Undisciplined Rabble.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...19 20 21 · >>
verne On March 16, 2012

nottingham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:03:02
Yes I am referring to this site!

Why does something that is (was) intended to give a space to people with something serious to air or find an answer or share something with like-minded people always seem to attract the "hows it hanging dude?" brigade or the sarcastic with too much time on their hands and no respect for anything...

Across the big water in the UK we have a forum dedicated to home improvements and similar stuff called the diy forum. The moderator of that site takes his job very seriously

and deletes any posts that are off-topic or unrelated to the intentions of the site. He also does not allow bogus posts with links to other sites. Forums do not exist to provide free advertising!
The diy forum is a joy to use...

There is another forum dedicated to, of all unlikely things, oil lamps and pressure stoves. Surprisingly this is also a very nice site to visit because here, not only is there no idiots allowed, you get thrown off if you persistently post in the wrong place.

My question is; what are the moderators of this site doing instead of their job of policing the forums and keeping everyone on topic and keeping the "hows it hanging" brigade, the sarcastic and the frustrated comedians and assorted silly buggers out?

Those who have something to say, need a question answering or who search for like-minded people for serious discussion should be able to find what they desire on this site: instead, visiting here is a most frustrating and unrewarding experience!

I joined a couple of years ago and recently wondered why I hadn't visited for a long time - I know why now...

boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#2New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:05:48
How's it hangin' dude?

pity we don't have an avatar of a tightly clenched sphincter, as it would suit you perfectly
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:06:27
So you've come onto this site to essentially advertise another one then?

That'll go well

You know you can block forums and posters you don't like on here. This site is a place for people to talk about whatever they like (within ToS), if you don't like that then go somewhere else.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#4New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:14:50
@verne Said

Why does something that is (was) intended to give a space to people with something serious to air or find an answer or share something with like-minded people always seem to attract the "hows it hanging dude?" brigade or the sarcastic with too much time on their hands and no respect for anything...

Across the big water in the UK we have a forum dedicated to home improvements and similar stuff called the diy forum. The moderator of that site takes his job very seriously and deletes any posts that are off-topic or unrelated to the intentions of the site. He also does not allow bogus posts with links to other sites. Forums do not exist to provide free advertising!

There is another forum dedicated to, of all unlikely things, oil lamps and pressure stoves. Surprisingly this is also a very nice site to visit because here, not only is there no idiots allowed, you get thrown off if you persistently post in the wrong place.

My question is; what are the moderators of this site doing instead of their job of policing the forums and keeping everyone on topic and keeping the "hows it hanging" brigade, the sarcastic and the frustrated comedians and assorted silly buggers out?

Those who have something to say, need a question answering or who search for like-minded people for serious discussion should be able to find what they desire on this site: instead, visiting here is a most frustrating and unrewarding experience!

I joined a couple of years ago and recently wondered why I hadn't visited for a long time - I know why now...

Sorry to tell you dude, but the moderators on this site answer to their boss, not you. Apparently they are doing a good job according to the site's owner, CEO or whatever you want to call him, or else he would have revoked their privileges. Sites gain their popularity based on user experience and apparently this site is comfortable with its user experience. You aren't satisfied? Its a big internet world. You're more than free to leave
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#5New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 22:23:37
@verne Said

Across the big water in the UK we have a forum dedicated to home improvements and similar stuff called the diy forum. The moderator of that site takes his job very seriously and deletes any posts that are off-topic or unrelated to the intentions of the site. He also does not allow bogus posts with links to other sites. Forums do not exist to provide free advertising!

So now that you have our attention, what is the topic you'd like to discuss?

Just keep it within Terms of Service and try to put it in the appropriate forum, the mods hate having to move or remove things.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#6New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 23:01:38
@verne Said

And I ask you. Why would you come on a forum you so absolutely abhor and feel it's your due to bash it when you don't even have to be here..

Just quietly go back to your useful forums and let the likes of us douches get back to what we do best, asking people how it's hangin dude..
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 23:51:11
@verne Said

Yea, sometimes you might have to stress that your serious, but there are times when some of us choose not to be serious.

@boxerdc Said

How's it hangin' dude?

pity we don't have an avatar of a tightly clenched sphincter, as it would suit you perfectly

How's it going Bro?
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#8New Post! Mar 08, 2012 @ 23:57:49
Ummm... The site is sorta known for people posting random things. There's a thread called 'Post Your Mind' and it's been going on for 17 threads now.

And if you say you can't find someone to have a serious discussion with, then you probably aren't trying too hard.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#10New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:10:44
Sounds like you should go back to the DIY site. No offense meant, but you obviously prefer the structure there as opposed to the free-form here.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#11New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:11:17
This is a general forum site.

It's not a DIY site, it's not a site about oil lamps or billygoats. If it were that kind of site the moderation would be more strict. It's not, so it's not.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#12New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:12:45
@El_Tino Said

This is a general forum site.

It's not a DIY site, it's not a site about oil lamps or billygoats. If it were that kind of site the moderation would be more strict. It's not, so it's not.

Tino, you should totally make a site about billygoats! It'd be badass!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#13New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:12:58
@verne Said

Pretty funny.

Just the other day someone posted a topic on how nice and fun everyone was here.

We warned him/her!!

(evil laugh)
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#14New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:13:57
@psycoskunk Said

Tino, you should totally make a site about billygoats! It'd be badass!

I want to make one about hobos.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Mar 09, 2012 @ 00:17:10
@El_Tino Said

It's not a DIY site, it's not a site about oil lamps or billygoats.

It's not??

Wow have I been in the wrong place..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...19 20 21 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs