The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Venezuelan Presidential election

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted



Stockport, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 08:23:38
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-19867445

So well done to Hugo Chavez for securing the presidential election, he is a reluctant winner as he did not want to lead the people of Venezuela but felt he had to as only he “could guarantee world peace” and “save the human race.”


A tall order but perhaps he should have more modest ambitions? Since coming to power homicide rates have tripled, Venezuela has three times the kidnap rate of Mexico. Food prices rose more than 10% in the first ˝ of 2012 faster than anywhere in the region.

In the health service, ˝ the Doctors there have left their positions in public hospitals and half of those have left the country. Only 10% of public hospitals have all the supplies they need, the other 90% lack syringes, gauze, sheets and just about everything else you need to run a hospital.

Still, he looks good in Armani suit when he is jetting around the globe trying to save us all.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus


Deleted



Peoria, Arizona
#2New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 16:18:33
@MAW Said

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-19867445

So well done to Hugo Chavez for securing the presidential election, he is a reluctant winner as he did not want to lead the people of Venezuela but felt he had to as only he “could guarantee world peace” and “save the human race.”


A tall order but perhaps he should have more modest ambitions? Since coming to power homicide rates have tripled, Venezuela has three times the kidnap rate of Mexico. Food prices rose more than 10% in the first ˝ of 2012 faster than anywhere in the region.

In the health service, ˝ the Doctors there have left their positions in public hospitals and half of those have left the country. Only 10% of public hospitals have all the supplies they need, the other 90% lack syringes, gauze, sheets and just about everything else you need to run a hospital.

Still, he looks good in Armani suit when he is jetting around the globe trying to save us all.


What's this, a commie turning on a comrade? Is there trouble in paradise utopia?

How come he didn't get Jimmy Carter to validate the election like before? Maybe he's waiting for Obama to follow in Jimmy's footsteps (as he's doing in so many other areas), and do it after Jan. 20. Of course, then as now, it's only a formality anyway.
offbeat On November 08, 2020




london, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 16:29:49
yes he did well.... think he's been re elected 3 times now ...he must be terribly popular .
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus


Deleted



Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 16:45:52
@offbeat Said

yes he did well.... think he's been re elected 3 times now ...he must be terribly popular .


With emphasis on the terribly.



offbeat On November 08, 2020




london, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 16:47:26
@ThePainefulTruth Said

With emphasis on the terribly.



the ex mayor of london is a good friend of president chavez ... so he's obviously a sound chap .
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus


Deleted



Peoria, Arizona
#6New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 16:50:06
@offbeat Said

the ex mayor of london is a good friend of president chavez ... so he's obviously a sound chap .


Ditto the soon-to-be ex-"President" of the United States.


offbeat On November 08, 2020




london, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 16:53:23
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Ditto the soon-to-be ex-"President" of the United States.



oh my god ! ..that remark's going to enflame the dem's .
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus


Deleted



Peoria, Arizona
#8New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 17:35:22
@offbeat Said

oh my god ! ..that remark's going to enflame the dem's .


The Dems are in a perpetual state of inflammation and being offended, even if you appease them and give them everything they said they wanted.



MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted



Stockport, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 19:13:28
@ThePainefulTruth Said

What's this, a commie turning on a comrade? Is there trouble in paradise utopia?

How come he didn't get Jimmy Carter to validate the election like before? Maybe he's waiting for Obama to follow in Jimmy's footsteps (as he's doing in so many other areas), and do it after Jan. 20. Of course, then as now, it's only a formality anyway.



He was never a comrade, just like those jerks that (mis)-managed Enron were probably not the sort you'd hold up as shining examples of capitalism.
Jimmy Carter? That old cock-sucker still kicking around?
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted



Stockport, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 19:25:30
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The Dems are in a perpetual state of inflammation and being offended, even if you appease them and give them everything they said they wanted.




I hate the Dems too, but there is nothing worse than a sore loser.
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted



Stockport, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Oct 08, 2012 @ 19:46:36
@ThePainefulTruth Said

With emphasis on the terribly.




Put it like this is he was a true comrade would he flying around the globe in an $80 million presidential plane whilst back home people struggle to make ends meet?
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus


Deleted



Peoria, Arizona
#12New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 05:37:05
@MAW Said

Put it like this is he was a true comrade would he flying around the globe in an $80 million presidential plane whilst back home people struggle to make ends meet?


All socialists are hypocrites, that is, limousine liberals. It's all hunky dory until they slide into that upper level elite slot with it's built in double standard that no go socialist ever dares to question.

"To each according to his need", and the elite always need a lot more.

Look at all you have and the global average salary is $5000 a year. Common socialists are always for social and economic equity until they realize they're only on the bottom run in their own country--on a global scale they're far from it. Guess that' why they call it National Socialism.



MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted



Stockport, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 13:22:31
@ThePainefulTruth Said

All socialists are hypocrites, that is, limousine liberals. It's all hunky dory until they slide into that upper level elite slot with it's built in double standard that no go socialist ever dares to question.

"To each according to his need", and the elite always need a lot more.

Look at all you have and the global average salary is $5000 a year. Common socialists are always for social and economic equity until they realize they're only on the bottom run in their own country--on a global scale they're far from it. Guess that' why they call it National Socialism.




Sorry old boy I didn't understand a word of that, but I suppose it comes down to your definistion of socialism. I guess for you it is anyone who is not running for the US Republican party. Though even they are suspect...

The Manchurian Candidate
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus


Deleted



Peoria, Arizona
#14New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 16:58:46
@MAW Said

Sorry old boy I didn't understand a word of that, but I suppose it comes down to your definistion of socialism. I guess for you it is anyone who is not running for the US Republican party. Though even they are suspect...

The Manchurian Candidate


No, Bush was a fascist, which is a national socialist, just as communism is another form of socialism. Look it up--but first you need to learn how to spell definistion ^ .

MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted



Stockport, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Oct 09, 2012 @ 17:00:15
@ThePainefulTruth Said

No, Bush was a fascist, which is a national socialist, just as communism is another form of socialism. Look it up--but first you need to learn how to spell definistion ^ .




From wikipedia :

Communism (from Latin communis - common, universal) is a revolutionary socialist movement to create a classless, moneyless, and stateless social order structured upon common ownership of the means of production, as well as a social, political and economic ideology that aims at the establishment of this social order.

will that do?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

      
Subscribe to topic prefs

Similar Topics
    Forum Topic Last Post Replies Views
New posts   US Election 2012
Thu Aug 23, 2012 @ 02:59
15 1412
New posts   US Election 2012
Mon Jul 16, 2012 @ 04:42
97 5845
New posts   Politics
Mon Jul 06, 2009 @ 04:14
1 574
New posts   US Elections
Sat Oct 25, 2008 @ 01:00
30 2104
New posts   Jokes & Humor
Wed Jun 14, 2006 @ 10:35
8 473