Politics

USA needs to support Georgia.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
kangthemad On April 25, 2013
TFS Man of Mystery

#1New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 19:38:04
South Ossietta is internationally recognized Georgian territory. Russia invaded it. Georgia pleads with the Ruskies to stop beatin g the tar out of them. Georgia helped us in Iraq. We are pulling out of Iraq. We should station troops in Georgia. Russia realizes we like Georgia. We kicked Russia's a** last time we fought. Without us Georgian troops will have to use gurilla tactics. Atillery quick air strikes. No front line combat.
Vizzy On February 20, 2012

, Florida
#2New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 19:39:52
I was under the impression that Ossietta was neither a part of Georgia nor Russia and wished to remain so.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

nottingham, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 19:43:56
@kangthemad Said
South Ossietta is internationally recognized Georgian territory. Russia invaded it. Georgia pleads with the Ruskies to stop beatin g the tar out of them. Georgia helped us in Iraq. We are pulling out of Iraq. We should station troops in Georgia. Russia realizes we like Georgia. We kicked Russia's a** last time we fought. Without us Georgian troops will have to use gurilla tactics. Atillery quick air strikes. No front line combat.

Russia isn't iraq..it's army is a mighty force. That's one path the American government is not in a rush to go down. Not to say it wont eventualy if it feels neccessary. From what I understand this could have huge ramifications for the Us and elsewhere if the Russians take over that land, it's sitting on a major oil pipeline and also gives Russia a much stronger foot hold. Russia has been spoiling for a fight for a long time now..thats why tey have gone in with all guns blazing.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

#4New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 19:45:52
@vizzy Said
I was under the impression that Ossietta was neither a part of Georgia nor Russia and wished to remain so.

It was part of Georgia then they broke for independence in the ninties. They established their own government but the Georgian government refused to acknowledge it. In the time between then and now Russia has been supporting Ossieta, giving them Russian Passports etc.
Danger_Mouse On June 29, 2017

Christchurch, New Zealand
#5New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 19:45:55
@kangthemad Said

As far as I am aware Ossietta hasn't belonged to either nation since the end of the war in 1992.

Russia had forces there as peace-keepers and Georgia took the initiative and attacked to claim ground back.

I think taking either side would be crazy and ultimately extend the fighting leading to more loss of life. It is the UN's responsibility to act as a mediator so no more lives are lost.
knighthawk666 On August 22, 2014

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
#6New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 19:48:06
it is going to messy if they don't stop.
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

#7New Post! Aug 11, 2008 @ 20:56:21
I just read that George Bush is gonna make a speech tonight..should be interesting
kayxx On August 13, 2008

Deleted

#8New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 09:56:27
According to the BBC Russia has ended the fighting, saying it has restored peace...
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#9New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 10:35:00
Well, one thing we know about America is, they are the true evil empire, and never act in the best interest of anyone other than Americans. The only reason they give a crap about Georgia is because of the oil pipe-line.

As far as this situation goes, the Sth Osetians should not be forced to remain a part of a country they have no historic link to. Instead, they should be allowed to join their own people. What the US needs to do is stop acting like thugs in the international arena - piss off out of Iraq, Afghanistan, leave Iran alone, stop bullying and intimidating countries in Latin and Central America, and start looking after their own poor and huddled masses, rather than inflict misery on others.

Cheers btf
jistolme On May 31, 2010

nowhere land, New York
#10New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 11:00:55
If USA is so bad and only cares about themselves then maybe we'll soon kick out all the immigrants that we support and start helping just our own. Wow wouldn't that be a wild concept, help your own 1st.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#11New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 11:07:08
Turn up the volume, I can't hear you!
jistolme On May 31, 2010

nowhere land, New York
#12New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 11:08:25
sorry to early here
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#13New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 12:07:19
@jistolme Said
If USA is so bad and only cares about themselves then maybe we'll soon kick out all the immigrants that we support and start helping just our own. Wow wouldn't that be a wild concept, help your own 1st.

I assume you are a native American Indian then? I can understand why you want to kick out the immigrants - hell, I would too. It would solve a lot of your problems...
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#14New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 13:45:05
@bob_the_fisherman Said
I assume you are a native American Indian then? I can understand why you want to kick out the immigrants - hell, I would too. It would solve a lot of your problems...

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! What have you got, a bag over your head? Aborigines and Australia....
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#15New Post! Aug 12, 2008 @ 14:09:58
Hi saeg...

Err, I am almost certainly part Aboriginal (hard to find out cos my family are racist bastards, which is why I have little to do with most of them). My last name aint common, and a large number of them are Aboriginal, and, to see me, there is a definite hint of Aboriginal in me. Also, I am completely in favour of Aboriginal land rights - supported Mabo etc, and think the way we treated the Aboriginals is f***ing disgusting. I have had many Aboriginal friends over the years, and certainly respect their culture.

I get pissed though when white people in Australia/America or New Zealand start saying we need to kick out the immigrants - generally, they are the same people that will call the natives "Abos" etc., and stereotype them as lazy scum, without seeing the hypocrisy of their stance. that is all I was alluding to, I was not saying America is alone in treating indigenous people like s*** - it is a tradition in white society to treat non-white people with contempt.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs