Forums:
Politics

Trump and Sanders

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Sep 10, 2015 @ 19:12:31
Both of these candidates were dismissed early on and now they are legitimate threats to the nominations.

I think it speaks more to the fact Americans are pretty much fed up with the establishment than the real thought-out legitimacy of either as fit to run the most powerful country in the world. What Americans really want is for it to not be yet another Clinton or Bush in charge and the same old, same old in Washington for another 4 or 8 years.

This is as ripe a time as ever for any strong outsider to take hold of the constituency and make a run for it, ala Ross Perot.

We can do better than Trump, and just might if one does.
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Sep 10, 2015 @ 20:06:55
@Leon Said

Both of these candidates were dismissed early on and now they are legitimate threats to the nominations.

I think it speaks more to the fact Americans are pretty much fed up with the establishment than the real thought-out legitimacy of either as fit to run the most powerful country in the world. What Americans really want is for it to not be yet another Clinton or Bush in charge and the same old, same old in Washington for another 4 or 8 years.

This is as ripe a time as ever for any strong outsider to take hold of the constituency and make a run for it, ala Ross Perot.

We can do better than Trump, and just might if one does.

Trump and Sanders...

Trump has a strong chance with the Rep Party.

Sanders chances depend on whether or not Clinton self-destructs.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#3New Post! Sep 10, 2015 @ 20:54:00
Trump is a buffoon, but he's managed to pick up on a few things that the American public is irked about.

I don't really think he's got a real shot in the long term. He's running around and shooting his mouth off and I actually find it somewhat entertaining, him just saying stuff without all the fake political hack speak that the usual politicians say.

I don't know much about Sanders... I hear he's a hardcore lefty, don't know much more than that, I don't even know if that's an accurate assessment truth be told.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#4New Post! Sep 12, 2015 @ 05:53:35
Jimmy Carter was outside of his party. We see what he was able to get done. (the best ex-president however by far) Same thing for Trump who can't get out of the proverbial sandbox when h feels the slightest bit of criticism. Can you not imagine the nukes flying if he makes prez? Kim Jong-un? Putin? Rouhani? Your favorite usa adversary?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs