Politics

Vice President Joe Biden Tells 'Meet The Press'

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#46New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 21:28:08
@LuckyCharms Said

Well then I think your God should dictate how YOU live and not how others live. Since you have claimed him personally, then your personal God should confine himself to YOUR life.

If you would like to take into account how everyone else's personal God feels, perhaps we can tally the votes from all these various Gods and majority rules?

It don't work that way. God watches everyone and I get the impression He's pretty upset with everyone right now.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#47New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 21:31:16
@hoppy Said

It don't work that way. God watches everyone and I get the impression He's pretty upset with everyone right now.

No, you said YOUR God. And YOUR God is not everyone's God. Around the world and in the US, there are many and no Gods running afoot depending on who you ask. Heck there's even a muslim God running around in the US too. Perhaps we should use the laws of their God to determine laws in the states? Would you like that?

If YOUR God is good enough to determine law, I don't see why other Gods aren't good enough to chip in too. In for a penny, in for a pound right? I mean once a law is based around a religious dogma then we can't go about keeping other religions out of it. Freedom of religion would dictate that right?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#48New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 23:30:02
@LuckyCharms Said

No, you said YOUR God. And YOUR God is not everyone's God. Around the world and in the US, there are many and no Gods running afoot depending on who you ask. Heck there's even a muslim God running around in the US too. Perhaps we should use the laws of their God to determine laws in the states? Would you like that?

If YOUR God is good enough to determine law, I don't see why other Gods aren't good enough to chip in too. In for a penny, in for a pound right? I mean once a law is based around a religious dogma then we can't go about keeping other religions out of it. Freedom of religion would dictate that right?

There is one true God and a whole lot of phonies. Be careful which one you are following.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#49New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 23:39:36
@hoppy Said

There is one true God and a whole lot of phonies. Be careful which one you are following.

The problem with claiming that is that so many people claim that - about different religions. So according to many different people of different religions, each of them is worshiping the one true God. Now obviously, if one takes the perspective that there is actually only one true God, then the majority of people on the planet have to be wrong. No single religion holds the plurality.

So if Christianity is the correct way, then 2/3rds of the people on this planet are wrong. That's a lot of souls in hell.

I'm more of a 'many paths to the top of the mountain' gal myself. See, that way there's room for everyone to worship whichever God they were taught was right and I'm not usurping the role of any God by making a judgment which I'm not equipped with the knowledge to make. Everyone gets to practice their own religion. No one gets to force their religion upon another. And before you know it, the first amendment really comes to life in its full glory.
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#50New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 23:43:08
But if you understand the Creator for the Creation, you begin to see that Creation is varied upon the premise for explaining the myth, or, if you prefer, the concept of deep ecological form for the reason in Nature. The Creator only knows His own creation; we just guess at Him Doing.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#51New Post! May 15, 2012 @ 20:03:14
(playing the violin)
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs