The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Trump Launches Tomahawk Missiles at Syria in Response to Alleged Chemical Attack

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 ...31 32 33 · >>
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#1New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 18:24:59
Syria missile strike (CNN)

Nikki Haley to UN: "We are prepared to do more. But we hope that will not be necessary." (Telegraph)

US fires 59 Tomahawk missiles at Syrian airbase (RT)

@CBC. ca Said
Trump ordered the airstrike from his Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida, where he is hosting Chinese President Xi Jinping.

Assad "launched a horrible chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians using a deadly nerve agent," Trump said in a prepared statement after the cruise missile attack became public knowledge.

"There can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the chemical weapons convention and ignored the urging of the UN Security Council," Trump said, calling it a "targeted" airstrike.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-us-cruise-missiles-hit-syria-airbase-1.4059761

It's official... Trump's going to be the death of us. He's the last sign of the Apocalypse, there's no way around it guys. We're screwed. Game over, man. Game over. f***, I knew I should've sent my socks to Trump before I left! Damnit!

But hey, as long as Trump gets to keep lounging it up at his golf resort while he okays the launching of missiles into an already war-ravaged region, that's all that matters, right? f*** me! And here I thought 2017 would be a better year.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 20:18:24
@psycoskunk Said

Syria missile strike (CNN)

Nikki Haley to UN: "We are prepared to do more. But we hope that will not be necessary." (Telegraph)

US fires 59 Tomahawk missiles at Syrian airbase (RT)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-us-cruise-missiles-hit-syria-airbase-1.4059761

It's official... Trump's going to be the death of us. He's the last sign of the Apocalypse, there's no way around it guys. We're screwed. Game over, man. Game over. f***, I knew I should've sent my socks to Trump before I left! Damnit!

But hey, as long as Trump gets to keep lounging it up at his golf resort while he okays the launching of missiles into an already war-ravaged region, that's all that matters, right? f*** me! And here I thought 2017 would be a better year.

Not real sure yet if this will lead to TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it)

Yes, holding my breath as to what (if any) retaliation will be.
Do we need to remove Assad? ... forcefully?
I've already heard the term "WMD" passed around...

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends ...
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 20:33:15
yeah, while this sucks, it is not outside the realm of what a response would be with any president. As opposed to the fear that trump would bomb someone over something stupid or an insult.

There is always the question if Trump made the right decision in the correct (procedural)way. I am on the fence with it, as it is a complicated situation, but I don't think it's an end of the world thing. It is one more issue of being the the world police and all the problems that creates.

I feel so bad for the Syrians though. It's a horrible situation and then trying to block refugees on top of it.
hopes On June 18, 2017

Crawley, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 21:19:00
it's interesting trumps appointment was allegedly influenced by Russian hackers and now this don't you think?
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#5New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 21:52:19
@hopes Said

it's interesting trumps appointment was allegedly influenced by Russian hackers and now this don't you think?

It's also interesting that there are signs he gave advance warning to Russia.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#6New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 22:19:29
@DiscordTiger Said

It's also interesting that there are signs he gave advance warning to Russia.

Didn't he diss Obama for giving advance warnings?
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 23:42:19
And now there are reports of a Russian battle ship heading towards our battleship that fired the missiles .

https://www.news.com.au/national/russian-warships-heading-to-australia/news-story/aed91e95e4fe6698d87a22ed29200677
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#8New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 00:02:01
Why did Trump warn the Russians before the airstrike? Because Russia and the USA are not at war. Killing Russians would have been stupid - true Hillary may have done it, but she was a psychopath.

Giving the Russians advance warning to get out of the way was probably better than doing something that might cause a war - I know Hillary and the rest of the elite would disagree, but who cares what they think?

Why attack Putin's ally Assad if Trump is a Russian stooge? Probably because Trump is not a Russian stooge and never has been.

I think it is sad that Trump will be attacked by the "Hystericals" (my play on the "Deplorables" ) no matter what he does. It takes our eyes off more important issues.

I would like to see the evidence that Trump launched the airstrike on. Has he been duped by the Sauds into thinking it was Assad? Where Obama did nothing in the face of a chemical weapon attack, Trump launched a limited tactical strike against an airfield. I am unsure about this act. I think the limited strike aimed at infrastructure not people was a smart response, I am just not sure the response was aimed at the right people. I want to see the evidence the strike was launched on because it is too suspicious for my liking.

The Trump team say they are not interested in regime change, and viola! instant chemical weapon attack against civilians. This is too much like Obama saying "a chemical weapon attack is crossing a line," which was immediately followed by a chemical weapon attack.

It makes no sense for Assad to have launched such an attack. At least not that I can see anyway. As always when it comes to the ME problem there is too much that is unknown. Trump may well have been duped into doing something wrong. Will have to wait and see.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#9New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 00:16:11
So.... I said it was "interesting" in the sense of "Damn it was interesting in conclusions people will make from incomplete stories and hearsay".

The internet couch warriors are out in full force today.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#10New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 00:23:01
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Why did Trump warn the Russians before the airstrike? Because Russia and the USA are not at war. Killing Russians would have been stupid - true Hillary may have done it, but she was a psychopath.

Giving the Russians advance warning to get out of the way was probably better than doing something that might cause a war - I know Hillary and the rest of the elite would disagree, but who cares what they think?

Why attack Putin's ally Assad if Trump is a Russian stooge? Probably because Trump is not a Russian stooge and never has been.

I think it is sad that Trump will be attacked by the "Hystericals" (my play on the "Deplorables" ) no matter what he does. It takes our eyes off more important issues.

I would like to see the evidence that Trump launched the airstrike on. Has he been duped by the Sauds into thinking it was Assad? Where Obama did nothing in the face of a chemical weapon attack, Trump launched a limited tactical strike against an airfield. I am unsure about this act. I think the limited strike aimed at infrastructure not people was a smart response, I am just not sure the response was aimed at the right people. I want to see the evidence the strike was launched on because it is too suspicious for my liking.

The Trump team say they are not interested in regime change, and viola! instant chemical weapon attack against civilians. This is too much like Obama saying "a chemical weapon attack is crossing a line," which was immediately followed by a chemical weapon attack.

It makes no sense for Assad to have launched such an attack. At least not that I can see anyway. As always when it comes to the ME problem there is too much that is unknown. Trump may well have been duped into doing something wrong. Will have to wait and see.

Why did Trump warn the Russians before the airstrike? Because he didn't want to piss off his butt buddy. Notice that he did not tell China, even though he was having dinner with Xi.

Hillary may have done it, but she was a psychopath. So Hilary is a psychopath for doing it but Trump is not

Why attack Putin's ally Assad if Trump is a Russian stooge? Probably because Trump is not a Russian stooge and never has been. Because Trump is trying to distance himself from Russia, for obvious reasons, and Trump is under pressure from real Republicans to act like a Republican.

I think it is sad that Trump will be attacked by the "Hystericals" (my play on the "Deplorables" ) no matter what he does. It takes our eyes off more important issues. I think it is sad that you will defend Trump no matter what he does... 1st don't bomb Syria it is not our business then bomb Syria because Assad is a bad guy

I would like to see the evidence that Trump launched the airstrike on. Now Trump is a good guy who is being "duped" by the Saudis

The Trump team say they are not interested in regime change, and viola! instant chemical weapon attack against civilians. This is exactly what Bush said...and then....

This is too much like Obama saying It is nothing like Obama

It makes no sense for Assad to have launched such an attack. Grand Conspiracy!!! Assad didn't do it!!!

Trump may well have been duped into doing something wrong. Will have to wait and see Poor Trump, the most powerful man in the world is tricked...most likely by Hillary and Obama...certainly NOT by his extreme right wing staff.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#11New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 00:29:32
@DiscordTiger Said

So.... I said it was "interesting" in the sense of "Damn it was interesting in conclusions people will make from incomplete stories and hearsay".

Clearly that is not aimed at me then. I am not drawing conclusions, I merely responded to one or two questions and asked questions of my own.

I do not support Trump on this. It is too suss for my liking, and is the kind of thing that Hillary would have done (though to be fair she probably would have tried to kill Russians as well). This is more like the kind of thing people like me hoped Trump would not do. Anyway, the point is that I am not in Trump's corner on this one. I want to see the evidence. If the Assad regime were responsible and that can be shown to be true, then, fair enough. I don't like it but I would support it. But it just makes no sense. Assad must have realised that Trump was more likely to be favourable to him than to the rebels so this act seems stupid if indeed Assad is guilty. Too much stuff is unknown but highly suspicious.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#12New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 00:34:47
@DiscordTiger Said

Who internets on their couch? You'd be all slumped forward unless you had a lap table.
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#13New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 00:36:54
@chaski Said

Why did Trump warn the Russians before the airstrike? Because he didn't want to piss off his butt buddy. Notice that he did not tell China, even though he was having dinner with Xi.

maybe because it was irrelevant. how many Chinese soldiers were at the airport?

@chaski Said
I think it is sad that Trump will be attacked by the "Hystericals" (my play on the "Deplorables" ) no matter what he does. It takes our eyes off more important issues. I think it is sad that you will defend Trump no matter what he does... 1st don't bomb Syria it is not our business then bomb Syria because Assad is a bad guy

Maybe you should reread what I wrote. I do not support Trump on this yet and may never support it. I want to see the evidence first.

It is too suss to me because it would be stupid for Assad to use chemical weapons when the USA was more favourable to him now than in the past.

@chaski Said
I would like to see the evidence that Trump launched the airstrike on. Now Trump is a good guy who is being "duped" by the Saudis

Possibly. I am not making any claim, just questioning what seemed like a stupid move from Assad and seeking an alternative explanation for it that makes some sense. The Sauds and their Sunni allies in Syria want Assad gone. Trump didn't want Assad gone.

@chaski Said
The Trump team say they are not interested in regime change, and viola! instant chemical weapon attack against civilians. This is exactly what Bush said...and then....

And yes, I loathe the Bush family.

@chaski Said
This is too much like Obama saying It is nothing like Obama

Did you bother to read the rest of that sentence? I guess not as your response is in no way relevant to the comment.

@chaski Said
Trump may well have been duped into doing something wrong. Will have to wait and see Poor Trump, the most powerful man in the world is tricked...most likely by Hillary and Obama...certainly NOT by his extreme right wing staff.

Again, we will have to wait and see.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 01:35:38
@bob_the_fisherman Said

You lost me at your first lying sentence. When someone can say that Hillary Clinton is the psychopath of the two when breathing Trump at the same time. You lost your integrity & audience.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#15New Post! Apr 08, 2017 @ 02:32:18
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Clearly that is not aimed at me then. I am not drawing conclusions, I merely responded to one or two questions and asked questions of my own.

I do not support Trump on this. It is too suss for my liking, and is the kind of thing that Hillary would have done (though to be fair she probably would have tried to kill Russians as well). This is more like the kind of thing people like me hoped Trump would not do. Anyway, the point is that I am not in Trump's corner on this one. I want to see the evidence. If the Assad regime were responsible and that can be shown to be true, then, fair enough. I don't like it but I would support it. But it just makes no sense. Assad must have realised that Trump was more likely to be favourable to him than to the rebels so this act seems stupid if indeed Assad is guilty. Too much stuff is unknown but highly suspicious.

Clearly.
Hillary is not the president, people should just get the f*** over it.
It's irrelevant and nothing but crap.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...31 32 33 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs