Tributes to people lost or injured in conflict

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
jmo On April 29, 2021
Beruset af Julebryg

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
#16New Post! Jul 06, 2010 @ 23:11:09
I find it offensive that a thread created to honour the dead has turned into a petty argument about pacifism and the justifications of war.

If you don't want to honour those who have died then don't post on this thread. I disagree with the war in Iraq, I don't necessarily agree with all the actions troops make or would ever join the army. Instead of talking about that in a thread about honouring those who have died I talk about that on threads to do with the morality of war and actions of troops.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#17New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 00:16:09
RIP

Jeff Kocab (who graduated from the College I work at) and Craig Smith.

Not war...but police men. They pulled over a guy on a routine stop...because his license plate wasn't showing.

Guy in the car pulls a gun and shoots both men at close range. They both die.

Craig Smith...left a pregnant wife. Its not really clear, but...she either delivered the baby the day of his death or the day after. Born premature out of stress and with part of his scalp missing, doctors aren't sure if the baby will survive.

Pisses me off. And the b**** was on the run for a couple days before he turned himself in.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#18New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 00:28:00
@boobagins Said

RIP

Jeff Kocab (who graduated from the College I work at) and Craig Smith.

Not war...but police men. They pulled over a guy on a routine stop...because his license plate wasn't showing.

Guy in the car pulls a gun and shoots both men at close range. They both die.

Craig Smith...left a pregnant wife. Its not really clear, but...she either delivered the baby the day of his death or the day after. Born premature out of stress and with part of his scalp missing, doctors aren't sure if the baby will survive.

Pisses me off. And the b**** was on the run for a couple days before he turned himself in.

That is so sad. My prayers go out to their families.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 09:18:29
@Silver_Lining Said

It's with great sadness that the MOD has announced that a Soldier from Royal Dragoon Guards has been killed in Afghanistan. RIP.

He's now been named as Trooper James Anthony Leverett.
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#20New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 09:26:05
@Silver_Lining Said

*Takes a bow*

You are a great person for starting this thread. It is always sad when a soldier dies no matter what side he's on.
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 09:30:17
@plebian_angel Said

You are a great person for starting this thread. It is always sad when a soldier dies no matter what side he's on.

Agreed - these men and women are fighting for our country and deserve our utmost respect. Like I said earlier, it's a shame that some people have to piss in the cornflakes.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#22New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 11:28:03
From the world edition of CNN. Very sad.

"Last week, June became the deadliest month of the nine-year Afghan war for coalition troops when the death toll hit 80."
plebian_angel On April 25, 2012
Intergalactic hussy

a great future,
#23New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 11:29:04
@boxerdc Said

"Last week, June became the deadliest month of the nine-year Afghan war for coalition troops when the death toll hit 80."

How sad
RIP Boobie

#24New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 11:31:43
@boxerdc Said

angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 13:14:29
I don't agree with going to war in a lot of circumstances HOWEVER these men and women, regardless of where they are, are following their orders. This might mean going to Iraq but one day that might also mean protecting me and my family.

They do a bloody brave job, and yes there's evil people in every walk of life, unfortunately there's no screening for evil.

My friends husband was in Iraq and she was sat watching the news every day, listening to it on the radio and was terrified he wasn't coming back.

While he was out there he had to pull his friends out of a burning vehicle, but clearly in his spare time was off raping/murdering people
RIP Boobie

#26New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 13:19:59
@angelcake Said

I don't agree with going to war in a lot of circumstances HOWEVER these men and women, regardless of where they are, are following their orders. This might mean going to Iraq but one day that might also mean protecting me and my family.

They do a bloody brave job, and yes there's evil people in every walk of life, unfortunately there's no screening for evil.

My friends husband was in Iraq and she was sat watching the news every day, listening to it on the radio and was terrified he wasn't coming back.

While he was out there he had to pull his friends out of a burning vehicle, but clearly in his spare time was off raping/murdering people

It was horrible when my brother was in Iraq, he used to phone at a certain time on a certain day every week and when he didn't phone one week at the usual time it was dreadful. He won't tell me about things that happened while he was over there.

I have friends going out to Afghan in September and I've already started worrying.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#27New Post! Jul 07, 2010 @ 20:46:29
@Silver_Lining Said

Soldier from the Mercian Regiment dies from wounds sustained in Afghanistan

RIP

Pte Thomas Sephton, 20 years old. RIP

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10543412.stm
RIP Boobie

#28New Post! Jul 08, 2010 @ 07:45:23
@SparklyKatie Said

Pte Thomas Sephton, 20 years old. RIP

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10543412.stm

Thanks Katie.
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Jul 08, 2010 @ 07:51:29
@Silver_Lining Said

Thanks Katie.

No probs chick.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#30New Post! Jul 08, 2010 @ 10:16:54
@Kimmler Said

Her country? You are mistaken like most of it we own **** all of 'our' countries.

You never make sense, so I'll disregard. If you wonder why I never answer you, this is why. This thread was to honor fallen soldiers no9 have a debate about whether or not someone approved.

Dated July 5- statistics of the fatalities of war
https://www.icasualties.org/oef/

Wednesday, July 7, 2010
War News for Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Washington Post is reporting the deaths of three American ISAF soldiers in a roadside bombing in an undisclosed location in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday, July 6th. Here's the ISAF release on one of the soldiers who died after being evacuated presumably to a hospital in Kandahar.

The French MoD is reporting the death of a French ISAF soldier in an IED attack in Kapisa province, Afghanistan on Tuesday, July 6th.

Turkey hints major offensive against PKK in N. Iraq

Turkish soldier killed in PKK attack

Britain to hand control of Afghan troublespot to US: Britain was to announce Wednesday that its troops will withdraw from an area of southern Afghanistan where they have suffered heavy losses and hand control to the United States. British Defence Secretary Liam Fox is expected to announce that British forces will pull out of Sangin district in the north of Helmand province by the end of year, reports said.

Ex-Taliban governor calls Afghan peace overtures a joke

https://warnewstoday.blogspot.com/

The whole things a tragedy but blaming the soldiers is obscene, JMHO
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs