Tributes to people lost or injured in conflict

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#61New Post! Jul 19, 2010 @ 11:48:08
There was a news report about a whole australian batallion found from the 1st world war this morning.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#62New Post! Jul 19, 2010 @ 11:49:28
@treebee Said

There was a news report about a whole australian batallion found from the 1st world war this morning.

Wow! Poor guys, but that is interesting. To be MIA that long
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#63New Post! Jul 19, 2010 @ 11:56:33
https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8579889.stm

There's a list of UK Fatilities in Iraq and Afghan.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#64New Post! Jul 19, 2010 @ 11:57:54
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10679715 here is the WW1 story.
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#65New Post! Jul 19, 2010 @ 12:11:11
@treebee Said

The trench warfare of the Great War combined with barrages by the large artillery of the period. Caused many troops on both sides to be buried in mud,I doubt they will all be found!
KAMPA On October 28, 2013
Admiral Karl Donuts

Uhlan Bator, Mongolia
#66New Post! Jul 19, 2010 @ 12:20:11
The battle of the Somme in 1916 was a disaster for British and Commonwealth soldiers. They were ordered by their officers to make a frontal assault on the German Lines! More than 20,000 British troops died in the assault. Making it the worst tragedy for British arms in the entire war!
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 08:37:17
Two British soldiers have been shot dead in Afghanistan while trying to rescue a wounded colleague.

A UK military spokesman said they died in the Lashkar Gah district of Helmand on Wednesday evening performing a "courageous and selfless act".

One was from The Royal Dragoon Guards and the other from 1st Battalion Scots Guards. Their families have been told.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10721404

R.I.P.
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#68New Post! Jul 22, 2010 @ 08:38:00
This is a very nice and meaningful thread.
Bless you for this good deed.
RIP Boobie

#69New Post! Jul 23, 2010 @ 09:55:43
@SparklyKatie Said

Two British soldiers have been shot dead in Afghanistan while trying to rescue a wounded colleague.

A UK military spokesman said they died in the Lashkar Gah district of Helmand on Wednesday evening performing a "courageous and selfless act".

One was from The Royal Dragoon Guards and the other from 1st Battalion Scots Guards. Their families have been told.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-10721404

R.I.P.

RIP
RIP Boobie

#70New Post! Jul 27, 2010 @ 10:51:07
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10771556

Solider from 36 Engr Regt Killed in Afghan

RIP fallen sapper.
\m//O_O\\m/

#71New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 13:28:14
@Silver_Lining Said

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10771556

Solider from 36 Engr Regt Killed in Afghan

RIP fallen sapper.

A soldier killed in a suspected "friendly fire" incident in Afghanistan has been named by the Ministry of Defence as Sapper Mark Anthony Smith.

The soldier, from 36 Engineer Regiment, died on Monday while serving with the Counter-IED Task Force in the Sangin area of Helmand.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10790273

RIP
RIP Boobie

#72New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 13:46:51
@SparklyKatie Said

A soldier killed in a suspected "friendly fire" incident in Afghanistan has been named by the Ministry of Defence as Sapper Mark Anthony Smith.

The soldier, from 36 Engineer Regiment, died on Monday while serving with the Counter-IED Task Force in the Sangin area of Helmand.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10790273

RIP

It's always bad when a soldier dies but it always brings things closer to home when it's a Engineer as it's an Engineer unit I work for.
\m//O_O\\m/

#73New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 13:48:31
@Silver_Lining Said

It's always bad when a soldier dies but it always brings things closer to home when it's a Engineer as it's an Engineer unit I work for.

Yeah it's always bad to hear, hope the people in your unit stay safe.
RIP Boobie

#74New Post! Jul 28, 2010 @ 13:53:07
@SparklyKatie Said

Yeah it's always bad to hear, hope the people in your unit stay safe.

Thanks, me too. We have 8 people from our Sqn and a good number from the Regt going out in September.
tom On March 16, 2023
i love .....

Notlongagoinaplacenotfaraway,
#75New Post! Aug 07, 2010 @ 01:13:10
@Jennifer1984 Said

Rest in peace to the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians, men, women and children killed by our "brave" troops.

Rest in peace, little ones. I apologise on behalf of my country, for the actions of our soldiers.

To the innocent civilians of Iraq and Afghanistan, I say sorry for the behaviour of our troops

To the mothers who have lost children. I weep for your loss and apologise from the bottom of my heart.

To the children who have been brutally murdered, maimed, and traumatised by our soldiers, or have been terrified by events you are too young to understand, or have been traumatised when you have witnessed your fathers, or brothers or those you love being beaten and murdered in front of your very eyes..... or have watched your fathers being dragged away by soldiers, and never seen alive again...... I say "sorry".

To every Iraqi or Afghan civilian who goes to bed at night, not knowing if the soldiers will come while it's dark, and kick your door in and point guns at you.... shout at you in a language you don't understand, and then commit the most awful atrocities, safe and smug in the knowledge that their own people will pin medals on their chests and consider them "heroes"..... I say "Sorry".

I disown those men. They don't do these things in my name.

Never in my name.

Can I just say that you can say the things you do without fear of prosecution due to these soldiers and the long line of men and woman who fought and died on your behalf in the years past. You may not like what they do, I respect that. However you need to respect that today if our country was to be invaded, these men and woman that you disown would lay down their lives to protect yours. I ask you would you be prepared to die for someone that hated you. They would not care that you disowned them, they would do it anyway. If you do not respect that then I feel pity for you. Politicians start wars not soldiers.
They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs