The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Trump administration ‘rolling back women’s rights by 50 years’ by changing definitions of domestic violence and sexual assault

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 20:38:26
Quote:
Donald Trump’s decision to change definitions of domestic violence and sexual assault has rolled back women’s rights by half a century, campaigners have warned.

The Trump administration quietly changed the definition of both domestic violence and sexual assault back in April but the move has only just surfaced.

The change could have significant repercussions for millions of victims of gender-based violence.

The Trump Justice Department’s definition only considers physical harm that constitutes a felony or misdemeanour to be domestic violence – meaning other forms of domestic violence such as psychological abuse, coercive control and manipulation no longer fall under the department’s definition.

link

Given Trumps history , this cant be to much of a shock.

Trump's sexual assault allegations: The full list of women who have accused the President

Quote:
The White House and Mr Trump have denied the allegations. During a 2017 press briefing, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that the West Wing's official position is that the women accusing Mr Trump of sexual assault or harassment are lying. Mr Trump has also suggested that the women who have come forward accusing him were not attractive enough for him to sexually assault them.

link

beauty pageant contestants are not attractive enough for Trump to sexually assault...
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Feb 26, 2019 @ 23:41:08
yup, this doesn't surprise me.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 00:04:02
I've been fishing around to see if any American women's rights groups are speaking out about this but I can't seem to find any right now.

Does anybody have anything they can link to for me please..?
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 00:12:33
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/11/domestic-violence-group-describes-heartbreaking-decline-in-progress-under-trump

Snip from article:

For the staffers who answer the phones at the National Domestic Violence Hotline, the past year since Trump’s inauguration has been a grim one.

Abusers are now threatening “‘I’m going to get you deported if you call the police,’ ‘I’m going to hide your papers,’ or ‘I’m not going to help get your visa now,’” said Ray-Jones. Women have seen news stories about an undocumented woman arrested at a Texas court house by immigration agents moments after a judge granted her a protective order against a partner who allegedly punched, choked, kicked, and threw a knife at her.

Increasingly, staffers at the hotline can only advise immigrant women unwilling to seek help from law enforcement to go to their local shelters. When shelters are full, which they often are, their last resort is helping the women make a safety plan: talking a desperate woman through how she and her children can survive another night, or another few nights, while staying with the man abusing her.

I'm not sure which of our countries has the worse person in the top job.

You've got a sexual predator who is utterly contemptuous of women and we've got a woman who is monumentally incompetent at her job.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 04:55:44
@Jennifer1984 Said

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/11/domestic-violence-group-describes-heartbreaking-decline-in-progress-under-trump

Snip from article:

For the staffers who answer the phones at the National Domestic Violence Hotline, the past year since Trump’s inauguration has been a grim one.

Abusers are now threatening “‘I’m going to get you deported if you call the police,’ ‘I’m going to hide your papers,’ or ‘I’m not going to help get your visa now,’” said Ray-Jones. Women have seen news stories about an undocumented woman arrested at a Texas court house by immigration agents moments after a judge granted her a protective order against a partner who allegedly punched, choked, kicked, and threw a knife at her.

Increasingly, staffers at the hotline can only advise immigrant women unwilling to seek help from law enforcement to go to their local shelters. When shelters are full, which they often are, their last resort is helping the women make a safety plan: talking a desperate woman through how she and her children can survive another night, or another few nights, while staying with the man abusing her.

I'm not sure which of our countries has the worse person in the top job.

You've got a sexual predator who is utterly contemptuous of women and we've got a woman who is monumentally incompetent at her job.

Try this,, We have a sexual predator who is utterly contemptuous of women AND he's monumentally incompetent as a president /human being.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 06:06:43
@white_swan53 Said

Try this,, We have a sexual predator who is utterly contemptuous of women AND he's monumentally incompetent as a president /human being.

I apologise for omitting the glaringly obvious.

My bad.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 12:17:00
@Jennifer1984 Said

I apologise for omitting the glaringly obvious.

My bad.

Really ? I'm afraid my post didn't come across the way I meant it to, you have no reason to apologize . I was in no way suggesting you omitted anything.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#8New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 17:47:48
@white_swan53 Said

But wait White_Swan.

Mr Trump is negotiating a deal with North Korea right now and it's still a little soon to declare him monumentally incompetent.

Could we not give the man another five years to give it a shot? Thanks.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 18:10:09
@gakINGKONG Said

But wait White_Swan.

Mr Trump is negotiating a deal with North Korea right now and it's still a little soon to declare him monumentally incompetent.

Does "NATIONAL EMERGENCY" ring a bell?

How about an MOU?

Question - are people laughing With Lighthizer or At the dumb-ass behind the desk?
chaski On about 22 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 18:20:39
@gakINGKONG Said

Or, could we just drop the whole election process and just swap presidents between the political parties every 8 years.

Let's give it a shot.

Thanks.

, Florida
#11New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 18:50:51
It's a holiday in Cambodia where the people all dress in orange.

Why? Because orange is the . . . yeah, you already know.

yes, I know the meeting is in Vietnam but the Dead Kennedy's haven't updated the song yet.

, Florida
#12New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 19:02:43
@mrmhead Said

How about an MOU?

Question - are people laughing With Lighthizer or At the dumb-ass behind the desk?

There's actually a couple of versions of this song:

then these guys did their version

I know better than to conflate the two countries (Cambodia vice Vietnam) for a gimmicky reply . . . or do I?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#13New Post! Feb 27, 2019 @ 19:42:58
@mrmhead Said

How about an MOU?

Trump is f***ing idiot and a disgrace to the nation.

n/a, New Mexico
#14New Post! Feb 28, 2019 @ 00:38:13
@gakINGKONG Said

But wait White_Swan.

Are you smoking controlled substance ?
If he has another 5 years , hell forget our nation ,the whole planet will suffer .

, Florida
#15New Post! Feb 28, 2019 @ 00:41:25
@white_swan53 Said

Are you smoking controlled substance ?
If he has another 5 years , hell forget our nation ,the whole planet will suffer .

I get drug tested several times a year for my job.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs