Forums: Politics:
Animal Rights

Travelling Kids

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
biznob On July 12, 2011

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 21:25:57
I met three strange backpackers in my town the other day. They all had pets who were trained to fight . The animals looked well fed(although I never saw them eating) and healthy enough, but a couple things about them troubled me. When they traveled they kept them inside small metal containers until they found another person to start an exhibition. I couldnt figure out if this was for portability or to rile them up to be more vicious . They informed me that they go from town to town and there are actual places to meet in every place and do this . I was very surprised to learn about this and even more when I found out that there are bracket style tournaments for the trainers who can use multiple small creatures throughout. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Ill post some pics when I get my camera back.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! Jul 12, 2011 @ 21:28:45
Are you sure you weren't watching a cartoon?
That sounds just like the premise for pokemon
rogy On June 03, 2013

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jul 13, 2011 @ 11:53:52
@biznob Said

I met three strange backpackers in my town the other day. They all had pets who were trained to fight . The animals looked well fed(although I never saw them eating) and healthy enough, but a couple things about them troubled me. When they traveled they kept them inside small metal containers until they found another person to start an exhibition. I couldnt figure out if this was for portability or to rile them up to be more vicious . They informed me that they go from town to town and there are actual places to meet in every place and do this . I was very surprised to learn about this and even more when I found out that there are bracket style tournaments for the trainers who can use multiple small creatures throughout. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Ill post some pics when I get my camera back.

Are we in Michael Vick territory here? When you say "pets," do you mean dogs - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_fighting

I would like to see those photos.

rogY
Rini On January 16, 2014

, Georgia
#4New Post! Jul 15, 2011 @ 17:17:02
First of all ANY animal fighting is WRONG. I have heard of this and it outrages me to no end. They make the animals fight by (usually) depriving them of food and water and keeping them in these cages that are usually too small for them. This is cruel.

Just like how the government wants to outlaw pitbulls in America because of the reputation they have in this country, when its the owners fault not the dogs for their rep. Its the owners fault for fighting them and giving them their bad reputations, NOT the dogs. But now they are pushing through legislation to BAN this breed because of this. When will the MADNESS stop!!
BozieFozie On May 19, 2022
Life's a Beach

Paradise, Florida
#5New Post! Jul 15, 2011 @ 17:18:06
California...........
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs