Forums:
Sports

UFC Fight Night: Fight for the Troops

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rubylights On November 30, 2021

Miami, Florida
#1New Post! Nov 29, 2008 @ 19:40:00
Dana White, the president of UFC has decided to host a special free live event to raise money for our troops https://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=1808.

Now, the UFC, has been a central point of contoversy for a number of years due to its violent nature and graphic content. Some people disagree with this fund-raising event because they say our troops deserve better than the 'barbaric fights' presented by the UFC, Prde Fighting, and other MMA organizations.

here's a clip of a UFC fight so you can kind of get a picture of the violent nature of the sport.

Do you agree with this fund-raising event, or do you think, as some would put it, that our troops deserve better?
mma7402 On March 01, 2009

Chicago, Illinois
#2New Post! Dec 09, 2008 @ 01:07:32
I guess I might be a little biased here because I am MMA fighter but I truly believe that it will be good for the troops.

First of all the UFC and MMA in general is on the rise in popularity so more money to raise. Second, most of the troops are trained in hand to hand combat and the fighting style taught to troops is closest to MMA style. Lastly, I believe it was the UFC's decision to hold this event and any organization that wants to fund-raise for troops are welcome to.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#3New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 03:33:45
Ehhh i watch about an hour of that tonight.

It was pretty good...but i kept flipping from it to hockey and well my team wasn't doing so good...and i stopped watching T.V
hoody68 On August 16, 2011

Banned

#4New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 03:41:48
I don't give a s*** if someone raises money for the troops by charging to watch a monkey scratch a cows balls! They deserve to be supported and if you do not agree moooooove over motherf***ers and show me where it itches! SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
magically_delicious On October 27, 2020

, California
#5New Post! Dec 11, 2008 @ 04:05:55
I totally agree with this as a fundraiser, especially because most of the armed forces watch UFC fighting and would be more than honored to receive a donation from them.
percept On August 12, 2009

Mumbai, India
#6New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 12:02:24
hi there,
I don't agree with such kind of fund raising event. Even the troops from army force won't be happy to get donations from such event where the wrestlers damage themselves physically to obtain charity funds. There are many other ways to raise fund. With the association of media and entertainment companies other kind of events can be made. If i would be the one to raise funds, then i would organize an event where UFC wrestler do competition in their exercises. or the activities performed in Roller Jam program in AXN.

Regards
Percept
https://www.perceptholdings.com
tardcore On May 24, 2010

Deleted

Between a rock and another roc
#7New Post! Dec 17, 2008 @ 12:17:06
Most of the fighters who competed in that event are veterans.

One thing I think they should have done was to broadcast the event on Pay-Per-View instead of cable TV and donate a portion of the gate and TV buys to the charity. That way, a whole lot more than 30,000 dollars could have been donated since UFC regularly draws Pay-Per-View buy rates by the millions.

Awesome video BTW. If you want to see even more examples MMA violence, look for a video of The Ultimate Finale 4 when Scott Smith knocked out Pete Sell after being doubled over by a hard body shot, and the last EliteXC event when my boy Benji Radach violently knocked out Ninja Rua, and when BJ Penn drew buckets of blood out of Joe Stevenson at UFC 80.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs