Trump's Wall vs Shutdown

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...6 7 8 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#16New Post! Dec 29, 2018 @ 15:45:05
Bargaining chip, blind or a*****e?

President Donald Trump issued an executive order Friday freezing federal workers' pay for 2019, following through on a proposal he announced earlier in the year.

Link

There was enough money for tax cuts for the rich and corporations.
He expects enough money to build a wall.
But when it comes to paying the people that do the work, the money has run out??
.. Well, except for the military - he gave them their "first raise in 10 years" - as he lied to the troops on his ME campaign rallies.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#17New Post! Dec 29, 2018 @ 16:08:27
@mrmhead Said

... freezing federal workers' pay for 2019...

Well, that should win him some fans (who are not federal employees)... but also lose him some fans (who are federal employees).

As to the Wall....

The Dems might give some ground, but not much. He won't get his $5 billion nor his wall...but maybe something like $2.34 billion... and a promise to reconsider later.

Of course if the Dems give any ground at all, he will claim victory... GREATEST NEGOTIATOR EVER!

Rush Limbaugh and Anne Coulter won't be happy... but FoxNews will back him up regardless, so Trump followers once again start saying Are we tired of winning yet? NO!

gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#18New Post! Dec 30, 2018 @ 13:05:01
Tucker ga xhale vape shop mentality against trump over and over is all this is.

Re-elect trump 2020

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Dec 30, 2018 @ 14:37:47
@gakINGKONG Said

Re-elect trump 2020

I'd say it's more of a cigarette mentality against trump.

He's polluting and killing the insides while annoying and irritating those around us, yet remarkably it is still legal.

And like most children, long term consequences aren't considered as long as immediate gratification is had.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#20New Post! Dec 30, 2018 @ 15:45:34
@gakINGKONG Said

Re-elect trump 2020

Sort of like republicans' and conservatives' never ending whining and sniveling about Obama and Hillary for literally the last 10 years...

Uh... i mean 10 years and counting as republicans and conservatives continue to rage against both Obama and Hillary every day.

New Year's Resolutions for republicans & conservatives: Stop crying about Obama, he isn't president any more... stop whining about Hillary, she lost the election.

NE, Ohio
#21New Post! Dec 30, 2018 @ 16:30:56
@chaski Said

Sort of like republicans' and conservatives' never ending whining and sniveling about Obama and Hillary for literally the last 10 years...

Uh... i mean 10 years and counting as republicans and conservatives continue to rage against both Obama and Hillary every day.

New Year's Resolutions for republicans & conservatives: Stop crying about Obama, he isn't president any more... stop whining about Hillary, she lost the election.

Besides, Trump has already undone practically everything the Obama's accomlished -
healthy lunches for school children
waterways free from mine waste
nuclear arms agreements
trade agreements
environmental protection agreements

Like Trump claimed about the shut down - It's All On Him Now!!

... and now he's politicizing the death of two children at the boarder.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#22New Post! Dec 30, 2018 @ 23:20:46
@mrmhead Said

I'd say it's more of a cigarette mentality against trump.

He's polluting and killing the insides while annoying and irritating those around us, yet remarkably it is still legal.

And like most children, long term consequences aren't considered as long as immediate gratification is had.

This happened recently.

In as much we would all like to pretend Trump is the worst of the worst, Trump's opponents are sometimes up for the challenge in classlessness.

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#23New Post! Dec 31, 2018 @ 00:41:57
@gakINGKONG Said

In as much we would all like to pretend Trump is the worst of the worst...

Does anyone "pretend" that Trump "is the worst of the worst"?

Or is it more like: many people just recognize that while not being the "worst of the worst" he is a draft dodging coward who is a rude jackass and likely well be low average when it comes to being the President of the USA, but above average when it comes to duping the gullible‽

Yes... that's it.

NE, Ohio
#24New Post! Dec 31, 2018 @ 01:15:45
@gakINGKONG Said

This happened recently.

In as much we would all like to pretend Trump is the worst of the worst, Trump's opponents are sometimes up for the challenge in classlessness.

but you know what - whoever that is ISN'T RUNNING THE COUNTRY!!!
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#25New Post! Dec 31, 2018 @ 01:48:18
@mrmhead Said

but you know what - whoever that is ISN'T RUNNING THE COUNTRY!!!

I don't think he knows that.

(I do wonder if that was staged... but hey, Americans on both sides are pretty messed up, so maybe it is real.)

NE, Ohio
#26New Post! Dec 31, 2018 @ 01:54:49
@chaski Said

(I do wonder if that was staged... but hey, Americans on both sides are pretty messed up, so maybe it is real.)

I thought about that too - what is the legitimacy of it? Found on Infowars the Grand Master of Internet Artistry?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#27New Post! Jan 01, 2019 @ 22:33:52
@chaski Said

Which, of course means, It isn't my fault... it's someone else's fault.

I feel Trump isn’t the only one who does this though. That’s why it will be difficult to find common ground.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#28New Post! Jan 01, 2019 @ 22:54:04
@Cpat92 Said

I feel Trump isn’t the only one who does this though. That’s why it will be difficult to find common ground.

I don't know about that.

John Boehner, while Speaker of the House, publicly stated that the Republican party's primary goal was to go against anything and everything that Obama wanted... and further stated that the Republican party wasn't going to cooperate nor compromise with Obama on anything.

Then in 2013 the the Republican party caused the shut down of the government but failed to get what they wanted, John Boehner publicly admitted that he and the Republican party tried to force Obama's hand but failed.

That is to say that John Boehner admitted the shut down was the Republican's fault and admitted that they failed to get what they wanted.

Trump on the other hand publicly stated that he was responsible for this shutdown, but now is trying to act like it was the Democrats doing.

Yes, many politicians lie, but not like Trump... and not to the level and degree that Trump does.

Many people keep acting like "it" is the Democrats... HOWEVER, there are quite a few Republicans that have been disagreeing with Trump on a regular basis, literally since he took office.

There is some potential common ground between Republicans & Democrats as demonstrated by numerous bills passed by congress which included bipartisan support.

Presently potential cooperation between Republicans and Democrats is being blocked by Trump... and some of the more far right Republicans.

NE, Ohio
#29New Post! Jan 02, 2019 @ 00:30:40
McConnell refuses to bring anything to a vote that Trump won't sign.

Is he afraid to show that ending the shutdown without a wall may be a bi-partisan desire?

... that's presuming some (R) senators get some balls and vote as they feel and not as a block.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#30New Post! Jan 02, 2019 @ 02:30:14
@mrmhead Said

McConnell refuses to bring anything to a vote that Trump won't sign.

Is he afraid to show that ending the shutdown without a wall may be a bi-partisan desire?

... that's presuming some (R) senators get some balls and vote as they feel and not as a block.

Odd that Republican congressmen (a senator in this case) want to give the executive branch so much power.

Regardless... the Republicans own this shut down; Trump, McConnell and the rest of them).

Reagan would have negotiated for part of what he wants, then go back later to push for the rest of it.

No matter Trump's people will blame Democrats.... Thanks Obama!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs