Waverly, Washington
#3406New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:20:08
What a twist!!
Perfect slam dunk!

DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3407New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:23:29
Ssshhhhh, sometimes it is better to keep the masses guessing.
People are starting to catch on that underneath the dress (on top of
the dress?) the dress is a very sharp mind!

Look at that!
Look at that!

@chaski Said

I'm not so sure about this... and I mean I really don't know.

I've tried to do a little research with mixed results.

This weekend a NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, among other things showed a 2 way race being:

Trump 38%
Clinton 52%

And a 4 way race being:

Trump 35%
Clinton 46%
Johnson 9%
Stein 2%

If (big "if" ) that is accurate, it would appear that from a 2 way race to a 4 way race, Clinton loses 6%, while Trump loses 3%..

If that is accurate (and it might not be) a 3rd Party vote would help Trump.

Obama says backing 3rd Party candidate Is 'a Vote for Trump. But we all know that we can't trust him.

Paul Ryan is telling Republicans to vote their conscience. (I suspect that is a subtle way to tell republicans that they are not evil horrible people if they don't vote for Trump....but I could be wrong.)

And on the other hand the Guardian thinks that the "loss" would be equal: "Contrary to popular belief, third-party votes don’t just come from would-be Democratic voters – they appear to be coming equally from potential Republicans."

A writer for US News & World Report thinks that a vote for a 3rd party candidate actually ultimately helps the two major parties... in the long run. His take is, if you are a conservative and vote for a 3rd party then you help the Democrats... AND if you are a liberal and vote for a 3rd party you actually help the Republicans... Thus a 3rd party vote is ultimately a vote against yourself.... Unless of course you fully embrace that 3rd party, in which case it is just a wasted vote.

For me... I don't know who it will help, but I am convinced a "protest" 3rd party vote is a massive waste of time.

I maintain that the only way for a 3rd party to become a viable option is from the bottom up and through electing 3rd party candidates not at the presidential level, but at the legislative level state & federal.

Still, I believe that people should vote for the candidate of their choice by secret ballot.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3408New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:27:17
Timing could not of been better (or worse) regardless of
whether it was planned or is a conspiracy, or not.

Timing would of 'coincidental', of course, with all those Clinton
women that he/GNP tried to strategically place during the debate also.

@chaski Said

Christians backing away from Trump...

Among those reversing course was well-known theologian Wayne Grudem, whose endorsement was widely cited by other Christians backing the Republican presidential nominee.

The prominent evangelical magazine, Christianity Today, on Monday said Trump was "the very embodiment of what the Bible calls a fool."

James MacDonald, of Harvest Bible Church in Illinois and a member of Trump's evangelical advisory board, called the candidate's remarks "misogynistic trash." The pastor told the magazine he would no longer work with the campaign unless Trump repents.

On the other hand Jerry Falwell thinks its a conspiracy...

"I think it was timed," Falwell told WABC-AM radio in New York. "I think it might have even been a conspiracy, you know, among the establishment Republicans who've known about it for weeks and who tried to time it to do the maximum damage."

No doubt super sucky and massively evil Hillary tricked Trump in to using the "locker room talk" 11 years ago, so she could use it against him.

In 1998 Hillary also tricked Trump into saying: “Paula Jones is a loser, but the fact is that she may be responsible for bringing down a president, indirectly.” and blaming Bill Clinton's situation on his attorneys and the women he had affairs with stating that he “is really a victim himself.”

But hey, it all Hillary's fault....she sucks.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3409New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:46:25
Think you may be on to something.

It's not so hard to believe that the majority of 'true' christians
(highly conservative and maybe highly moralistic or not) are "NOT FOR" many of the things that Trump ... trumpets.

It is very, very difficult for anyone to shift and/or come to grips with changing a mindset that is (or has been) accepted for decades. Whether it is christians/politics, christians-citizens- business or land owners/slavery, or christians-citizens-businesses/LGBT issues --- it is a difficult, slow comprehending/transformation time.

But if you ever get moved by the Spirit and end up having some interanl conflict -- I know of many much more skilled then I who can/would joyously help you through that process.

***Oh, and yes, I am j/k, of course --- in case that's not clear.***

And Clinton still sucks, Clinton sucks, Clinton sucks - x500!

Trump repenting would be something to see/witness, no doubt about that, but don't think it's gonna happen - not in our lifetimes.

@chaski Said

Christians backing away from Trump...

Among those reversing course was well-known theologian Wayne Grudem, whose endorsement was widely cited by other Christians backing the Republican presidential nominee.

The prominent evangelical magazine, Christianity Today, on Monday said Trump was "the very embodiment of what the Bible calls a fool."

James MacDonald, of Harvest Bible Church in Illinois and a member of Trump's evangelical advisory board, called the candidate's remarks "misogynistic trash." The pastor told the magazine he would no longer work with the campaign unless Trump repents.

On the other hand Jerry Falwell thinks its a conspiracy...

"I think it was timed," Falwell told WABC-AM radio in New York. "I think it might have even been a conspiracy, you know, among the establishment Republicans who've known about it for weeks and who tried to time it to do the maximum damage."

No doubt super sucky and massively evil Hillary tricked Trump in to using the "locker room talk" 11 years ago, so she could use it against him.

In 1998 Hillary also tricked Trump into saying: “Paula Jones is a loser, but the fact is that she may be responsible for bringing down a president, indirectly.” and blaming Bill Clinton's situation on his attorneys and the women he had affairs with stating that he “is really a victim himself.”

But hey, it all Hillary's fault....she sucks.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3410New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 20:54:12
@DuLu Said

***Oh, and yes, I am j/k, of course --- in case that's not clear.***

"j/k"...?

@DuLu Said

But if you ever get moved by the Spirit and end up having some interanl conflict -- I know of many much more skilled then I who can/would joyously help you through that process.

Thank you. A kind offer.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3411New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 21:11:55
Yes, 'just kidding'!

I promised I wouldn't try to convert you, after all.

Or anyone else for that matter. Why would "I"?
I'm still learning, growing, studying The Word and life --
and along the way will come to informed opinions which will
continually evolve (shift - like the sands of time).

lol - you're welcome.

@chaski Said

"j/k"...?

Thank you. A kind offer.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#3412New Post! Oct 11, 2016 @ 21:15:51
@DuLu Said

Yes, 'just kidding'!

Well that was obvious. I guess my new name could be Chaski Captain Obvious.

I was so hoping it was a Christian sect (or even a cult) that I wasn't familiar with.

@DuLu Said

I promised I wouldn't try to convert you, after all.

It's OK. You could try. I understand it would be out of a good heart not some design to trick me into hell.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#3413New Post! Oct 12, 2016 @ 20:58:41
Trump encourages...reminds...people to vote on November 28.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-encourages-rally-goers-to-get-out-there-and-vote-on-november-28/
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3414New Post! Oct 12, 2016 @ 21:23:05
@chaski Said

Trump encourages...reminds...people to vote on November 28.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-encourages-rally-goers-to-get-out-there-and-vote-on-november-28/

Ya know ? I think I'll do that just for him. Yep, I'm gonna vote for Trump on November 28, 2016 !
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3415New Post! Oct 13, 2016 @ 00:28:48
Many of us have this thing called a 'Filter' between our brain and our mouth, ... or hands ...

I think Affluenza ("sniff" ) affects that filter.

Just sayin' Not that I think Donald is infected with Affluenza ("sniff" ), or his filters are poor ("sniff" ) But, you know. We haven't seen a legitimate Dr's report yet. ("sniff" ) You can't say yes or no that he suffers from Afluenza ... ( "snniiifffff")
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3416New Post! Oct 13, 2016 @ 02:01:50
Well, I'm really liking Ana Navarro. I haven't payed a lot of attention to her before but she has been spot on lately.

I'm not even sure what politics thread this really belongs in.
Probably should have been an election 2016 clusterf***ery. I guess trump fits the bill the most.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#3417New Post! Oct 13, 2016 @ 02:08:06
@DiscordTiger Said

Well, I'm really liking Ana Navarro. I haven't payed a lot of attention to her before but she has been spot on lately.

I'm not even sure what politics thread this really belongs in.
Probably should have been an election 2016 clusterf***ery. I guess trump fits the bill the most.

Ana Navarro rocks!

Apparently she is one of the few political pundits with a set of brass balls... speaking metaphorically...
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#3418New Post! Oct 13, 2016 @ 03:26:23
Hilary sucks. Hilary sucks. Hilary sucks!
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3419New Post! Oct 13, 2016 @ 04:05:05
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#3420New Post! Oct 13, 2016 @ 04:12:38
Trump must not be allowed to be president. I don't trust him as dog catcher.

Just another reason why :

https://youtu.be/vnf0hI1cDds
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...226 227 228 229 230 ...614 615 616 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs