Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...578 579 580 581 582 ...614 615 616 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#8686New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 01:53:55
@chaski Said

Not Collins. She is an empty suite.

Not Murkowski. Not as spineless as Collins, but she is up for re-election in 2022. She won't risk going agains the party line.

It seem odd (to me) that Romney is the only one with any integrity.

Well they are women, but yeah maybe we’re grasping at straws here.

Then our next line of defense would be what Senator Markey tweeted in saying “ Mitch McConnell set the precedent. No Supreme Court vacancies filled in an election year. If he violates it, when Democrats control the Senate in the next Congress, we must abolish the filibuster and expand the Supreme Court.”

Otherwise, we can say goodbye to anything a Biden presidency wants to pass.

Seriously, this is as dark as it felt November 9, 2016, and I wasn’t wrong on how I felt then.

Her body wasn’t even as cold as you are yet, Mitch.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#8687New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 02:52:51
The republicans are down with hundreds of thousands of Americans dying, just to get their way.

Jumping and cheering over RBG’s still warm body is nothing.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#8688New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 10:43:18
What is it with the USA Political "System"? Reading about RBG and hearing a bit on the BBC News, some commentator saying if the Supreme Court became more "top heavy" with "conservatives" then any attempt to liberalise American Law would be thwarted for years to come, irrespective of who won the Presidential Election, or who controlled the House of Representatives or the Senate. Is that right?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#8689New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 13:23:18
@dookie Said

What is it with the USA Political "System"? Reading about RBG and hearing a bit on the BBC News, some commentator saying if the Supreme Court became more "top heavy" with "conservatives" then any attempt to liberalise American Law would be thwarted for years to come, irrespective of who won the Presidential Election, or who controlled the House of Representatives or the Senate. Is that right?

In a way, yes. Laws and cases could be challenged through a particular process that could eventually reach the Supreme Court for them to decide.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#8690New Post! Sep 21, 2020 @ 09:09:07
He who is the real tyrant, whatever men may think, is the real slave, and is obliged to practise the greatest adulation and servility, and to be the flatterer of the vilest of mankind. He has desires which he is utterly unable to satisfy, and has more wants than any one, and is truly poor, if you know how to inspect the whole soul of him: all his life long he is beset with fear and is full of convulsions and distractions. ... Moreover ... he grows worse from having power: he becomes and is of necessity more jealous, more faithless, more unjust, more friendless, more impious, than he was at first; he is the purveyor and cherisher of every sort of vice, and the consequence is that he is supremely miserable, and that he makes everybody else as miserable as himself.

(Plato, The Republic, IX, 579B)
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#8691New Post! Sep 21, 2020 @ 18:14:12
You know Moscow b**** and trump are both rushing to fill the seat because they are scared they won’t win. Both are f***ing. Cowards.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#8692New Post! Sep 21, 2020 @ 18:18:48
Hmm. So I typed Mitch and got autocorrected.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#8693New Post! Sep 21, 2020 @ 20:19:58
@DiscordTiger Said

You know Moscow b**** and trump are both rushing to fill the seat because they are scared they won’t win. Both are f***ing. Cowards.

So who do you think it will be?

Ivanka or Milania?

I wouldn't put it past b**** ( ) to push through either of them.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#8694New Post! Sep 21, 2020 @ 22:10:27
Legit the blonde woman that thinks that husbands should rule over the wives.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#8695New Post! Sep 21, 2020 @ 22:22:37
Seriously though the push to fill smells of fear and desperation. I know what chaski and his whore mouth keeps saying. Soo... if he’s right and they pull it off, fine. Well played game. (Of thrones?)

But the costs if they lose are high. Guess we’ll find out in a month or so.

I do feel bad for students that have to remember all the s*** that happened in 2020 for their history classes. ... Race riots, the beginning of the of the plague of the century, the”greatest depression”, so much
Unless the world ends. I’m still not 100% convinced it won’t.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#8696New Post! Sep 21, 2020 @ 23:48:30
And in Virginia, Trump lovers were attempting to block "in-person" voting.

So... mail-in voting is fraudulent... in-person voting is fraudulent... and in-person voting is getting blocked.

Sure, maybe this was an isolated instance.

Trump and the GOP don't want democracy. They want money and power... about a 3rd of our country doesn't care and half the voting population would rather drink QAnon flavored kool aid so they don't have to use their brains.

And when it is all said and done, Democrats will be like a deer caught in the headlights of an 18 Wheeler... well more like the deer after it has been hit by the 18 Wheeler.
Darkman666 On about 12 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#8697New Post! Sep 21, 2020 @ 23:56:06
@chaski Said

And in Virginia, Trump lovers were attempting to block "in-person" voting.

So... mail-in voting is fraudulent... in-person voting is fraudulent... and in-person voting is getting blocked.

Sure, maybe this was an isolated instance.

Trump and the GOP don't want democracy. They want money and power... about a 3rd of our country doesn't care and half the voting population would rather drink QAnon flavored kool aid so they don't have to use their brains.

And when it is all said and done, Democrats will be like a deer caught in the headlights of an 18 Wheeler... well more like the deer after it has been hit by the 18 Wheeler.

this is how my sister got marriage to my brother-in law. a deer and my brother-in-law head stuck in her 18 wheeler at the same time.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#8698New Post! Sep 22, 2020 @ 00:03:38
Eventually the GOP will figure out the mistake they made with Trump.

I just hope that I live long enough to hear them admit their stupidity, so I can say to them, "f*** OFF YOU IGNORANT c***S".
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#8699New Post! Sep 22, 2020 @ 00:18:38
I’ll still argue the mistake came long before trump, but yes so much could have been avoided.

I didn’t always agree with the GOP, but As a student of politics, I had a lot of respect for them. That gets more and more eroded every day.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#8700New Post! Sep 22, 2020 @ 00:38:14
@DiscordTiger Said

I’ll still argue the mistake came long before trump, but yes so much could have been avoided.

I didn’t always agree with the GOP, but As a student of politics, I had a lot of respect for them. That gets more and more eroded every day.

I put the blame on Newt.

I read an article the other day that suggested that there was another GOP political strategist who is to blame (I forget the name right now)... and someone else pushed the blame even farther back in time (roughly the early 50's)...

Whatever...

For me Newt gets the blame for bing the point man... Republicans and Conservatives get the blame for drinking the kool aid.

I was a Reagan Era Republican, but as far as I'm concerned now the whole lot of them are liars... ok some are gullible nitwits... and a few just plain stupid...

They all get the
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...578 579 580 581 582 ...614 615 616 · >>

3 browsing (0 members - 3 guests)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs