Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#31New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 01:07:10
@PTF Said

Religious beliefs ?
Religion has nothing to do with what I believe.
Anti American ?
Ha...Next !
This stuff isn't easy to shield from my kids.
I engage my parental control,telling them there's a problem with the cable...again.
I can't keep this up.
If this is the "NEW" Americanism we're in deep do-do Hon.

Okay so your bigotry is not a function of religious beliefs. Would you like a cookie?

I look forward to the day when America fulfills the promises made in our Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights. Note, there is no asterisk in the Declaration of Independence that says "*except gay people".

This is not "new". This is America. We are the ones that built a society around the concept of equal rights. As our culture evolves, we include more than just white men in our concept of equality. Our laws evolve as our culture evolves. This is how our country works. How it has always worked. And even how it was intended to work.

At many times in America's history important changes have been accepted for the sake of human rights. Children no longer work in sweat shops, women are allowed to vote, there is no 14 hour work day with no overtime, blacks have been freed from slavery and given full rights as citizens etc

All of these situations had vocal opponents who claimed that the US would come to an end, that society would collapse and would in general, bring many problems and the utmost of chaos. That did not happen in those situations and it will not happen when gay marriage is accepted. America is stronger than that.

Basic human social rights aren't something that can be dictated by one group to another group. Well, they can, but they shouldn't be. Especially not in these United States where we hold individual liberty and freedom so dear. The bastion of liberty should not behave in a manner that can be compared to the behavior of those in backward, totalitarian and uncivilized regimes.

And finally, no, America is not in 'deep do-do". You are. You and those like you. I wish you luck in navigating this "new" Americanism. Those of use that recognize America's long history of creating equality and recognizing human rights will watch you with a mixture of amusement and irritation knowing that eventually you will go the way of the dinosaur. Eventually.
Five_Tailed_Fox On June 16, 2012

Cottontown, Tennessee
#32New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 09:17:07
@PTF Said

This stuff isn't easy to shield from my kids.
I engage my parental control,telling them there's a problem with the cable...again.
I can't keep this up.

What exactly are you having to hide from your kids? The fact that gay people want to get married? The fact that gay people even exist? Why the hell would you do something like that?
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#33New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 13:27:01
@LuckyCharms Said

Okay so your bigotry is not a function of religious beliefs. Would you like a cookie?

I look forward to the day when America fulfills the promises made in our Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights. Note, there is no asterisk in the Declaration of Independence that says "*except gay people".

This is not "new". This is America. We are the ones that built a society around the concept of equal rights. As our culture evolves, we include more than just white men in our concept of equality. Our laws evolve as our culture evolves. This is how our country works. How it has always worked. And even how it was intended to work.

At many times in America's history important changes have been accepted for the sake of human rights. Children no longer work in sweat shops, women are allowed to vote, there is no 14 hour work day with no overtime, blacks have been freed from slavery and given full rights as citizens etc

All of these situations had vocal opponents who claimed that the US would come to an end, that society would collapse and would in general, bring many problems and the utmost of chaos. That did not happen in those situations and it will not happen when gay marriage is accepted. America is stronger than that.

Basic human social rights aren't something that can be dictated by one group to another group. Well, they can, but they shouldn't be. Especially not in these United States where we hold individual liberty and freedom so dear. The bastion of liberty should not behave in a manner that can be compared to the behavior of those in backward, totalitarian and uncivilized regimes.

And finally, no, America is not in 'deep do-do". You are. You and those like you. I wish you luck in navigating this "new" Americanism. Those of use that recognize America's long history of creating equality and recognizing human rights will watch you with a mixture of amusement and irritation knowing that eventually you will go the way of the dinosaur. Eventually.

This is one the best posts EVER!!! You nailed it my friend! DAM, i'm proud to know you!

Chicago, Illinois
#34New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 13:30:09
@Five_Tailed_Fox Said

What exactly are you having to hide from your kids? The fact that gay people want to get married? The fact that gay people even exist? Why the hell would you do something like that?

I would have to ask that as well!
Magically Delicious

#36New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 16:18:33
@Spinkiegirl Said

This is one the best posts EVER!!! You nailed it my friend! DAM, i'm proud to know you!

Thanks.

Not to toot my horn - well okay just a little - I rather liked that post as well.

Chicago, Illinois
#37New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 17:52:41
@LuckyCharms Said

Thanks.

Not to toot my horn - well okay just a little - I rather liked that post as well.

That post and what you said, was f***ing AWESOME and dead on lady!! And DAM I wish there were more that felt and believed those same morals and decent values you displayed in your post!! It must get boring being so dam AWESOME!!!
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#39New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 18:57:36
I wonder how 'jolly on the spot' turns out different than 'hits the spot'. Was that that hermeneutics was a bad reality in the eighties, like doing their 'reality checks'? Really hermeneutics and the history of structuralism is doing worse today. No?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#40New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 20:28:54
@Spinkiegirl Said

Really Hoppy? First, I was a "normal" kid, well at least I was told I was. I didn't "vomit" when I first saw two men or two women kissing each other....fortunately I was Blessed to have two decent, loving, and moral parents.....who taught me about LOVE of my fellow mankind! No matter what. My parents as well as my church told me that marriage was one man and one woman. And that was God's intentions. I believed that then and I believe it to this day, they also told me, I was NEVER to hate or judge ANYONE for ANY reason. And that gay folks are no different or less loved in God's eyes. He created us all. My beliefs about gays have changed, that is, I now believe that gay folks are to be treated under law the EXACT same as I, a straight Christian!

First, I ain't talkin about just kissing. You know what else they do.
Magically Delicious

#41New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 20:32:54
@hoppy Said

First, I ain't talkin about just kissing. You know what else they do.

Well, Hoppy, if it's any consolation gay people aren't turned on by the thought of having straight sex just as you aren't turned on by the thought of gay sex.

See... there's common ground after all.

hoppy On August 27, 2013

#42New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 20:37:03
@LuckyCharms Said

Well, Hoppy, if it's any consolation gay people aren't turned on by the thought of having straight sex just as you aren't turned on by the thought of gay sex.

See... there's common ground after all.

That's fine. Gays can screw any way or thing they want. It's a slap in the face to God for them to marry, is all.
Magically Delicious

#43New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 20:38:40
@hoppy Said

That's fine. Gays can screw any way or thing they want. It's a slap in the face to God for them to marry, is all.

So you've had that conversation with God then? He told you personally?
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#44New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 20:41:17
Laugh all you want. I talk to MY God every day. BTY, He hates what libs stand for.
Magically Delicious

#45New Post! May 12, 2012 @ 20:47:05
@hoppy Said

Laugh all you want. I talk to MY God every day. BTY, He hates what libs stand for.

Well then I think your God should dictate how YOU live and not how others live. Since you have claimed him personally, then your personal God should confine himself to YOUR life.

If you would like to take into account how everyone else's personal God feels, perhaps we can tally the votes from all these various Gods and majority rules?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs