Politics

Vice President Joe Biden Tells 'Meet The Press'

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#16New Post! May 09, 2012 @ 00:57:53
I'll be laughing my a** off specifically at you if Obama is re-elected. Just because your two brain cells will be in overload.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#17New Post! May 09, 2012 @ 00:59:35
Nuff said on this topic. I already had my say.
Magically Delicious

#18New Post! May 09, 2012 @ 01:01:01
@PTF Said

That's what we'd call a 'feline' response. Well, synonym wise.
Five_Tailed_Fox On June 16, 2012

Cottontown, Tennessee
#19New Post! May 09, 2012 @ 09:28:58
@PTF Said

Your "say" was incredibly lacking, considering you didn't actually say anything. All you did was laugh when asked a question.
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#20New Post! May 09, 2012 @ 15:56:32
@Five_Tailed_Fox Said

What's the difference?

If a straight couple lives together long enough, they can have a common-law marriage, right? Why can't that happen with a gay couple?

Umm I know what you mean, but point of fact common law marriages were done away with on a federal level, I believe at the end of the Bush administration. However you're right in that same sex couples should be allowed the EXACT same legal rights and protections of a straight couple.
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#21New Post! May 09, 2012 @ 16:37:03
@PTF Said

Marriage rituals.
Don't see Catholic churches going for this or any other denominations.

Common law as a "front" for gay couples but I guess they can use it as well.

Next !

Marriage is a legal construct on religious. Thus why folks can marry in a courthouse as an alternative to church marriages. Even in church weddings, paperwork must go through the legal system, the church ceremony is not legal, it is ceremony only. The marriage is not official til paperwork is filed. The reason there has been a recent increase in steps toward gay marriage is that using"sanctity" as reasoning has been declared federally unlawful as the word refers the religion and there is the whole"separation of church at state" thing. It's very simple: Don't want gay marriage? Don't have one.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#22New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 02:23:24
@PTF Said

Marriage rituals.
Don't see Catholic churches going for this or any other denominations.

Common law as a "front" for gay couples but I guess they can use it as well.

Next !

So what if the "Catholic churches" or ANY of the other churches don't approve or support same-sex marriages! I believe that if you don't want gays to legally marry......then that's just fine. However, EVERYONE in America doesn't practice any religious faith.....some Americans don't believe in religion, God, or Jesus etc. And that SHOULDN'T be a problem for those that do. America is directly and blatantly DISCRIMINATING against some of her citizens.....there is no freedom in that! It is shameful....and it's not right! IMO....and i'm a Christian.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#23New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 02:32:03
@Spinkiegirl Said

America is directly and blatantly DISCRIMINATING against some of her citizens....

Spinkiegirl, I promise that I am not trying to attack you....

BUT, is is possible that only some Americans are "directly and blatantly DISCRIMINATING against some of her citizens"?

Pres Obama has stated that he... his opinion... on this topic is and has been evolving. That is, he was not always pro gay marriage. He was once wrong, but has now "evolved"...

Isn't it possible to look at America in this same way?

We as a country have not always been right. But, unlike some countries, we are evolving toward what is good and right.

Is it possible that while SOME Americans discriminate, our country is evolving away from discrimination?

Maybe it is taking a long time... maybe "too long", but we are not perfect (no human is)... and as a country haven't we been progressing?

It that a possibility?

Why does our entire country take the hit for some dumb asses? We have had some progress... haven't we?

(Note: This is not an attack on you.)

Chicago, Illinois
#24New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 02:58:43
@chaski Said

BUT, is is possible that only some Americans are "directly and blatantly DISCRIMINATING against some of her citizens"?

Pres Obama has stated that he... his opinion... on this topic is and has been evolving. That is, he was not always pro gay marriage. He was once wrong, but has now "evolved"...

We as a country have not always been right. But, unlike some countries, we are evolving toward what is good and right.

Is it possible that while SOME Americans discriminate, our country is evolving away from discrimination?

Maybe it is taking a long time... maybe "too long", but we are not perfect (no human is)... and as a country haven't we been progressing?

It that a possibility?

Why does our entire country take the hit for some dumb asses? We have had some progress... haven't we?

Yes, I do see your point, and I think it's valid. And I do not feel you are attacking me. I agree with your statements 100%....it is possible...and that's something I didn't consider.

Chicago, Illinois
#25New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 03:01:40
@chaski Said

It that a possibility?

I meant that I agree with your post.

Chicago, Illinois
#26New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 12:47:49
@lilkatangel Said

Marriage is a legal construct on religious. Thus why folks can marry in a courthouse as an alternative to church marriages. Even in church weddings, paperwork must go through the legal system, the church ceremony is not legal, it is ceremony only. The marriage is not official til paperwork is filed. The reason there has been a recent increase in steps toward gay marriage is that using"sanctity" as reasoning has been declared federally unlawful as the word refers the religion and there is the whole"separation of church at state" thing. It's very simple: Don't want gay marriage? Don't have one.

I have yet to find any studies that show gay marriage HARMS anyone! And that is why, as a Christian....I believe our country is dead wrong for legalizing DISCRIMINATION!!! I have been an American citizen all my life. And I have not found any reasons for outlawing same-sex marriage other than religion!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#27New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 13:06:26
@chaski Said

It that a possibility?

Actually, Spinkie is correct. The US is discriminating against gay people. Straight people have nearly 1300 extra rights and privileges that gay people are denied..

It's getting better, a few years ago, it was more than 1500, but you've lost some and we've gained some.. But, since straight Americans have more rights than gay Americans, then it's correct to say that the US is discriminating.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#28New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 21:18:29
@LuckyCharms Said

I'll be laughing my a** off specifically at you if Obama is re-elected. Just because your two brain cells will be in overload.

Well sweetie I will not laugh if this dude loses after what he said a few days ago on ABC.
It's obvious this dude is desperate...Now he's for same sex just to get the vote !
How low can one go ?
No one is buying it.
Magically Delicious

#29New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 21:21:03
@PTF Said

Well sweetie I will not laugh if this dude loses after what he said a few days ago on ABC.
It's obvious this dude is desperate...Now he's for same sex just to get the vote !
How low can one go ?
No one is buying it.

I'm sorry your bigoted belief system is so anti-American it is laughable. Perhaps when you next wrap yourself up in patriotism and the flag you remember that our country is based on equal rights for all. Not just equal rights for whomever follows your particular religious beliefs.
PTF On April 24, 2017

Banned

Indiana,
#30New Post! May 11, 2012 @ 21:09:27
@LuckyCharms Said

I'm sorry your bigoted belief system is so anti-American it is laughable. Perhaps when you next wrap yourself up in patriotism and the flag you remember that our country is based on equal rights for all. Not just equal rights for whomever follows your particular religious beliefs.

Religious beliefs ?
Religion has nothing to do with what I believe.
Anti American ?
Ha...Next !
This stuff isn't easy to shield from my kids.
I engage my parental control,telling them there's a problem with the cable...again.
I can't keep this up.
If this is the "NEW" Americanism we're in deep do-do Hon.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs