Politics

Uncle Joe is coming for your guns!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#31New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 10:12:50
I don't agree with the dems on gun control. I do agree in principle on their handling of the border crisis. They haven't gotten their logistics together yet.

Has it occurred to anyone what kind of desperation someone would have to feel to take their child to the border of another nation and try to get them across to save them from what's going on down there?

The cartels are running rampant, supported by their own government. The cops, troops and cartel members are armed. The common people, unarmed (guns are illegal in Mexico) are caught in the middle without a way to protect themselves.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#32New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 12:12:40
@Ratty Said

They are determined to fundamentally change the pillars of the nation.

I think judge stuffing and voter suppression will have a bigger effect.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#33New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 15:33:40
@4d4m Said

I don't agree with the dems on gun control.

Which part?

Be as specific as you can be... please.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#34New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 15:57:43
@4d4m Said

I don't agree with the dems on gun control. I do agree in principle on their handling of the border crisis. They haven't gotten their logistics together yet.

Has it occurred to anyone what kind of desperation someone would have to feel to take their child to the border of another nation and try to get them across to save them from what's going on down there?

The cartels are running rampant, supported by their own government. The cops, troops and cartel members are armed. The common people, unarmed (guns are illegal in Mexico) are caught in the middle without a way to protect themselves.

You realize the crisis at the border is caused by those coming from Central America, correct? And that Central America is not part of Mexico, correct?

And, by the way, guns are not illegal in Mexico (or Central America).
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#35New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 16:05:08
For the record everyone. I am NOT for making changes to the 2nd Amendment. It is just fine the way it is. There is zero correlation between the number of guns and gun owners to the rates of violent crime. Worldwide and domestic statistics demonstrate this. There IS, however, a definite correlation between Brady Bill - type regulation and violent crime rates, again demonstrated by statistics.

This is a no-brainer folks. This is one of the easy ones to reach compromise. This shouldn’t even be a debate. Data-backed common sense is all it takes.

4dforum.org,
#36New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 02:42:23
@Leon Said

You realize the crisis at the border is caused by those coming from Central America, correct? And that Central America is not part of Mexico, correct?

And, by the way, guns are not illegal in Mexico (or Central America).

Actually guns are illegal in Mexico, it is almost impossible for citizens to obtain weapons. SO much so that if your vehicle gets searched going into Mexico and they find a loose round you could very well end up in jail. I know this because I've crossed that border many times. There are places on the American side where you can rent a locker for any firearms you have before you visit. There is exactly One gun store in Mexico.

The situation in Mexico is one where heavily armed cartels battle it out with federal troops on a regular basis. Towns the government don't care much about end up getting taken over and run by the cartels. People, in particular women , are being murdered at an alarming rate. Women's day for the last few years has marked by violent protests . At least one Mexican General has been identified as a leader of a cartel.

The people themselves have no way to fight back Vigilantes , poorly and illegally armed are attempting to take back their towns.

Meanwhile, Mexican troops unable or unwilling to stop the cartels themselves have started going after the vigilantes because, they aren't supposed to be armed.

4dforum.org,
#37New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 02:52:06
Central American countries, assuming you mean Guatemala, Panama and Nicaragua have seen people attempting to cross the embattled country of Mexico in a bid to get to the United States and vie for refugee status.

Before Trump our nation's border policy was fairly liberal. The reason is that it's rather embarrassing when someone from Nicaragua is here to claim refugee status because they are going to be killed by the Contras for instance, a ruthless US sponsored group that operated against the Sandinistas. It was more expedient to have a less stringent border policy and let them come into the country more or less unnoticed.

With the rise of the cartels and marked violence and lawlessness on the other side of the border, Trump came up with his Wall idea.

Here's the thing, the wall isn't going to stop anyone. Increased Border Patrol presence and ICE enforcement in the country does stop immigration. The cartel members, however, don't have to worry about any of that. Cartels and their members are wealthy and have connections on both sides of the border. For them to cross is not a problem.

4dforum.org,
#38New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 02:56:42
Now that Joe is in office he has moved to take our enforcement back to a more liberal stance and I applaud it. The parents trying to smuggle their children across the border with a very real possibility of never seeing them again should make us pause. That's pretty extreme - they aren't doing it without a good cause. Things are very bad down there. The mainstream press doesn't seem to give the issues equal time.

4dforum.org,
#39New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 03:03:44
@chaski Said

Which part?

Be as specific as you can be... please.

I think our Federal gun control laws are fine the way they are. As such I do not support any of the control measures that have recently been presented by the left including limiting magazine capacities or increased back ground checks.

4dforum.org,
#40New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 03:32:09
@chaski Said

Although, assuming that the person in question is not a criminal, it wouldn't "stop" the person from buying a firearm.

It would give "him" a chance to cool down and think about what "he" is thinking about doing.

Of course if the guy person is a paranoid schizophrenic with a history of violent behavior, "he" should have been given a firearm with "his" diagnosis.

I don't think you'll ever be able to fully eliminate the possibility of someone loosing their cool and shooting up a Kroger for instance. If guns were completely banned they might still be obtained illegally or he might just make an improvised explosive device or attack people with a knife .

The question really is; do we risk what we see happening south of the border occurring here in the hope of completely eliminating the danger of random acts of violence? I'd have to say definitely not.

NE, Ohio
#41New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 12:06:15
🎼

@4d4m Said

I don't think you'll ever be able to fully eliminate the possibility of someone loosing their cool and shooting up a Kroger for instance.

🎵 You can't stop them all, so don't try to stop any🎵

🎺🎸🎹

NE, Ohio
#42New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 12:29:52
@4d4m Said

I think our Federal gun control laws are fine the way they are. As such I do not support any of the control measures that have recently been presented by the left including limiting magazine capacities or increased back ground checks.

What would a responsible gun owner need a high capacity magazine for?
Or why should a responsible future gun owner be afraid of a more thorough background check?

You'd think responsible gun owners would be happy to flush out the irresponsible people that give gun owners a bad name.

Unless you think there should be no restrictions on irresponsible people.
Darkman666 On about 9 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#43New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 14:09:16
you know when they talked about gun magazines. i found out inside the gun magazine have bullets inside them. not pictures and articles in them.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#44New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 14:13:01
@4d4m Said

Actually guns are illegal in Mexico, it is almost impossible for citizens to obtain weapons. SO much so that if your vehicle gets searched going into Mexico and they find a loose round you could very well end up in jail. I know this because I've crossed that border many times. There are places on the American side where you can rent a locker for any firearms you have before you visit. There is exactly One gun store in Mexico.

The situation in Mexico is one where heavily armed cartels battle it out with federal troops on a regular basis. Towns the government don't care much about end up getting taken over and run by the cartels. People, in particular women , are being murdered at an alarming rate. Women's day for the last few years has marked by violent protests . At least one Mexican General has been identified as a leader of a cartel.

The people themselves have no way to fight back Vigilantes , poorly and illegally armed are attempting to take back their towns.

Meanwhile, Mexican troops unable or unwilling to stop the cartels themselves have started going after the vigilantes because, they aren't supposed to be armed.

Transportation of guns into Mexico is illegal. Purchasing and owning guns in Mexico is not.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#45New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 16:30:36
@4d4m Said

I don't think you'll ever be able to fully eliminate the possibility of someone loosing their cool and shooting up a Kroger for instance.

One could not fully eliminate any human behavior (unless "you" killed all humans).

@4d4m Said

If guns were completely banned they might still be obtained illegally or he might just make an improvised explosive device or attack people with a

Very few politicians, incuding Democrats, want to "completely ban" firearms. There are a few... a very few.

@4d4m Said

The question really is; do we risk what we see happening south of the border occurring here in the hope of completely eliminating the danger of random acts of violence? I'd have to say definitely not.

What is happening south of the border?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs