Sports

Up There Cazaly

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...146 147 148 · >>
last_wave_of_summer On May 06, 2023

Canberra, Australia
#61New Post! Apr 12, 2014 @ 14:22:55
Big issues for Richmond, no forward apart from Riewoldt, midfield falls away pretty quickly outside of Cotchin. This isn't a team of kids any more, this is a team where most of their 22 should be peaking and yet it isn't happening.
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#62New Post! Apr 14, 2014 @ 17:46:34
what a genuine blockbuster Monday for Geelong v Hawthorn...should be a cracker

Canberra, Australia
#63New Post! Apr 15, 2014 @ 11:36:22
2 of only 3 sides I rate as flag chances, and they always have great contests. How good have Geelong been too stay up for so long? Even when Mooney, Corey, Ling, Harley, Scarlett, Milburn and Ablett left they've stayed up there, take those players out of any other side and they'll slide.

Canberra, Australia
#64New Post! Apr 16, 2014 @ 14:39:42
Looks like a Good Friday game next year is all set but who the teams will be is open. North have been pushing for it for years and feel they have every right, whereas the Bulldogs have in the last couple of years been sames saying they want in. North want to play Carlton, Bulldogs say there's no reason 2 games can't be played or why they can't play North. Will be interesting to see what happens.

From a biased stand point Bulldogs should get it but North have been asking for it for much longer so they should probably get dibs, but can't see why Dogs can't get in on it too. I'll balance my biased opinions out by pointing out ogs have in recent years asked for a blockbuster game dedicated to "Multi-culture" against a big Melbourne club, which was knocked back, then last year both Dogs and Collingwood asked for a blockbuster for raising money for the disabled, also knocked back from the AFL.

So if the AFL are fair dinkum about equalization they'd find a blockbuster for North and Dogs some how rather then bowing down to the bigger clubs and giving Carlton an extra big game when they really don't need it.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#65New Post! Apr 16, 2014 @ 22:01:36
@last_wave_of_summer Said

Looks like a Good Friday game next year is all set but who the teams will be is open. North have been pushing for it for years and feel they have every right, whereas the Bulldogs have in the last couple of years been sames saying they want in. North want to play Carlton, Bulldogs say there's no reason 2 games can't be played or why they can't play North. Will be interesting to see what happens.

From a biased stand point Bulldogs should get it but North have been asking for it for much longer so they should probably get dibs, but can't see why Dogs can't get in on it too. I'll balance my biased opinions out by pointing out ogs have in recent years asked for a blockbuster game dedicated to "Multi-culture" against a big Melbourne club, which was knocked back, then last year both Dogs and Collingwood asked for a blockbuster for raising money for the disabled, also knocked back from the AFL.

So if the AFL are fair dinkum about equalization they'd find a blockbuster for North and Dogs some how rather then bowing down to the bigger clubs and giving Carlton an extra big game when they really don't need it.

100% agree. Plus, it was North Melbourne that pioneered the whole Friday night football thing, then had it stolen from them - they deserve to be given something back. I think a Bulldogs Vs Roos game Good Friday is perfect. It would lift the profile of two struggling clubs, helping them gain long term financial support from a high revenue blockbuster game, not to mention sponsorship and fans, and the game's appeal would be massive because Good Friday is bloody boring.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#66New Post! Apr 17, 2014 @ 16:49:05
All i can say is that if (when) footy is played on Good Friday then it had better result in more money (and not less) being raised for the Royal Children’s Hospital

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#67New Post! Apr 17, 2014 @ 16:53:33

2 of only 3 sides I rate as flag chances, and they always have great contests. How good have Geelong been too stay up for so long? Even when Mooney, Corey, Ling, Harley, Scarlett, Milburn and Ablett left they've stayed up there, take those players out of any other side and they'll slide.

Geelong really have been amazing. To remain not just in finals contention but a genuine premiership chance for so many consecutive years in an era with salary caps and the national draft is very impressive. Plus they are the only Victorian team (other than Melbourne) still playing at their traditional home ground.

They have a fantastic culture and a great record in developing young kids. They also are in the habit of making tough calls to ensure that youngsters are given the chance to develop at the highest level. Maybe C.A should take some notice.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#68New Post! Apr 17, 2014 @ 22:01:59
Am I the only one who struggles now to sit through a game of football? I am rapidly losing interest in watching 36 people in a third of a football field trying to play keeping's off. I have even started watching the romcoms on other channels because they are more entertaining than the footy... either I need to get my estrogen levels checked, or, football is becoming increasingly crap.

Canberra, Australia
#69New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 03:52:49
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Am I the only one who struggles now to sit through a game of football? I am rapidly losing interest in watching 36 people in a third of a football field trying to play keeping's off. I have even started watching the romcoms on other channels because they are more entertaining than the footy... either I need to get my estrogen levels checked, or, football is becoming increasingly crap.

It doesn't hold my attention like it used to but when the Doggies are on I'm still glued to the screen. But sides like Hawks, West Coast, Geelong for me are still entertaining to watch play.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#70New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 15:17:54
i'm a LONG way from swapping the footy for romcoms (or indeed anything else). That said i sort of know what you mean. I think its a case of the difference btw the top teams and the mid to bottom teams can seem pretty stark. If the disposal is a wee bit off sides battle to work their way through the press and the result can be some pretty scrappy footy.

The umpiring isnt helping. Seems this year that holding the ball decisions are different than last season and a lot is being let go.

For me umpiring consistency is so important and the rules as they now stand are just open to too much varying interpretation. eg what constitutes prior opportunity or a reasonable effort to try and handballor kick the ball once tackled. For me i would prefer it if the whole rule was simplified and made more black and white so we get more consistent decisions. for me, if you take possession and are tackled and you fail to handball or kick the ball you should ne penalised. That's it. This would give much greater consistency and i think it would keep the game flowing better once players had a time to adjust.

I would also prefer to see now limit onthe number of interchanges but i would rather 2 on the bench and 2 subs as oppossed to 3 on the bench and one sub.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#71New Post! Apr 18, 2014 @ 15:18:28
I reckon mondays game will certainly knock the socks off any romcom!!!

Canberra, Australia
#72New Post! Apr 19, 2014 @ 01:14:20
@shadowen Said

All i can say is that if (when) footy is played on Good Friday then it had better result in more money (and not less) being raised for the Royal Children’s Hospital

I reckon done right the Hospital will get more money, give them a percentage of the gate takings, 100% of the cstering takings, auction of player jumpers worn during the game and the signed match ball etc, have players outside the gates doing the tin collections.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#73New Post! Apr 20, 2014 @ 15:34:21

I reckon done right the Hospital will get more money, give them a percentage of the gate takings, 100% of the cstering takings, auction of player jumpers worn during the game and the signed match ball etc, have players outside the gates doing the tin collections.

so if the clubs and afl were genuine about helping the Royal Children's Hospital they would be doin gthe above things already.

i know Carlton players were involved in answering phones and visiting the sick kids in the RCH...and i'm sure other clubs had players doing the same...as they should

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#74New Post! Apr 20, 2014 @ 15:36:09
Finally Carlton came to play...finally.

Top effort by the saints.

Two huge blockbusters coming up in the one week with Hawthorn v Geelong and the pies and bombers on Friday. should be 80,000 plus tomorrow and 90,000 plus on Friday. Bring it on

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#75New Post! Apr 20, 2014 @ 15:38:06
currently only 4 pts seperates 4th from 15th
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...146 147 148 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs