US government shutdown may lead to Obama landslide victory

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 17:27:11
Quote:
For all the high political drama and rhetoric, the actual impact of a shutdown would not be great for ordinary Americans.

This time round the outcome of a shutdown could be different for Republicans. Public anger about the debt and deficit is much deeper than it was 15 years ago,

Democrats meanwhile are putting their faith in another president with exceptional communication skills carrying the day.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-politics/8435588/US-government-shutdown-may-lead-to-Obama-landslide-victory.html

I realise that Obama and the democrats have been 'victimized' by the republicans and teabaggers ( ) . But I sure hope that he isn't thinking that because it worked out for another in the past that it will work again .
I hope he has more pride in his country then to do something that underhanded .
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#2New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 17:34:01
Exactly what underhanded thing is he doing?

Do you mean vetoing the bill presented to him to keep the military running, that also just happens to have a couple of little bits of pork in it like cutting all funding for the EPA and planned parenthood, and not allowing the District of Columbia to use it's OWN money (not federal funds) to fund abortions?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 17:43:10
"For all the high political drama and rhetoric, the actual impact of a shutdown would not be great for ordinary Americans."

I guess hundreds of thousands of federal government employees are not "ordinary Americans."
wirelessguru1 On November 01, 2018

Somewhere in, California
#4New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 17:48:47
Shut the damn thing down!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 17:56:23
what does Alex Syphilis know anyways?
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 18:00:30
@jonnythan Said

"For all the high political drama and rhetoric, the actual impact of a shutdown would not be great for ordinary Americans."

I guess hundreds of thousands of federal government employees are not "ordinary Americans."

Of course they are. Why would you guess that?
A shutdown would not be great ...
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#7New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 18:20:43
@white_swan53 Said

Of course they are. Why would you guess that?
A shutdown would not be great ...

... Did you read what I quoted? The article implied that federal government employees are not ordinary americans.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#8New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 19:30:58
@jonnythan Said

... Did you read what I quoted? The article implied that federal government employees are not ordinary americans.

Employees of government contractors aren't either. Also, members of the military.
JuanSmith On September 11, 2020
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

Near Eucalyptus Trees, Califor
#9New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 20:53:08
So this to me.. really reeks of trying to push an agenda. I know I"m late as f*** putting my two cents in.. but seriously? all this s*** over silly things to include planned parenthood?

Somewhere in, California
#10New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 20:59:30
@JuanSmith Said

So this to me.. really reeks of trying to push an agenda. I know I"m late as f*** putting my two cents in.. but seriously? all this s*** over silly things to include planned parenthood?

Come on, that's just their frontline position to the mass media!

Please note however that the bipolar disorder (extremism) runs way deep within the US Gov't (and other Gov'ts) these days, so no wonder that they're having such an hard time keeping themselves functional and operational...

IMHO it is simply impossible to continue to sustain the exponential accumulation of the overall debt load for too much longer now...
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#11New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 21:11:18
@wirelessguru1 Said

Come on, that's just their frontline position to the mass media!

Please note however that the bipolar disorder (extremism) runs way deep within the US Gov't (and other Gov'ts) these days, so no wonder that they're having such an hard time keeping themselves functional and operational...

IMHO it is simply impossible to continue to sustain the exponential accumulation of the overall debt load for too much longer now...

I just think it's retarded that the hold up will affect so many very directly right away.

and I am aware of this being the 'frontline' but I see this as a breach of contract when it comes to the troops not being paid for their work ... yes yes.. they tell us that there will be backpay and what not.. I'll believe it when I see it.

and I like how the private sector has actually come through for many Sailors / Marines / other service members that bank through them.
Navy Federal Credit Union will actually pay the troops their normal wages through this ordeal..

so while many already have their LES displaying half the pay or less depending on some cases.. Navy Fed will actually make up the remainder.

Funny how the private sector is coming through yet our elected officials keep squabbling.

Makes me think about how some of these Officials have stayed in office this long.

Somewhere in, California
#12New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 21:22:18
@JuanSmith Said

I just think it's retarded that the hold up will affect so many very directly right away.

IMHO the Gov't is retarded, so no disagreement with you on that.

@JuanSmith Said

and I am aware of this being the 'frontline' but I see this as a breach of contract when it comes to the troops not being paid for their work ... yes yes.. they tell us that there will be backpay and what not.. I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, this (potential Gov't shut down!) is all a big power play by the Tea party...

They are really testing Obama now to see what they need to do for 2012...

@JuanSmith Said

and I like how the private sector has actually come through for many Sailors / Marines / other service members that bank through them.
Navy Federal Credit Union will actually pay the troops their normal wages through this ordeal..

so while many already have their LES displaying half the pay or less depending on some cases.. Navy Fed will actually make up the remainder.

Yes. I am sure that they will find a way to pay the DoD even if they shut down the Gov't.

@JuanSmith Said

Funny how the private sector is coming through yet our elected officials keep squabbling.

Makes me think about how some of these Officials have stayed in office this long.

Look, this is just a big (actually huge) power play against Obama...
Shilsh-Aash yatasay

#13New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 21:26:53
@wirelessguru1 Said

IMHO the Gov't is retarded, so no disagreement with you on that.

Well, this (potential Gov't shut down!) is all a big power play by the Tea party...

They are really testing Obama now to see what they need to do for 2012...

Yes. I am sure that they will find a way to pay the DoD even if they shut down the Gov't.

Look, this is just a big (actually huge) power play against Obama...

I agree.. this seems like a power-play.. it still upsets me nonetheless

Dunno.. we'll see if this shutdown actually goes through.

Somewhere in, California
#14New Post! Apr 08, 2011 @ 21:30:52
@JuanSmith Said

I agree.. this seems like a power-play.. it still upsets me nonetheless

Dunno.. we'll see if this shutdown actually goes through.

Yes, it is indeed a huge power play. Check this out:

https://news.yahoo.com/s/time/httpswamplandblogstimecom20110408boehnerschoicexidrssfullnationyahoo;_ylt=ApP_0qtwq3YewtPqJEhIpZKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNmMzQybjZ1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNDA4L3VzX3NwZW5kaW5nX3Nob3dkb3duBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDNQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDcmVsYXRlZA--

Also, April 11, 2011 is a huge date for the Universal Consciousness cycle, so no wonder all of this is happening on cue.
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#15New Post! Apr 09, 2011 @ 00:27:13
@wirelessguru1 Said

Yes, it is indeed a huge power play. Check this out:

https://news.yahoo.com/s/time/httpswamplandblogstimecom20110408boehnerschoicexidrssfullnationyahoo;_ylt=ApP_0qtwq3YewtPqJEhIpZKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNmMzQybjZ1BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNDA4L3VzX3NwZW5kaW5nX3Nob3dkb3duBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDNQRwdANob21lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDcmVsYXRlZA--

Also, April 11, 2011 is a huge date for the Universal Consciousness cycle, so no wonder all of this is happening on cue.

Hey, so use your cycles to predict the lottery numbers.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs