Forums:
Politics

U.S. flag dishonored

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...17 18 19 · >>
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#1New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:09:59
An elementary school in Colorado has come under criticism after they lowered the American flag and elevated a Saudi Arabian flag.

The principal at Bauder Elementary School in Fort Collins said they did not mean to disrespect the American flag, according to a report in the Greeley Gazzette.

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/05/colorado-school-comes-under-fire-for-hanging-saudi-flag-higher-than-american/#ixzz1X6C8SfEf
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:12:47
Do all schools have American flags flying in the USA? I just couldn't imagine rocking up to school here and seeing a Union Flag flying high, think it would be desecrated every day.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#3New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:15:08
@jmo Said

Do all schools have American flags flying in the USA? I just couldn't imagine rocking up to school here and seeing a Union Flag flying high, think it would be desecrated every day.

I go to America frequently and at least in the places I have been, almost every house has American flag flying, every school I have seen in America has flag flying as well as every other business. Even the highway route I take to get to America, they have flag every so many miles on the highway, always in perfect condition too. Its rare, from what I have seen, not to see a house or business with the flag flying. And also they have a lot of yellow ribbons on business and trees for Support Our Troop message.
2nd_Evil_Head On March 24, 2015

Elmira,
#4New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:17:14
@jmo Said

Yes, I think all public schools here fly the flag. Where I went to school, not only was there one on a pole in front of the building, but there was one in every classroom as well, and we said the Pledge of Allegiance, first thing, every morning.
2nd_Evil_Head On March 24, 2015

Elmira,
#5New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:19:35
I find it sad that whoever was in charge of the flags wasn't aware of proper protocol.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#6New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:31:47
@2nd_Evil_Head Said

Yes, I think all public schools here fly the flag. Where I went to school, not only was there one on a pole in front of the building, but there was one in every classroom as well, and we said the Pledge of Allegiance, first thing, every morning.

Yep. We take our country's flag seriously.
into_the_fire On September 11, 2012

#7New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:45:12
@DorkySupergirl Said

I go to America frequently and at least in the places I have been, almost every house has American flag flying, every school I have seen in America has flag flying as well as every other business. Even the highway route I take to get to America, they have flag every so many miles on the highway, always in perfect condition too. Its rare, from what I have seen, not to see a house or business with the flag flying. And also they have a lot of yellow ribbons on business and trees for Support Our Troop message.

Not so in the neighborhood my dad lives in. You'll see 10x more mexican flags than American.
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:48:16
@DorkySupergirl Said

All sounds very insecure...
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#9New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:50:20
@into_the_fire Said

Not so in the neighborhood my dad lives in. You'll see 10x more mexican flags than American.

Yes, my town has a growing Mex presence too. They fly mex flags, wear it on T-shirts, etc. We have quite a few Asians now too. Don't see that from them though. They seem to keep a low profile.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#10New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:50:34
@jmo Said

There is one in the front of the school. In every classroom, by the sports fields and in some cases, tiny little flags on the mirrors of the school buses.
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#11New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:51:49
@davii Said

All sounds very insecure...

Odd that you should confuse PRIDE with INSECURITY.
Many Americans are proud of their nation and fly flags at their homes to display that pride.
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#12New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:53:42
@Pcptrvanion Said

Odd that you should confuse PRIDE with INSECURITY.
Many Americans are proud of their nation and fly flags at their homes to display that pride.

I've not confused anything.

Put in the context it was, makes it sound like one huge insecurity.
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#13New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 17:59:26
@davii Said

The context was a news story of a school that violated protycols and disrespected the American flag.

Most Americans (not all) are very proud of their flag and take such slights seriously.

Insecurity is not the problem
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#14New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 18:00:21
@davii Said

Naw. You are confused.
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 18:02:50
@Pcptrvanion Said

The context was a news story of a school that violated protycols and disrespected the American flag.

Most Americans (not all) are very proud of their flag and take such slights seriously.

Insecurity is not the problem

@hoppy Said

Naw. You are confused.

I was referencing what Dorky had posted, which just screams insecurity.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...17 18 19 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs