@mrmhead Said

I wonder if that's how Pence swallows

There... fixed that post for you.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7083New Post! Oct 03, 2019 @ 03:31:43
So Re: Putin’s trolling reporters today, on Russian interference in elections.
It’s not the first time that joke has been made but when seen compared to when trump made it. It comes off like Putin has balls, lots of balls. Like his own and trump’s.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#7084New Post! Oct 03, 2019 @ 13:52:16
I wonder if the US president knows just how much hot water he's in. Seems like this guy just doesn't get it. It's like he thinks he'll beat this or something.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#7085New Post! Oct 03, 2019 @ 14:44:58
@gakINGKONG Said

I wonder if the US president knows just how much hot water he's in. Seems like this guy just doesn't get it. It's like he thinks he'll beat this or something.

Because he will "beat it".

There is no way the Senate is going to remove him from office...

...and it isn't certain that he will actually be impeached.

You can relax GAK... your savior will survive, and will likely be re-elected.

All your crying is for naught.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7086New Post! Oct 03, 2019 @ 17:03:44
1. Trump asked the Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.

2. Now he is saying he might ask China to do the same thing.

So, let's pretend like the Bidens did something illegal.

Even if the Bidens did something illegal, it is inappropriate for the president of the USA to reach out to the leaders of any country (in this case the Ukraine and possibly China) to request investigations.

More importantly, such a request is not needed.

Enter The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

If the Bidens, or anyone else for that matter, committed a crime (and we're talking about financial frauds here), Trump wouldn't need to contact anyone but AG Barr and/or the FBI and ask them to do their jobs... in this case conduct investigations into alleged frauds perpetrated by the Bidens in regards to international business dealings and possibly international political influence. In fact, Trump could probably have a quiet conversation with Barr, who could have handled the entire thing through official investigative channels and no one ever would have known that Trump even cared about the issue.

Both the Department of Justice and the FBI are familiar with international fraud investigations and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The odds are that both the Department of Justice and the FBI have already conducted international criminal investigation with the support, knowledge and/or assistance of the Ukraine and China (and numerous other countries for that matter).

The procedure is simple.

Admittedly the procedures vary between countries (administrative/judicial paperwork... etc), but they are, ultimately, fairly simplistic and straight forward.

For the president of the USA to make any such calls, especially on the brink of an election year, is actually both extraordinary and extraordinary stupid.

Personally I think Trump is doing this to further divide our country and test just how far he can go.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#7087New Post! Oct 03, 2019 @ 17:58:22
@chaski Said

So, let's pretend like the Bidens did something illegal.

Even if the Bidens did something illegal, it is inappropriate for the president of the USA to reach out to the leaders of any country (in this case the Ukraine and possibly China) to request investigations.

More importantly, such a request is not needed.

Enter The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.

If the Bidens, or anyone else for that matter, committed a crime (and we're talking about financial frauds here), Trump wouldn't need to contact anyone but AG Barr and/or the FBI and ask them to do their jobs... in this case conduct investigations into alleged frauds perpetrated by the Bidens in regards to international business dealings and possibly international political influence. In fact, Trump could probably have a quiet conversation with Barr, who could have handled the entire thing through official investigative channels and no one ever would have known that Trump even cared about the issue.

Both the Department of Justice and the FBI are familiar with international fraud investigations and The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. The odds are that both the Department of Justice and the FBI have already conducted international criminal investigation with the support, knowledge and/or assistance of the Ukraine and China (and numerous other countries for that matter).

The procedure is simple.

Admittedly the procedures vary between countries (administrative/judicial paperwork... etc), but they are, ultimately, fairly simplistic and straight forward.

For the president of the USA to make any such calls, especially on the brink of an election year, is actually both extraordinary and extraordinary stupid.

Personally I think Trump is doing this to further divide our country and test just how far he can go.

Yes! There are so many ways Biden could have been investigated without trump having to make extraordinarily stupid calls.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7088New Post! Oct 03, 2019 @ 18:57:26
@chaski Said

1. is correct as evidenced in the phone call transcript "I'd like you to do a favor.."

2. -from what I recently read - is Incorrect:

He said (in so many words) "Maybe China should investigate the Bidens too since what they've done in China is worse than Ukraine"

.. So that gives the lemmings a bit of wiggle room: "He didn't ASK China" (just suggested )...

.... Found it:

What the President said: Trump said that he has not asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to investigate Biden, but said “China should start an investigation into the Bidens because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine."
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7089New Post! Oct 03, 2019 @ 19:08:16
@mrmhead Said

1. is correct as evidenced in the phone call transcript "I'd like you to do a favor.."

2. -from what I recently read - is Incorrect:

He said (in so many words) "Maybe China should investigate the Bidens too since what they've done in China is worse than Ukraine"

.. So that gives the lemmings a bit of wiggle room: "He didn't ASK China" (just suggested )...

.... Found it:

What the President said: Trump said that he has not asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to investigate Biden, but said “China should start an investigation into the Bidens because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine."

Yes.

Thanks for the clarification on that.

So basically Trump has sometimes directly asked foreign countries to intervene in our politics, other times subtly suggested they should, and other times asked/suggested that they should commit acts that are crimes in the USA (hacking into a political competitor's accounts)....

He's an icon of American values and democracy.

I know I'm proud of Trump, and can't wait for a Democrat version of Trump to play the same "let's destroy America" game.

NE, Ohio
#7090New Post! Oct 04, 2019 @ 00:26:13
@chaski Said

Yes.

Thanks for the clarification on that.

So basically Trump has sometimes directly asked foreign countries to intervene in our politics, other times subtly suggested they should, and other times asked/suggested that they should commit acts that are crimes in the USA (hacking into a political competitor's accounts)....

He's an icon of American values and democracy.

I know I'm proud of Trump, and can't wait for a Democrat version of Trump to play the same "let's destroy America" game.

So if either Biden has charges brought against him in China ... or maybe Russia...

Do you think Trump would extradite him/them?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7091New Post! Oct 04, 2019 @ 23:48:19
CIA's top lawyer made 'criminal referral' on complaint about Trump Ukraine call...

Experts are raising questions about why the Justice Department did not open an investigation.

NE, Ohio
#7092New Post! Oct 05, 2019 @ 01:17:19
@chaski Said

CIA's top lawyer made 'criminal referral' on complaint about Trump Ukraine call...

Experts are raising questions about why the Justice Department did not open an investigation.

Because we all know that lawyer is treasonous.

And you know what we did about treason in the good old days. When America was Great!!
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7093New Post! Oct 05, 2019 @ 04:14:04
@mrmhead Said

Because we all know that lawyer is treasonous.

And you know what we did about treason in the good old days. When America was Great!!

Send them to Siberia?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#7094New Post! Oct 05, 2019 @ 20:03:14
Sigh. It’s been a long week. Checking my news/social media apps makes me feel like life would be better if I was a bear.

I could have my arms, salmon, fruit and wouldn’t give a f*** about the latest trumpsterf***. And it’s acceptable for bear to eat an bunch and sleep though the f***ing winter.

NE, Ohio
#7095New Post! Oct 05, 2019 @ 21:09:48
@DiscordTiger Said

Sigh. It’s been a long week. Checking my news/social media apps makes me feel like life would be better if I was a bear.

I could have my arms, salmon, fruit and wouldn’t give a f*** about the latest trumpsterf***. And it’s acceptable for bear to eat an bunch and sleep though the f***ing winter.

Be careful for what you wish - or at least
Where.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...471 472 473 474 475 ...614 615 616 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs