Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#61New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 04:12:30
@Mysteria Said

Thank you, boxer. That means a lot.

I'll call the clinic tomorrow. Last time I checked, they didn't have a counselor on staff.

I'm not sure the exact title of the 'program' , but, I have a family member that has his weekly counseling sessions via web cam and live chat in the local clinic office . The doctor is in a town over 400 miles away but it's just like they are face to face.The counselor faxes any thing needed like prescriptions to the local office and it's all done on a sliding scale . My family member is on SSA disability.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#62New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 04:44:54
@DorkySupergirl Said

Is this what you are implying?

Say my face breaks out something terrible and I go and see my mom and she says to me, my God, what the hell happened to your face, you used ot be pretty but not with all those pimples. It is my fault to hear this because its the truth that my face is broken out?

What if you gain weight and your mom says you are fat, this is okay because it is the truth that you gained some weight?

Just want to make sure I understand here.

I think it's wrong to make negative comments like that. They're hurtful and I've heard my share of those too. Hope your mom isn't making you upset anymore.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#63New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 04:50:33
@white_swan53 Said

I'm not sure the exact title of the 'program' , but, I have a family member that has his weekly counseling sessions via web cam and live chat in the local clinic office . The doctor is in a town over 400 miles away but it's just like they are face to face.The counselor faxes any thing needed like prescriptions to the local office and it's all done on a sliding scale . My family member is on SSA disability.

There's a psychiatrist at the clinic, but no counselors. All he does is hand out scripts. I miss my former psychologist. He understood me. Unfortunately, he moved.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#64New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 04:51:02
@DorkySupergirl Said

Is this what you are implying?

Say my face breaks out something terrible and I go and see my mom and she says to me, my God, what the hell happened to your face, you used ot be pretty but not with all those pimples. It is my fault to hear this because its the truth that my face is broken out?

What if you gain weight and your mom says you are fat, this is okay because it is the truth that you gained some weight?

Just want to make sure I understand here.

I have to agree with this - it's not nice to call someone out for their faults. Constructive criticism maybe but not making somebody feel worthless.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#65New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 04:54:28
@Mysteria Said

I think it's wrong to make negative comments like that. They're hurtful and I've heard my share of those too. Hope your mom isn't making you upset anymore.

Panda, I hope you don't take this offensive but as I was pointing out before I've been offended a lot throughout life.

I stopped getting hurt by it though because I stopped taking it personally, I realized that most people are naturally insulting and offensive - it's what humans seem to do best.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#66New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 05:14:52
@Electric_Banana Said

Panda, I hope you don't take this offensive but as I was pointing out before I've been offended a lot throughout life.

I stopped getting hurt by it though because I stopped taking it personally, I realized that most people are naturally insulting and offensive - it's what humans seem to do best.

I'm not offended. What you don't seem to understand is that I can't have a conversation with these people without something negative happening. It's like beating my head against a brick wall. I make a simple statement about my education and they attack me or try and discourage me. It's tiring and very, very exasperating. The subjects I bring up turn into something way off topic because they have selective hearing and when there's two against one, it's impossible to ignore. Sometimes I think they have no sense because of the way they respond to normal comments. The difference is that I don't want to ask if they're really that dumb. I've told my mother that I think she goes out of her way to misunderstand me.

I'm sorry for what you've gone through. I've been bullied by others as well and I know that's life, but these are people who claim to love me. They shouldn't continue doing and saying hurtful things. It's the same pattern, ad nauseum.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 05:27:37
@Mysteria Said

I haven't been online much the past few months, therefore I really don't know what's going on. It's unfortunate that you're being personally attacked. No one deserves to be abused. I've seen it happen before and been guilty of it myself. I tend to avoid political and religious discussions. The debates almost always turn negative and I don't like harming others. Have you reported the attacks?

Yes, I have but unfortunately to no avail. The individual concerned is still as active, vitriolic and anger-driven as ever. I never start any of our "confrontations". I simply post threads and articles and he jumps in with his rage and abuse, completely unprovoked.

I must confess to having responded inappropriately at times, but have offered on more than one occasion to settle our differences. He staunchly refuses to accept any olive branches I put out.

It seems I will simply have to endure this. It's tiresome and irritating and the temptation to respond like with like is always there. I think likes it when I do let my discipline slip because it drags me down to his level.

I'm trying hard to not respond inappropriately but it's difficult. There is a mentality amongst some other readers on this site that if a person says things about you, then not responding gives it the veneer of truth. A rebuttal of the attacks has to be made for the sake of defending my good name but that in itself only provokes further attacks. He has the approval of a few like minded individuals who post messages that are supportive of him and perhaps this panders to his vanity and encourages him further. The payoff for his buddies is that they can sit back and enjoy the puerile "entertainment" that they enjoy from all this. One feeds off the other and it becomes a self-sustaining cycle of hate.

He holds all the aces..... and he plays them from the bottom of the deck.

I have challenged him on a number of occasions to dispute my facts if he can... to argue on the issues.... to contest my opinions on their merits.... he, of course, fails to rise to this, simply sticking to his line of abuse.

Unfortunately, the moderators and owners of this site are either unable or unwilling to constrain this individual's behaviour. I don't wish to have him removed from the site, just be told to curb his behaviour and stick to the facts of the issues instead of resorting to bullying and personal abuse.

Bullies are cowards. I think most of us would agree with that. In the person of this individual we have the most cowardly of bullies. He refuses to discuss the issues or challenge me on my facts, instead he resorts to what he knows he can get away with.... His attacks on my posts don't require any thought or research and he avoids finding himself in the position of having to possibly admit that I may just have a point. He doesn't have to accept that I have posted facts which cast doubt on the rightness, decency or nobility of those things he holds dear.

I have done as much as I can to counter this individual. I can do no more. But if he is determined to carry on his personal campaign then it is something he has to deal with in front of the bathroom mirror. I will simply carry on doing what I do and give more credence to those who discuss reasonably and fairly.

JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#68New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 05:35:40
@Mysteria Said

What does verbal abuse mean to YOU? Do you believe that in order to be a victim of verbal abuse, one has to be called names?

In my opinion, a person can be verbally abused with or without name calling.

Very true. I was verbally and mentally abused as a child. I called it "character assassination". My father would belittle me, chastise me, talk "down" to me, call me derogatory names, amongst other things. After that came the physical abuse.

J.R.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#69New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 16:01:00
Sometimes I see people complain about being verbally abused but then they go out and do something cruel and belittling to someone else. If one does not like getting attacked verbally, perhaps they should have more compassion for others.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#70New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 19:08:03
[smile]https://i.tfster.com/cache/i.tfster.com/cache/i38.tinypic.com/mifl7c.jpg">
TenaciousDave On February 11, 2022
The Anus Of Satan

Jeffrey Dahmer's Lunchbox,
#71New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 19:35:35
@DorkySupergirl Said

Sometimes I see people complain about being verbally abused but then they go out and do something cruel and belittling to someone else. If one does not like getting attacked verbally, perhaps they should have more compassion for others.

I feel like I'm being abused by your avatar.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#72New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 19:47:39
At any rate, thanks for the support I've received here.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#73New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 19:57:38
I take verbal abuse and I give some. I try to avoid it but sometimes you just run into the wrong person at the wrong time.

Ultimately in the big scheme of things words between folk should not be taken to heart. Actions speak louder.
Mysteria On May 19, 2014
I Am Rogue!

A Small Town, Texas
#74New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 20:04:53
@treebee Said

I take verbal abuse and I give some. I try to avoid it but sometimes you just run into the wrong person at the wrong time.

Ultimately in the big scheme of things words between folk should not be taken to heart. Actions speak louder.

Just a question: Would it be okay if your loved ones treated you like a second class citizen, but they gave you money to make up for it (in their opinion)?

It's kinda like the question on the book I'm reading, "After all I've done for you, how can you be so selfish?" (I can just hear my mother telling me, "I guess you'll remember that next time you don't have any money." when I said that my son and I just want to be ourselves.)
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#75New Post! Jun 10, 2011 @ 20:07:00
@TenaciousDave Said

I feel like I'm being abused by your avatar.

Oh what a cry baby sally ,,,,,
sweet little Max couldn't abuse a fly ,,, oops, ,,,,emm never mind [smile]https://i.tfster.com/tfs/images/galleries/full_3ab16ef8a50da11be33c035129f2a18b.gif">
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs