Pages: 1 2 · >>
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#1New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 12:40:59
Quote:
Violence, the supreme authority from which all others are derived
– Robert Heinlein

Violence, or the ability to physically damage others, is the natural root of all authority and social dominance. Think of every politician that existed throughout history. Would any of them have in their power any amount of authority if they couldn’t exert it through any kind of armed force (police, army, a crazy mob of supporters)? The original example of this is the caveman leader (history’s first politician/dictator). Normally he was the best warrior of the group.

You can argue, “But many times we chose our leaders based on their ability to handle the economy.” Yes, that’s true, but the ability to handle the economy didn’t give them the real authority. It gave them the compliance of people who were capable of exerting force (army, police force, etc), putting violence on their side, and because of that you accepted their orders even if you strongly disagreed with them.

Facing The Ultimate Consequences

Every interaction between two humans can lead to a physical escalation. Most people will flee when confronted with this possibility. This can limit our choices, because we don’t act in such way that might spark a fight with another individual, even if that action leads to getting something we want.

Being ready to face the ultimate consequences if any situation goes wrong lets you take more risks, makes you more assertive and unconsciously increases your confidence around other people.

See that girl with the jock that you want to meet? Let’s do it! Who gives a f*** if the jock tries to intervene? In the worst scenario I’ll just punch my way out.

See that idiot in my social scene who’s always mocking me and giving me a hard time? I’ll give him s***. Did it hurt his feelings and now he’s angry? Who gives a f***? In the worst scenario I’ll just punch my way out.

The examples above may seem exaggerated or taken directly from Fight Club, but let’s be honest: how many times do we restrain ourselves from doing or saying something because we fear that situation might go wrong and escalate to a fight? True freedom of action in our society comes from knowing that no matter how worse a situation can get we will know how to fight our way out.

The effects of learning this skill can be felt in every human interaction that you have. You will be more outspoken and you will talk to others with more calm and confidence. Women and men will feel your change in body language. You will not let others talk you down, and people will think twice before double-crossing you or talking s*** behind your back. A world of possibilities in human interactions will open before your eyes, as you will stay relaxed and secure about yourself no matter how bad it gets.
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#2New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 12:52:49
More so than fear of being attacked is fear of turning out to be the prick in any given situation.

I agree that people should freely go about doing what is right by them and if it escalates to violence - Que Sera, Sera

On the same token, however, doing what is right by me never involves doing wrong by another. ( I wouldn't hit on some other guy's girlfriend as one example )

But, yes - You have to take into consideration the world around us and the myriad of rules, ways and means that humans have established to give them false right to stick their noses in our crotches.

You can only do so much on your end to make peace before your pacifism simply downgrades to an undignified fear of losing a life which (to those in the know) is of little value.

Banned

#3New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 13:16:43
@Electric_Banana Said

More so than fear of being attacked is fear of turning out to be the prick in any given situation.

I agree that people should freely go about doing what is right by them and if it escalates to violence - Que Sera, Sera

On the same token, however, doing what is right by me never involves doing wrong by another. ( I wouldn't hit on some other guy's girlfriend as one example )

But, yes - You have to take into consideration the world around us and the myriad of rules, ways and means that humans have established to give them false right to stick their noses in our crotches.

You can only do so much on your end to make peace before your pacifism simply downgrades to an undignified fear of losing a life which (to those in the know) is of little value.

Ive never had to resort to violence except absolutely necessary times but that was self defense.

What I did notice though, was where as I used to be the Dweeb, so I always got picked on, once I learnt to fight and take care of myself, eveyones perception of me changed. Its the same with Weight training, although I believe knowing how to fight so you can look after yourself and be the protector of your loved ones is more important.

Its these reasons I think everyone should have some sort of fighting training and a base level of fitness.

When I see people who don't follow these basic principles become victims, I genrally cant feel anything for them, I was in that situation once, there was a problem, I got it sorted.

If everyone took responsibility for themselves, there would be a lot less trouble.

Its like the film fight club. At the start it is a bunch of scared men. However they start fighting and get used to it, they become desensatised to it and realise that they are not made of glass. The whole way they present themselves changes, the fact they know how to defend themselves is given off in some sort of vibe with how they carry themselves.

Any man worth his salt has been in a fight.

, New Zealand
#4New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 13:44:50
@Hypnotica Said

Ive never had to resort to violence except absolutely necessary times but that was self defense.

What I did notice though, was where as I used to be the Dweeb, so I always got picked on, once I learnt to fight and take care of myself, eveyones perception of me changed. Its the same with Weight training, although I believe knowing how to fight so you can look after yourself and be the protector of your loved ones is more important.

Its these reasons I think everyone should have some sort of fighting training and a base level of fitness.

When I see people who don't follow these basic principles become victims, I genrally cant feel anything for them, I was in that situation once, there was a problem, I got it sorted.

If everyone took responsibility for themselves, there would be a lot less trouble.

Its like the film fight club. At the start it is a bunch of scared men. However they start fighting and get used to it, they become desensatised to it and realise that they are not made of glass. The whole way they present themselves changes, the fact they know how to defend themselves is given off in some sort of vibe with how they carry themselves.

Any man worth his salt has been in a fight.

Fighting isn't the only option however - Tony Hawk recovered from having nearly every bone in his body broken several times over.

As for those viewing you differently upon making a critical change - I would sum it up to telepathic influence (manifestation) or a secret support group congratulating your efforts. Either way - Fakery.

And I think I've just realized why I find applauding even more offensive than mockery.

People who truly count are autonomous or genuine enough to always make effort to respect you for your current capabilities.

To quote Mike Muir "If you weren't a fan then...."

Most people tend to grow closer to those who were there to help them along from the start than those who only took interest in the final product.

....but having said that: 9 times out of 10 once you get the fat girl into shape she's going to want to begin seeing other d***s.

Banned

#5New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 13:49:41
@Electric_Banana Said

....but having said that: 9 times out of 10 once you get the fat girl into shape she's going to want to begin seeing other d***s.

Well yeah, she gets with you when she feels that is all she is worth. If she gets into shape, she will probably have a massive confidence boost and see herself in a new light and start realising she is worth more than she thought she was before.

, New Zealand
#6New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:05:07
@Hypnotica Said

Well yeah, she gets with you when she feels that is all she is worth. If she gets into shape, she will probably have a massive confidence boost and see herself in a new light and start realising she is worth more than she thought she was before.

Unfortunately, before people grow older and learn better being used in this manner tends to screw them up emotionally.

It's not until you see things for what they are and let go of your value for all around you that you can maturely, honestly and supportingly make time for someone to help grow their wings.

From what I've learned, however, you would have to be born into wealth to have that kind of free time otherwise you're going to be too focused on establishing a financial stronghold.

If I were to do this all again and wasn't able to meet my partner I would have not made any relationships or friendships to hold me back in my younger years and studied, studied, studied then relocated to a country which legalized prostitution and was know for hosting well-managed and posh brothels.

Banned

#7New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:09:17
@Electric_Banana Said

Unfortunately, before people grow older and learn better being used in this manner tends to screw them up emotionally.

It's not until you see things for what they are and let go of your value for all around you that you can maturely, honestly and supportingly make time for someone to help grow their wings.

From what I've learned, however, you would have to be born into wealth to have that kind of free time otherwise you're going to be too focused on establishing a financial stronghold.

REALLY. Even before I joined the army, I went to the gym. It had nothing to do with wealth, it just meant giving up things like playing computer games and watching TV so that I could be healthier, fitter, more in shape, more active and genrally feel better.

Even if you cant find a gym, you have these things called legs, you can do this thing with them called running, try google, you will get an insight.

But most of all, you need determination, otherwise you will just do what the normal mundane man does and make excuses.

Why would anyone want to get with or become friends with a mundane person in beyond me. What value do you have?

, New Zealand
#8New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:16:10
If you ever get the time, check this out:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/247870/

It's an interactive demonstration that Facebook and other 'obligated' socializing in general is holding many back from becoming something and even further promotes that some 'friends' may be stalling you intentionally.

It's further illustration as to why others really shouldn't rely too much on those outside of them to reciprocate their level of "success."

In fact some of us don't even take this existence seriously and constantly brainstorm around for an exit door with suspicion that trying to become something in this existence is a massive stalling in and of itself.

There's an old Taoist parable that reads something along the lines of "If you must drown yourself please don't try and do so in a puddle."

To which I've amended: "If you must drown yourself please don't try and do so in a puddle on the floor of a restroom in an Adult Bookstore."

Banned

#9New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:22:45
@Electric_Banana Said

If you ever get the time, check this out:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/247870/

It's an interactive demonstration that Facebook and other 'obligated' socializing in general is holding many back from becoming something and even further promotes that some 'friends' may be stalling you intentionally.

It's further illustration as to why others really shouldn't rely too much on those outside of them to reciprocate their level of "success."

In fact some of us don't even take this existence seriously and constantly brainstorm around for an exit door with suspicion that trying to become something in this existence is a massive stalling in and of itself.

There's an old Taoist parable that reads something along the lines of "If you must drown yourself please don't try and do so in a puddle."

To which I've amended: "If you must drown yourself please don't try and do so in a puddle on the floor of a restroom in an Adult Bookstore."

The friends I had that were holding me back, I cut off. My life has been better ever since. Well one ex-friend in particular. Although I wouldn't call him a friend, just an emotional black hole. Funnily he hasn't done anything with his life and I don't think he ever will. Although he always claimed he was happy, that never explained why he was so damned negative all the time. Still its his life not mine. All I can do is stop him affecting mine.

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:23:32
@Hypnotica Said

REALLY. Even before I joined the army, I went to the gym. It had nothing to do with wealth, it just meant giving up things like playing computer games and watching TV so that I could be healthier, fitter, more in shape, more active and genrally feel better.

Even if you cant find a gym, you have these things called legs, you can do this thing with them called running, try google, you will get an insight.

But most of all, you need determination, otherwise you will just do what the normal mundane man does and make excuses.

Why would anyone want to get with or become friends with a mundane person in beyond me. What value do you have?

I would even focus on wealth before health to be quite frank.

It doesn't matter if you're only twenty-five, have the gut of a wino and your bum has already begun dribbling as long as you've got a cash flow to buy away all of the bulls*** that gets tossed at you.

@Hypnotica Said

What value do you have?

I'm not greedy, I only value kindness and sincerity for the most part.
Although...considering supply and demand perhaps in this existence I'm gluttonous.

Banned

#11New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:27:46
@Electric_Banana Said

I would even focus on wealth before health to be quite frank.

It doesn't matter if you're only twenty-five, have the gut of a wino and your bum has already begun dribbling as long as you've got a cash flow to buy away all of the bulls*** that gets tossed at you.

Health, Wealth and Relationships. I try to focus on all 3. They are all interlocked in my opinion.

Also like I have stated in my procrastination thread, now I have started training agin after a break for a couple of weeks, I feel a hell of a lot more focussed and I have better energy levels. So work isn't stressful like it was last week.

You cant just focus on one and ignore the other 2.

, New Zealand
#12New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:35:15
@Hypnotica Said

The friends I had that were holding me back, I cut off. My life has been better ever since. Well one ex-friend in particular. Although I wouldn't call him a friend, just an emotional black hole. Funnily he hasn't done anything with his life and I don't think he ever will. Although he always claimed he was happy, that never explained why he was so damned negative all the time. Still its his life not mine. All I can do is stop him affecting mine.

Meh, same ol' song and dance. I'm surprised that the world is still surprised and keeps expecting different results.

There's only so many times you can mock the creation before the creation turns and mocks all of existence.

I'm not sure about your friend but I never cried in a little dark room cutting myself, instead I took it all in and had a damn good laugh at it all.

, New Zealand
#13New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:40:01
@Hypnotica Said

Health, Wealth and Relationships. I try to focus on all 3. They are all interlocked in my opinion.

Also like I have stated in my procrastination thread, now I have started training agin after a break for a couple of weeks, I feel a hell of a lot more focussed and I have better energy levels. So work isn't stressful like it was last week.

You cant just focus on one and ignore the other 2.

"The Short Satisfying Life"

I see nothing wrong with living to the ripe ol' age of fifty throwing wads of cash out your window every time something slightly concerning starts to arise.

Banned

#14New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 14:41:45
@Electric_Banana Said

Meh, same ol' song and dance. I'm surprised that the world is still surprised and keeps expecting different results.

There's only so many times you can mock the creation before the creation turns and mocks all of existence.

I'm not sure about your friend but I never cried in a little dark room cutting myself, instead I took it all in and had a damn good laugh at it all.

Like I have said many times before. If you keep doing what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten.
yami On September 11, 2016

Banned

grimsby, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Feb 20, 2014 @ 17:51:09
Violence is ok in theory but not much fun if you are on the receiving end of it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs