Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...456 457 458 459 460 ...614 615 616 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6856New Post! Jul 24, 2019 @ 19:55:41
@mrmhead Said

OK Yes -
Right or wrong, I view racism as a vehement hatred.
Your definition is a little wider than mine

In the case of slave owners that felt superior, yet were kind or compassionate - or at least fair - I don't view them racist. They are just products of their society. Not sure what derogatory label I would use for them. I suppose it would come down to "Why". Cheap labor? - Opportunists. Believing they are biologically superior? - Ignorant.

I think I am superior to dogs. I own dogs, and I "love" them. Though, I don't feel I am species-ist.

If I were Jewish and I hated all Germans from the get-go because of the Holocaust - close minded and ignorant.

Hate has many faces

Back to Trump.
I think a lot of what he says is to get his base excited, who are racist, white supremacists, homophobes, xenophobes, ethno-bigots, and ... I'm sure there are some good people too.

A basket of deplorables, with a few good potatoes.

I understand where you are coming from. Thanks.

It may be my experience with racism that influences my definitions. I don’t care so much about how a person thinks or feels, but their actions (which are tangible) is what can be judged as racist.

Speech is a little bit of a grey area, as it both expresses thought and incites others. The thought expression without action should be allowed, the inciting others to action is not. Much like yelling fire in a theater.
I also think that actions that make the other, dehumanized should be addressed appropriately. So even if you are nice and kind to slave it’s still ownership and that is dehumanizing. We own animals not other people. Owning another human can be a racist act, especially if the only reason you own them is the pigment of their skin. Kindness doesn’t make it better. Or at least not enough to get over the owning.

In the case of the avoidance of persons altogether. I would actually be ok with a white person that quietly moved out of or selected a line without a black cashier, if they did so without comment or complaints. People should be free to think what they want and avoidance would not “hurt” the target of their “hate”. Where as being in a position to provide service (like an apartment managers) using your feelings (to avoid black people) to take action and deny black applicants so they can’t live in your building is a racist act. The black persons are “hurt” and there should be consequences for those actions. It doesn’t make it better to smile kindly while denying access.

Even with consequences I do think people should be given the opportunity to grow or learn. I do agree with you, especially looking back at the past, ignorance was a huge part. Tokenism is the modern equivalent of the Jefferson sitch , as saying I have a black (friend,lover) I can’t be racist- like that one sports team owner. He was down to work with them if they made him money and down to f*** the pretty women, but still recorded saying a lot of racist and hateful s***.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6857New Post! Jul 24, 2019 @ 21:35:57
To cherry-pick:

@DiscordTiger Said
People should be free to think what they want and avoidance would not “hurt” the target of their “hate”.

- So you support segregation.

JUST KIDDING! I know that is not what you were getting at

... Thanks
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6858New Post! Jul 25, 2019 @ 01:14:13
@mrmhead Said

To cherry-pick:

- So you support segregation.

JUST KIDDING! I know that is not what you were getting at

... Thanks

Well played. Lol
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#6859New Post! Jul 28, 2019 @ 13:21:12
But could you imagine being from Baltimore Maryland AND working for CNN?

Come on Mr Trump, ain't you never tried rat before? Them's good eat'n.

NE, Ohio
#6860New Post! Jul 28, 2019 @ 14:49:30
@gakINGKONG Said

But could you imagine being from Baltimore Maryland AND working for CNN?

...and emigrated from one of those s***hole countries!

NE, Ohio
#6861New Post! Jul 28, 2019 @ 14:56:46
I think the big paradigm change with Trump's presidency is wrapped in this old saying:

#1 You can please some of the people all of the time
#2 Or all of the people some of the time
#3 But you can't please all of the people all of the time.

I think, for the most part, politics in the past worked on the second line, and strove for the 3rd.

It seems over the past 10 years, line one was becoming more dominant, and now Trump and the GOP has thrown out #2 and #3, and playing to #1 only

Playing to their base supporters and not even caring about "the other side".

, Florida
#6862New Post! Jul 28, 2019 @ 15:05:42
@mrmhead Said

...and emigrated from one of those s***hole countries!

For the next month or so I get to work in a building that has earned it's reputation as "The Rat Shack" in one of the lesser developed regions.

I guarantee Baltimore has nothing on us.

NE, Ohio
#6863New Post! Jul 29, 2019 @ 16:31:31
Trump may have been on to something with his Baltimore comments:

“Kushner Companies is proud to own thousands of apartments in the Baltimore area.”

tenants of Kushner Cos properties reported mouse infestations, mould problems and maggots.

“Basically, [Mr Kushner] has been creating a race to the bottom in terms of poorly maintained properties,” she said. “He’s been very, very deeply implicated.”

Link

NE, Ohio
#6864New Post! Aug 01, 2019 @ 17:10:29
Osama bin Laden's son Hamza is (believed to be) Dead!

Thank you oh wonderful free world leader Donald 'our savior and guidepost' Trump!

I'm sure you were there to pull the trigger/plunge the knife/press the button / whatever it took - to do it, but are much too modest to tweet about it.

... Take That Obama!

, Florida
#6865New Post! Aug 03, 2019 @ 02:16:05
@mrmhead Said

Trump may have been on to something with his Baltimore comments:

“Kushner Companies is proud to own thousands of apartments in the Baltimore area.”

tenants of Kushner Cos properties reported mouse infestations, mould problems and maggots.

“Basically, [Mr Kushner] has been creating a race to the bottom in terms of poorly maintained properties,” she said. “He’s been very, very deeply implicated.”

Link

Until recently there wasn't any argument on the poor quality of life in Baltimore (some parts are probably okay)
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6866New Post! Aug 03, 2019 @ 03:38:11
@gakINGKONG Said

Until recently there wasn't any argument on the poor quality of life in Baltimore (some parts are probably okay)

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have never lived either in or near any part of Baltimore.

, Florida
#6867New Post! Aug 03, 2019 @ 06:39:10
Is the case for impeachment made? Are we in agreement on whether or not Mr. Trump is to be impeached?

Wasn’t the whole purpose of the Mueller investigation to show that Donald Trump was a traitor to his country by working with hostile forces outside the United States to cheat the election? So what is it now if they didn’t make that case about him being a traitor?

NE, Ohio
#6869New Post! Aug 03, 2019 @ 14:19:40
"We're struggling," Brandon Pearson said. "And I hope and I pray that Donald Trump can see my message and hear my voice. I'm just one of many voices crying out, saying we need help we need something and we need him here."

Brandon, have you not been paying attention?
Don't talk to CNN. Get Fox News down there and Trump will get your message!

Blackjewel bankruptcy and coal miners

"A tweet would be great," Pearson said.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...456 457 458 459 460 ...614 615 616 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs