Random

Trivia

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#1New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 03:40:46
This pic of William Shatner that Drummerwannabe posted in a game thread, reminded me of a program I was wacthing on Halloween, which I found quite interesting.

They were interviewing about the movie "Halloween" with Jamie Lee Curtis, and it got brough up that it wasn't decided initially what mask the killer would use; but after fooling around with quite a few, they happened upon a mask of William Shatner's face, originally made as a "death mask" of him for an episode of star trek. ( I always thought it looked familiar, and reminded me of someone. )...

Anyway...they did go on and beef the mask up a bit, filling it out here and there, giving it a more menacing/creepy look...(but if you look close you can still see Shatner shining through.

eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#2New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 03:44:44
Oh yeah! I read about that the other night. Talk about crazy They were on a super tight budget, that's part of the reason.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#3New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 03:47:16
@eternus_somnium Said

Oh yeah! I read about that the other night. Talk about crazy They were on a super tight budget, that's part of the reason.

Yeah, it was really interesting, wasn't it? Who would have thought!

Everything that happened was alot by chance or sudden inspriation. They never expected it to go far at all. It was a B movie in fact, made on only 23,000 dollars, or some ridiculously low price like that. I was glad I tuned in.
clinically crackers

#4New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 03:49:35
@sTreetAngeL Said

Yeah, it was really interesting, wasn't it? Who would have thought!

Everything that happened was alot by chance or sudden inspriation. They never expected it to go far at all. It was a B movie in fact, made on only 23,000 dollars, or some ridiculously low price like that. I was glad I tuned in.

Yeah, and they bought clothes from the mall and had some actors bring in their own. It really is incredible that it's become so widely known I read about it on Wikipedia after seeing part of Halloween and Halloween H2O the Friday before Halloween, I'd never seen it before and was trying to find out more background info.
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#5New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 03:52:51
@eternus_somnium Said

Yeah, and they bought clothes from the mall and had some actors bring in their own. It really is incredible that it's become so widely known I read about it on Wikipedia after seeing part of Halloween and Halloween H2O the Friday before Halloween, I'd never seen it before and was trying to find out more background info.

Yeah, when they said the actors and actresses wore their own cloths, I laughed.

I believe it was filmed in Calafornia too, and in the warm weather at that, so they had 3 gabage bags of fake maple leaves, that they'd sprinkle around the areas they were filming in to make it look like Autumn; then when they were done, everyone would scramble around collecting them up again, and putting them back in the bags for the next shot.
clinically crackers

#6New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 03:54:51
@sTreetAngeL Said

Yeah, when they said the actors and actresses wore their own cloths, I laughed.

I believe it was filmed in Calafornia too, and in the warm weather at that, so they had 3 gabage bags of fake maple leaves, that they'd sprinkle around the areas to make it look like Autumn; then when they were done, everyone would scramble around collecting them again, and putting them back in the bags for the next shot.

I bet that wasn't expected when those people were hired!
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 04:12:18

the original " the outer limits " - the producers of the show were cheap, the props and the costumes of the monsters were made household products ! if you look at the monsters video, you can tell, but in 1960's, when i was a kid look pretty cool !
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#8New Post! Nov 05, 2010 @ 04:25:14
@twilitezone911 Said

the original " the outer limits " - the producers of the show were cheap, the props and the costumes of the monsters were made household products ! if you look at the monsters video, you can tell, but in 1960's, when i was a kid look pretty cool !

Those were still pretty good for the day; gotta love the faces on them ants!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs