Trump

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...584 585 586 587 588 ...614 615 616 · >>
adrinachrome On April 04, 2023

Fukitall, Arizona
#8776New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:32:59
@chaski Said

So you don't think our country should even try to be untied.

Then if you're not telling me what to think you're straw manning me. Or you don't know the difference between reuniting and uniting?
chaski On about 5 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8777New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:38:32
@adrinachrome Said

Then if you're not telling me what to think you're straw manning me. Or you don't know the difference between reuniting and uniting?

Bull s***.

I specifically told you what I think.

Here, let me repeat it for you:

I think that ...the western states should be one country, the middle and south of the USA should be one country, the north east should be one country, the mid-Atlantic states should be one country, and South Florida (Palm Beach, Broward & Dade counties) and the Florida Keys should be like Singapore, Puerto Rico, Guam & U.S. terrorizes in the Pacific should be cut loose.

But since none of that isn't going to happen, maybe a little effort towards unity might make some sense.

Are you having English reading comprehension problems?

I am willing to change to a different language if it will help you. My preferences would be (in order): Spanish, Italian, German or French.

Fukitall, Arizona
#8778New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:39:07
@dookie Said

What is "going around" is the seeking of what can create and bring co-operation, a strengthening, a "unity" of sorts that can nevertheless, with respect, acknowledge differences. Seeking this is not "brainwashing" and the point I was trying to make was that your talking of the US always being "split" and "divided" is irrelevant. Others know history and recognise this. Nevertheless, that does not preclude seeking to heal when wounds are obvious and in fact deepening; and, in my opinion, exacerbated by the last four years of Donald Trump's presidency.

I understand. I even agree that it's needed I just disagree with using the word reunited as the vessel to get us there. Also, as a minority in america my experience of the last 4 years was pretty much the same as the previous 4 years. Covid-19 not withstanding but of course my experience is not your experience.

As an aside. How does my phone not recognize covid-19 as an actual word! Kept forcing it to say vivid.

Fukitall, Arizona
#8779New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:40:31
@chaski Said

Bull s***.

I specifically told you what I think.

Here, let me repeat it for you:

I think that ...the western states should be one country, the middle and south of the USA should be one country, the north east should be one country, the mid-Atlantic states should be one country, and South Florida (Palm Beach, Broward & Dade counties) and the Florida Keys should be like Singapore, Puerto Rico, Guam & U.S. terrorizes in the Pacific should be cut loose.

But since none of that isn't going to happen, maybe a little effort towards unity might make some sense.

Are you having English reading comprehension problems?

I am willing to change to a different language if it will help you. My preferences would be (in order): Spanish, Italian, German or French.

You left out the part i was specifically arguing against lol. I remember you being better at this

Fukitall, Arizona
#8780New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:43:07
Chaski. You legit took me saying reunite America is nonsense and made it seem like I said we shouldn't try to unite. The definition of straw man
Stalker

#8781New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:47:54
@adrinachrome Said

You left out the part i was specifically arguing against lol. I remember you being better at this

No I didn’t.

My comment was specifically about the topic of “reuniting” American.

I thought think it is nonsense, just like you. We should split up, not reunite.
Stalker

#8782New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:49:18
@adrinachrome Said

Chaski. You legit took me saying reunite America is nonsense and made it seem like I said we shouldn't try to unite. The definition of straw man

More bull s***.

You said something, and now you’re back peddling.

Fukitall, Arizona
#8783New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:50:30
@chaski Said

No I didn’t.

My comment was specifically about the topic of “reuniting” American.

I thought think it is nonsense, just like you. We should split up, not reunite.

As long as I get to live in whichever new countr gets the southwest.
Stalker

#8784New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:52:10
@adrinachrome Said

As long as I get to live in whichever new countr gets the southwest.

My “vote” is for: The United States of Pacific Shores (USPS).

Fukitall, Arizona
#8785New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:53:59
@chaski Said

More bull s***.

You said something, and now you’re back peddling.

How at all? By interpreting reunite America is nonsense which suggests a united America as me saying I'm against trying to unite You're literally straw manning. No back pedaling just a fact.

You used to be much better at making me change my mind through logic and sense instead of whatever it is you're doing now

Fukitall, Arizona
#8786New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 20:55:39
@chaski Said

My “vote” is for: The United States of Pacific Shores (USPS).

Was just having a conversation about compulsory voting. Do you think it's a breech of the first amendment. I can't decide if voting can be considered speech. Although it's definitely an expression of an opinion
Stalker

#8787New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 21:07:06
@adrinachrome Said

You're literally straw manning.

@adrinachrome Said

You used to be much better at making me change my mind through logic and sense instead of whatever it is you're doing now

But I wasn't trying to change your mind.

I was just giving you some s*** to make you feel at home since you haven't been on for a while.

Fukitall, Arizona
#8788New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 21:12:30
ahh lol. I've spent that past like 2 weeks trying to explain to people on fb and twitter that trump isnt the reason the price of gas at the pump has been so low, so much time that im just in the mindset of "stupid americans", and i took it out on you guys in tfs when i just meant to check in

im apologizing profusely for just being ready to fight!
Stalker

#8789New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 21:15:59
@adrinachrome Said

Was just having a conversation about compulsory voting. Do you think it's a breech of the first amendment. I can't decide if voting can be considered speech. Although it's definitely an expression of an opinion

I believe that voting should be compulsory.

Example: Let's say there are only two choices for President; Mr. A and Ms. B.

Every citizen of the USA must pick one of the following options:
1. Mr. A
2. Ms. B
3. I don't care/have no opinion/have no faith in the system/think it is stupid BS/etc
4. Write in candidate.

If you don't vote, you get one of the following punishments:
1. 260 hours community service, served 5 hours every Saturday for 1 year.
2. You driver's license is suspended for 1 year.
3. If you are due a tax refund you lose it.
4. If you are due to pay taxes, you must pay $1000 or 3 times the the amount due if it is more than $1000.
5. and something else I haven't determined yet.

6. If you fail to vote in 4 consecutive presidential elections, your status as a citizen of the USA for the rest of your life.

etc
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#8790New Post! Nov 10, 2020 @ 21:16:35
@adrinachrome Said

I understand. I even agree that it's needed I just disagree with using the word reunited as the vessel to get us there. Also, as a minority in america my experience of the last 4 years was pretty much the same as the previous 4 years. Covid-19 not withstanding but of course my experience is not your experience.

As an aside. How does my phone not recognize covid-19 as an actual word! Kept forcing it to say vivid.

As I live in the UK my own experience has been experiencing the gradual break-up of the United Kingdom following the Brexit Referendum Vote. Which continues with "devolution" and possibly soon, Scotland becoming an independent country. Northern Ireland? Possibly more part of the EU than the UK after a few more bombs and misery. Wales? Nice place.

Not really against self-determination myself, but I see that as beginning in our own minds and actions rather than as an aim of nation states.

As far as what your phone may or may not recognise, I have difficulty knowing how to take a call. Receiving so few I panic and usually cut people off. My daughter is well used to it and she calls us on the landline now!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...584 585 586 587 588 ...614 615 616 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs