Wacky republican idea...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#1New Post! Sep 26, 2005 @ 17:22:19
Now this is just some weird local politics at my school, but I got an email that said this:

Quote:
The republican study committee is proposing to reduce or totally
cut federal subsidized loans (look in rounup) from the national budget. This
is an attempt to gather more money for the hurricane victims.

Should Republicans use Katrina as an excuse to cut federally subsidized student loans??

Discuss
bandylank On June 22, 2006

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 26, 2005 @ 17:24:37
Will it really generate that much cash? I dont think that it will to be honest!
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#3New Post! Sep 26, 2005 @ 18:19:40
I've been reading articles the last few years where they have been trying to do this for years anyway. This is simply an excuse for them to rationalize their decision. Bad enough they doubled interest rates this year & now they're simply going to cut it all together? Ridiculous!
bandylank On June 22, 2006

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Sep 26, 2005 @ 18:38:18
@paramour Said
I've been reading articles the last few years where they have been trying to do this for years anyway. This is simply an excuse for them to rationalize their decision. Bad enough they doubled interest rates this year & now they're simply going to cut it all together? Ridiculous!

They are gonna use peoples suffering to further their cause?!? Bastards!

(sorry for swearing )
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

, United States (general)
#5New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 01:25:35
NO!!!They are going to do anything and everthing to raise money without raising taxes. Education is not to cut period! Education is our nation's future and I don't mean to sound glib I believe this. We were hit with a major natural disaster and we have to pay for it. we will have to cut some spending and, oh yes we will have to raise some taxes. Simple budget math 8)
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#6New Post! Sep 27, 2005 @ 21:36:32
you stuff like this always happens when a tragity happens--- look at 9/11 we probably still dont know all the details of the laws they pasted, it just goes to show you how evil our government really is, they are starting to because their own version of hollywood
rocket325 On August 07, 2015

Northwest, Connecticut
#7New Post! Sep 29, 2005 @ 16:29:32
Should Republicans use Katrina as an excuse to cut federally subsidized student loans??
My question; should Democrats use Katrina as a platform to villianize Bush & Republicans?

The typical Liberal Dummycrat response is about as proactive as their platform was during the election. All we heard were negative knee-jerk criticism of Republican stances, while offering no viable alternatives. This is a time to set aside political party bashing by the Dems and becoming part of the recovery solution
pinksparklystars On October 08, 2015

Austin, Texas
#8New Post! Sep 29, 2005 @ 23:28:20
how is anyone "villianizing" if that is what they are trying to do then thats it - just stating facts - y are they try to cyt federakkt subsidized student loans anyways - the government says they want all these kids to go to college but yet they keep making it harder and harder for people to go... just so you know i am not a democrat or a repubican
baker63 On March 29, 2007

Deleted

#9New Post! Sep 30, 2005 @ 03:07:16
@rocket325 Said
My question; should Democrats use Katrina as a platform to villianize Bush & Republicans?

The typical Liberal Dummycrat response is about as proactive as their platform was during the election. All we heard were negative knee-jerk criticism of Republican stances, while offering no viable alternatives. This is a time to set aside political party bashing by the Dems and becoming part of the recovery solution

Why not show some respect and not try and sound like Rush Limbough Dummycrat???come on! That is just going to put the discussion on to an emotional level. That doesn't accomplish anything. The Question was:
"Should Republicans use Katrina as an excuse to cut federally subsidized student loan?"

So if you don't agree answer it. Your question is equally as valid. My answer to it is no as it does not accomplish anything except taking attention away from the people who need it the most. As you said and I agree whole-heartedly that the victims of Katrina need bipartisan help now. The "what caused this and why" can wait.

But there are groups using Katrina to push their agenda. The oil drilling in Alaska is getting pushed hard right now, by Republicans, as Bush wants the oil from up there in a bad way. Energy is a problem we all know this, but the emphasize short term should be conservation and long term getting us to want to drive smaller fuel efficient vehicles, but this does not help big oil very much now does it.
thegorillas On November 10, 2006

Deleted

United States
#10New Post! Sep 30, 2005 @ 03:08:21
heck no they shouldn't but i don't get those type of loans anway so yeah
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#11New Post! Sep 30, 2005 @ 03:09:26
@thegorillas Said
heck no they shouldn't but i don't get those type of loans anway so yeah

Me so confuzzed? No they shouldn't but yeah go ahead anyway since you don't get them?

Northwest, Connecticut
#12New Post! Sep 30, 2005 @ 04:35:44
Baker63 said;
Why not show some respect and not try and sound like Rush Limbough

Fair enough...but respect has to earned!
Have you forgotten about Howard Dean(head of the Democratic National Comm)
and his statements that Republicans never earned an honest dollar or that the party was "brain dead"
I have NO respect for a political party who can elect a totally incompetant, alienating, scream machine to lead them
(to the the delight of Republicans)
aidia On October 13, 2005

#13New Post! Sep 30, 2005 @ 04:46:49
hmmmm
Somebody likes Bush!!!!!!

Biggest mistake this country ever made! We should have had disaster relief in effect far before all this happened!

Those people need homes, food, water...Bush wants more money to build Iraq!...Makes a whole new discuss

Northwest, Connecticut
#14New Post! Sep 30, 2005 @ 04:59:04
Biggest mistake this country ever made! We should have had disaster relief in effect far before all this happened!

The main responsibility for preparedness in this disaster
belongs to the state of Louisiana. The lack of coordination between city and state officials and emergency services further delayed and hampered Federal assistance.
aidia On October 13, 2005

#15New Post! Sep 30, 2005 @ 05:08:40
True , all their fault!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs