The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Two 18 year-olds Arrested For Consensual Contact With Underage Teens

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...53 54 55 · >>
Should the 18 year-olds have been arrested and charged with lewd battery?
Yes
No
View Results
GolfWidow On May 05, 2010

Banned

At My Computer, Florida
#1New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 14:56:16
Story Link

Technically, the arrests and charges are within the law, but was the sheriff's department overzealous? Pressured by the parent's of the underage girls?

Blog as to the story - Link

The girls consented to sexual assault exams at the hospital.

From the blog:

"In other words, what were the RN, the doctor, and cops looking for from the sexual assault kit samples? Fingerprints? What was the evidentiary value? Why does the law require a kit for lewd battery?"
Barbarella On April 11, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 14:58:07
@GolfWidow Said

Story Link

Technically, the arrests and charges are within the law, but was the sheriff's department overzealous? Pressured by the parent's of the underage girls?

Blog as to the story - Link

The girls consented to sexual assault exams at the hospital.

From the blog:

"In other words, what were the RN, the doctor, and cops looking for from the sexual assault kit samples? Fingerprints? What was the evidentiary value? Why does the law require a kit for lewd battery?"

This is absurd - society has finally gone insane!
young_nick On December 11, 2010
The Dude

Auckland, New Zealand
#3New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 15:14:34
Argh. My post f***ed up. Uhh. Yeah.

If I were 18, I'd not be going for 14 and 15 year old girls.. that does seem a bit young, and somehow wrong.

But no way does it warrant something like that.
eyeonyou On January 22, 2016

Banned

, Florida
#4New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 15:30:29
I have mixed emotions on this. It can be looked at from both sides and I understand both sides.

1. The law is the law.

2. It was consensual between the kids and the girls parents knew. So they were all fine with it. Edit The story has changed from the original story, so I must add this. The parents knew, but then demanded prosecution. That changes things.
Quote:
"We didn't choose the conduct. We didn't write the laws," Judd said. "The (girls') parents were very adamant and wanted prosecution."

Judd said both girls' parents had known about the double-date in advance."

https://www.theledger.com/article/20100408/NEWS/4085052/1410?Title=Judd-Age-of-Consent-Left-No-Choice-in-Teen-Arrests

I guess to break it down, some of the worst cases of abuse between someone and a child, it was consensual after a while. Kids get duped, brainwashed whatever. Now did that happen in this case, no it didn't. But it does a lot.

But where do you draw the legal line? The legal answer is what it is. It says it is wrong.

It is a debate that really has no right moral answer in my opinion. Because if everyone knows and everyone is happy, it's NOT truly wrong. Still there has to be a law to protect the young in today's society.

So how would you write the law? (This is a question for all)
Pussy_Kat On November 24, 2010

Banned

, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 15:43:00
@eyeonyou Said

I have mixed emotions on this. It can be looked at from both sides and I understand both sides.

1. The law is the law.

2. It was consensual between the kids and the girls parents knew. So they were all fine with it. Edit The story has changed from the original story, so I must add this. The parents knew, but then demanded prosecution. That changes things.

I guess to break it down, some of the worst cases of abuse between someone and a child, it was consensual after a while. Kids get duped, brainwashed whatever. Now did that happen in this case, no it didn't. But it does a lot.

But where do you draw the legal line? The legal answer is what it is. It says it is wrong.

It is a debate that really has no right moral answer in my opinion. Because if everyone knows and everyone is happy, it's NOT truly wrong. Still there has to be a law to protect the young in today's society.

So how would you write the law? (This is a question for all)

I'm 13, so this is kinda an important issue for me lol.

I think each case should be looked at on it's merits, not subject to a blanket rule. After all, most teen sex goes on unnoticed by anyone, so what's the difference? Also - many girls even under 13 get pregnant - and they don't prosecute the fathers of those kids if they are over 18, so it all seems a bit silly and hypocritical to me.
eyeonyou On January 22, 2016

Banned

, Florida
#6New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 15:51:47
A long time ago, things could be looked at on it's own merits. I wish it still could be. But they can't because of the mass of humanity we have. That is why laws are made. Yes too many it seems and in my opinion.

My question is if the parents knew about the date, why did they allow them to go?

I know you cannot stop love, if that's what they had/have. But the parents did know and did allow them to go. What did they expect? Should they then be charged with contrbuting to this?

Since you are so young I can understand how large of an issue this is for you. All I can tell you, is do what is right. NOT what feels right, but what is right in whatever you do.

Banned

, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 16:01:06
@eyeonyou Said

A long time ago, things could be looked at on it's own merits. I wish it still could be. But they can't because of the mass of humanity we have. That is why laws are made. Yes too many it seems and in my opinion.

My question is if the parents knew about the date, why did they allow them to go?

I know you cannot stop love, if that's what they had/have. But the parents did know and did allow them to go. What did they expect? Should they then be charged with contrbuting to this?

Since you are so young I can understand how large of an issue this is for you. All I can tell you, is do what is right. NOT what feels right, but what is right in whatever you do.

Yeah - it's kinda unfair to blame parents though, coz many parents won't want to be seen to be like they are heavy handed. And the age gap from 13/18 isn't that big - my biological parents are further apart than that and met when my mum was only 12 lol. Plus lots of girls prefer older boys as boyfriends - they are usually more mature than the boys our own age. I think the law ought to ease up a bit and realise that it should only really be used if it's not consensual.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#8New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 16:08:39
It's pretty simple:

Don't f*** underage girls.

Isn't that easy?

Banned

, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 16:11:05
@jonnythan Said

It's pretty simple:

Don't f*** underage girls.

Isn't that easy?

No - not from our point of view it isn't, lol. That cuts out a lot of teen relationships. It's the law that needs to be altered, not behaviour, coz it is out of line with how we feel as girls and what really goes on. It makes people feel like criminals for something that most of the time doesn't hurt anyone.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#10New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 16:24:16
@Pussy_Kat Said

Yeah - it's kinda unfair to blame parents though, coz many parents won't want to be seen to be like they are heavy handed. And the age gap from 13/18 isn't that big - my biological parents are further apart than that and met when my mum was only 12 lol. Plus lots of girls prefer older boys as boyfriends - they are usually more mature than the boys our own age. I think the law ought to ease up a bit and realise that it should only really be used if it's not consensual.

I so disagree with this... If I had a 13 year old daughter and an 18 year old guy was... um... banging her, I would rip his balls off and stuff them down his throat...

Banned

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 16:26:51
@bob_the_fisherman Said

I so disagree with this... If I had a 13 year old daughter and an 18 year old guy was... um... banging her, I would rip his balls off and stuff them down his throat...

That's coz you're a dad lol - would you do that even if you knew full well she liked him?
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#12New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 16:29:40
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Agreed. The age gap from 23 to 28 may not be that large but at 13 these girls have barely had time to come to grips with all that new hormonal crap and the new emotional level that goes with it. It's not as bad if two peers want to have sex at that age; they're both on level playing fields. But the ammount of maturing a person does between 13 and 18 is huge; it makes the age different incredibley significant.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#13New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 16:30:30
@Pussy_Kat Said

No - not from our point of view it isn't, lol. That cuts out a lot of teen relationships. It's the law that needs to be altered, not behaviour, coz it is out of line with how we feel as girls and what really goes on. It makes people feel like criminals for something that most of the time doesn't hurt anyone.

I'm not having this argument with you again.

It was simple when I was 16, 17, 18, and 19, and it's still simple now: f***ing underage girls is illegal and will get you thrown in jail. Don't do it.

Banned

, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Apr 09, 2010 @ 16:32:19
@chisa96 Said

Agreed. The age gap from 23 to 28 may not be that large but at 13 these girls have barely had time to come to grips with all that new hormonal crap and the new emotional level that goes with it. It's not as bad if two peers want to have sex at that age; they're both on level playing fields. But the ammount of maturing a person does between 13 and 18 is huge; it makes the age different incredibley significant.

Actually, that's not quite right - the boys our own age are way behind us in terms of development, and we find them a bit too 'kid like' for us, lol. Boys do all the puberty stuff after we do usually.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...53 54 55 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs