Politics

Uncle Joe is coming for your guns!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#16New Post! Mar 21, 2021 @ 23:44:42
Uncle Joe can get my guns when he peels them from my cold dead hands.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#17New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 00:22:22
Look.

Joe Biden is not going to take your guns, nor is he going to ask anybody to, nor does he want to. Nor does Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, or any leader in the Democratic Party. If you think they are, then you have been hoodwinked by the right wing propaganda machine into thinking they are because they want your votes. Congrats, you are as gullible as they come. I’d like to introduce you to the QAnon folks.

What Joe & Co. really want to happen is to simply screw shut the loopholes on legislation that already exists: The Brady Bill - the single piece of legislation that has been proven to reduce gun violence more than anything else - much more than any correlation with the number of guns owned.

The Brady Bill has to do with background checks and waiting periods. There are loopholes, such as private purchases and gun shows, that are exploited and need to be closed. Also, better qualifying is needed in these background checks to be sure they are not in the hands of criminals, those with a history of violence, including domestic violence, and the mentally unstable.

And, remember, this all has to do with future sales and exchanges. Nowhere in the bill or any proposed bill is a measure to confiscate guns that have already been bought or obtained, even those that previously took advantage of such loopholes.

As far as bans, the only bans being talked about (and which, by the way, isn’t on any currently proposed legislation) is on firearms that can fire many multiple rounds within seconds. These serve no purpose but to kill many people in a quick timespan. We already outlaw bombs and machine guns and this really isn’t any different. They are not needed for self defense, and are not needed for hunting. Their purpose is for those who want to go into a crowd of people or a school and create mass bloodshed. While violent crime has been steadily declining since the early 1990s, when the Brady Bill was passed, the number of mass shootings has increased.

So you still get to keep your guns. The 2nd amendment isn’t under any threat and will remain. Biden has zero intention of changing it.

All common sense. At least to those who don’t buy into the mass hysteria created by the right.

So Cal, California
#18New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 00:43:12
Democrats would love nothing more than to pull your guns. To say otherwise is simple naivety.

I'm not a right winger, I'm not a gun owner but it's there, they want to 0utlaw guns from people. That is the long game,and to say otherwise is just simple naivety as i said.

It really is so, again, not a gun guy but I see patterns and the writing is on the wall.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 00:49:48
@Ratty Said

I'm not a right winger, I'm not a gun owner but it's there, they want to 0utlaw guns from people. That is the long game,and to say otherwise is just simple naivety as i said.

That would be a pretty long game to get rid of everybody's guns.

It would be easier to keep people from voting, or getting an abortion.

So Cal, California
#20New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 01:01:28
@mrmhead Said

That would be a pretty long game to get rid of everybody's guns.

It would be easier to keep people from voting, or getting an abortion.

The dems are fixated on the long game. They are much more organized than the repugs.

They are determined to fundamentally change the pillars of the nation.

They want big government and they aren't f***ing around.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#21New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 01:05:39
@Ratty Said

Democrats would love nothing more than to pull your guns. To say otherwise is simple naivety.

Incorrect.

Please show me a quote from any Democratic leader in DC (Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Schumer, etc) that backs up your claim.

Thank you.

So Cal, California
#22New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 01:10:10
They aren't stupid enough to outright say it, but it's there.

Again, not a gun guy, don't own them, but again, I see the writing on the wall, it's a coming, every thing the dems do chips away at 2A rights.

Come on and have the intellectual honesty to admit this.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#23New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 01:19:43
@Ratty Said

They aren't stupid enough to outright say it, but it's there.

Again, not a gun guy, don't own them, but again, I see the writing on the wall, it's a coming, every thing the dems do chips away at 2A rights.

Come on and have the intellectual honesty to admit this.

So you feel something. I see.

I feel something from this:

Joe Biden on gun reform.

Nancy Pelosi on gun reform.

Chuck Schumer on gun reform.

House passed Bill HR 8

House passed Bill HR 1112

Show me anywhere in these that even remotely hints at any planned changes to the 2nd amendment.

So Cal, California
#24New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 01:26:17
@Leon Said

So you “feel” something. I see.

I “feel” something from this:

Joe Biden on gun reform

Nancy Pelosi on gun reform.

Chuck Schumer on gun control

House passed Bill HR 8

House passed Bill HR 1112

Show me anywhere in these that remotely discusses any changes to the 2nd amendment.

The political left wants to take away ypur guns. I don't care how many left leaning website articles you post, it doesnt mean f*** all. It's happening and again, if you dont have the intellucual honesty to admit that there may be some merit here. Then im d9nhe talking about it.

You have your views and I have mine.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#25New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 01:39:32
@Ratty Said

The political left wants to take away ypur guns. I don't care how many left leaning website articles you post, it doesnt mean f*** all. It's happening and again, if you dont have the intellucual honesty to admit that there may be some merit here. Then im d9nhe talking about it.

You have your views and I have mine.

Those links were not “left leaning website articles”. They are direct statements from the leaders themselves and the last two were simply the actual texts of the bills.

Sorry I don’t sense the same thing you do from them. Blame on on the circles we are in.

If you want “intellectual honesty”, then the thing to do is to bring up evidence and debate the facts. Otherwise there is nothing intellectual about it. Only what we “feel”. Which is BS. Anyone can feel anything about anything depending on who they choose to listen to.

Questions:

Are you for closing the gun show/private sale loophole in background checks?

Are you for more stringent background checks on criminals, those with a history violence, and/or the mentally unstable?

Are you for the ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines?

So Cal, California
#26New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 01:41:04
@Leon Said

Those links were not “left leaning website articles”. They are direct statements from the leaders themselves and the last two were simply the actual texts of the bills.

Sorry I don’t sense the same thing you do from them. Blame on on the circles we are in.

If you want “intellectual honesty”, then the thing to do is to bring up evidence and debate the facts. Otherwise there is nothing intellectual about it. Only what we “feel”. Which is BS. Anyone can feel anything about anything depending on who they choose to listen to.

Questions:

Are you for closing the gun show/private sale loophole in background checks?

Are you for more stringent background checks on criminals, those with a history violence, and/or the mentally unstable?

Are you for the ban on assault weapons and high capacity magazines?

Whatever dude.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#27New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 02:04:40
@Ratty Said

Whatever dude.

Well that was disappointing.

Especially coming from someone expecting “intellectual honestly”.

Won’t even address the questions directly brought up, instead “sensing” something unrelated, unsaid.

Why bother with ANY legislation then?

So Cal, California
#28New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 02:07:04
@Leon Said

Well that was disappointing.

Especially coming from someone expecting “intellectual honestly”.

Won’t even address the questions directly brought up, instead “sensing” something unrelated, unsaid.

Why bother with ANY legislation then?

Whatever dude.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#29New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 02:45:11
Gun restrictions in Mexico are the main reason we have a border crisis right now.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#30New Post! Mar 22, 2021 @ 03:44:58
@Ratty Said
Responsible gun owners of course.

Ah, didn’t see this earlier.

Glad you agree with the Dem leaders and their legislation then. Because that’s all it proposes, if you ever do bother to read what they have to say or the actual bills and educate yourself: They propose keeping guns out of the hands of those irresponsible, via tighter background checks, and those who intend to use them irresponsibly, via an extension of the ban on weapons and high capacity magazines that have no purpose other than irresponsibility or war.

Notice, too, that I don’t presume that your belief in this suggests a belief in taking guns out of the hands of everyone. Yet you presume this of the Dems, even though they believe in the same thing you do on this and have only stated as such and passed legislation as such.

So, again, I ask where the presumption comes from. How about answering it rather than running away and playing childish games?

Your behavior exemplifies why nothing ever gets resolved in DC these days.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs