Harry Potter

WTH Fred and George???

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
SgtPowerPickle On August 05, 2017

, Indiana
#1New Post! Feb 02, 2017 @ 03:19:54
Has a anyone else considered this??

Fred and George had Marauder's Map since Harry and Ron was at Hogwarts right?

All that time those 2 had it.

They never once thought:

"Hmmm I wonder why Peter Pettigrew is on here.

"Wait a second. Why is he sleeping with Ron?"

I mean I get it. They're pranksters but damn..

That is beyond f***ed up.

Just a thought....
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Feb 02, 2017 @ 19:41:49
@SgtPowerPickle Said

They never once thought:

Just a thought....

That's a good question, actually. Considering they didn't give it to Harry until the 3rd book, that is kind of odd. But at the same time, it's not like Fred and George really knew who Peter Pettigrew was. I mean, aside from everyone thinking he was killed by Sirius Black, there wasn't much discussion about him before that.

I just figured that Fred and George just assumed that Peter was a classmate in the same year as Harry and Ron, who also might've shared their room with them. Also, because Scabbers/Peter was missing for most of the book, he probably didn't show up in their room as often.

Still, that's a very good, albeit messed-up point.

, Indiana
#3New Post! Feb 03, 2017 @ 06:54:44
Yea, I guess thats possible. Maybe they just didn't know who he was. Although the legend of Sirius did involve killing Peter in front of a bunch of Muggles causing a headache for The Ministry. Fred and George stay wrapped up in pranks so maybe they were just ignorant to who he had "killed."

Wait I don't remember if the Map had them appear as their nicknames or real names... Hmmm
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Feb 03, 2017 @ 12:10:33
Real names.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#5New Post! Feb 03, 2017 @ 19:22:10
@SgtPowerPickle Said

Yea, I guess thats possible. Maybe they just didn't know who he was. Although the legend of Sirius did involve killing Peter in front of a bunch of Muggles causing a headache for The Ministry. Fred and George stay wrapped up in pranks so maybe they were just ignorant to who he had "killed."

Wait I don't remember if the Map had them appear as their nicknames or real names... Hmmm

Real names, but the map can't differentiate between people who share the same name (a.k.a James Potter I [Harry's dad] vs. James Potter II [Harry's son]).
chaski On about 12 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! Feb 03, 2017 @ 20:11:47
@SgtPowerPickle Said

They never once thought:

Just a thought....

Fair question...but...

Fred and George would have had to look at Ron on the map to see Peter Pettigrew.

However, they used the map to go perpetrate mischief and sneak around Hogwarts, not to check up on their younger brother. In addition, they had already learned the secret passages and passwords, so they probably didn't need the map for anything other than to check that no one was near the passages that they wanted to use. As big brothers on a mission to be sneaky, Ron & Ron's bed were literally the last thing that they would have been looking at.

Example: If they were sneaking out of Hogwarts to go to Hogsmeade village, they would have been concerned with anyone near the one-eyed witch statue, like Snape or Filch, not with their sleeping brother.

Plus, based on the story, Peter Pettigrew was often hiding from Crookshanks and not actually with Ron.

etc

You just have a twisted mind.

, Indiana
#7New Post! Feb 15, 2017 @ 04:52:03
@chaski Said

Fair question...but...

Fred and George would have had to look at Ron on the map to see Peter Pettigrew.

However, they used the map to go perpetrate mischief and sneak around Hogwarts, not to check up on their younger brother. In addition, they had already learned the secret passages and passwords, so they probably didn't need the map for anything other than to check that no one was near the passages that they wanted to use. As big brothers on a mission to be sneaky, Ron & Ron's bed were literally the last thing that they would have been looking at.

Example: If they were sneaking out of Hogwarts to go to Hogsmeade village, they would have been concerned with anyone near the one-eyed witch statue, like Snape or Filch, not with their sleeping brother.

Plus, based on the story, Peter Pettigrew was often hiding from Crookshanks and not actually with Ron.

etc

You just have a twisted mind.

Having been a member of that James Potters crew Im sure Scabbers knew and used all of those same passage ways. Not to mention the numerous times Scabbers was w Ron traveling the castle. Just something to think about
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Feb 15, 2017 @ 05:35:50
For a start, Peter Pettigrew was an animagus and became Scabbers, Ron's pet rat, so for the first couple of years of Fred and George's time at Hogwarts, Scabbers was at the Burrow with Ron and therefore wouldn't appear on the Marauders Map.

Secondly, although they had the map, they probably didn't use it very often anyway, and as they weren't given to sneaking around the school in the middle of the night as Harry does, they probably wouldn't have noticed PP moving around with Ron amidst the clutter of the hundreds of other pupils and teachers who would be around during the daytime.

Thirdly, the book doesn't make it clear when they <ahem> "liberated" the map from Filch's office, so they might not have had it for very long anyway.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs