Top 100 Teacher Salaries 2012 "Illinois"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#31New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 02:01:26
@Leon Said

Thanks lol, although my teaching position is a bit different than a classroom teaching position. I could never do that lol.

I could never do that

These are the words many say about all teaching position.
Yet they gripe about your pay.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#32New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 02:03:09
@shinobinoz Said

Interesting. My wife is in special needs. A lot of work in class within a class.

Yeah, special needs is a different ballgame altogether, but it has its own rewards.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#33New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 02:04:10
@restoreone Said

I could never do that

These are the words many say about all teaching position.
Yet they gripe about your pay.

Not to mention a very rigorous certification process, although Arnold lightened that up a bit.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#34New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 02:11:30
@Leon Said

Yeah, special needs is a different ballgame altogether, but it has its own rewards.

Before I went into my field of my degree we both were working in that one. I was a work trainer for higher functioning at a wood working shop. Saws, planes, nail-guns. Absolutely NO stress!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#35New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 02:12:10
@Leon Said

Not to mention a very rigorous certification process, although Arnold lightened that up a bit.

But will he be baaaaack?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#36New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 02:17:03
@shinobinoz Said

But will he be baaaaack?

Lol, I'm sure he is now staying away from holding any future office with a ten foot pole. He had a real hard time as governor, never being able to get the legislature to agree to a long term solution budget. Kind of like what Obama is going through with Congress. Then his term ended with the recession to add another blow to our state economy.

At least he did some good things in regards to environmental regulations.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#37New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 02:38:55
@someone_else_again Said

School teachers are not government employees.

Uhhhhhhh. Well, private school teachers aren't, I guess.....
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#38New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 02:41:53
@jonnythan Said

I forgot I was going to answer that one... Thanks.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#39New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 15:59:23
@jonnythan Said

@shinobinoz Said

I forgot I was going to answer that one... Thanks.

Thanks. I totally misread what I was looking at.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#40New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 16:58:32
@Willi Said

we gotta be able to put a cap on workers who get tax money.

That's an awesome idea!

Let's tell everyone who works for government that they'll have their salaries capped at a "reasonable" level no matter how hard they work or how much they produce.

It will be awesome. We'll end up with a government filled with people who are completely happy being average. And when serious problems arise, these people will say "don't look at me, I'm just doing my job".

This is just plain stupid Willi.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#41New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 17:05:55
@boxer Said

That's an awesome idea!

Let's tell everyone who works for government that they'll have their salaries capped at a "reasonable" level no matter how hard they work or how much they produce.

It will be awesome. We'll end up with a government filled with people who are completely happy being average. And when serious problems arise, these people will say "don't look at me, I'm just doing my job".

This is just plain stupid Willi.

Something tells me that Willi won't be happy unless he gets to pick the salary cap. and that cap can't be more than he's making.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#42New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 17:22:56
@floydgirrl Said

Something tells me that Willi won't be happy unless he gets to pick the salary cap. and that cap can't be more than he's making.

We've capped the president at $400,000 a year for life, and because of that we can't find someone with real talent for "running" things.

Hell, the CEO of the company I work for makes just under $400,000 a week.. Why would he take a job of running the country when he'd have to take such a huge pay cut for a job that's so much harder.

And everyone wants teachers to make $15,000 a year, unless it's the teacher who's responsible for teaching THEIR kids. Then the sky is the limit, because they only want the best.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#43New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 17:34:55
@boxer Said

$400,000 a week..

Do you mean that? In his pocket?!

@boxer Said

And everyone wants teachers to make $15,000 a year, unless it's the teacher who's responsible for teaching THEIR kids. Then the sky is the limit, because they only want the best.

I don't know that anyone wants them to make $15,000 per year...that's a ridiculously low amount for someone with their qualifications. On that same token, $200,000 per year seems quite a bit for a teacher.

Personally, I don't know how much teachers make. I'd complain about their salaries if I felt that it was a mismanagement of money. For example, the school no equipment, outdated textbooks and unsafe hallways but the teachers each make $100,000 per year.

I did have a former teacher say to me, "Did you know that teachers (around here) only make $45,000 per year? " I just have to say, that is not a good complaint to make to someone who makes less than $10,000.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#44New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 17:38:53
@someone_else_again Said

Personally, I don't know how much teachers make. I'd complain about their salaries if I felt that it was a mismanagement of money. For example, the school no equipment, outdated textbooks and unsafe hallways but the teachers each make $100,000 per year.

I did have a former teacher say to me, "Did you know that teachers (around here) only make $45,000 per year? " I just have to say, that is not a good complaint to make to someone who makes less than $10,000.

$10,000 is far less than minimum wage for a full-time job.

For a full-time job requiring advanced degrees, $45,000 is a terrible pittance.
boxer On June 16, 2016

Deleted
Banned

, Zimbabwe
#45New Post! Oct 25, 2013 @ 17:44:09
@someone_else_again Said

Do you mean that? In his pocket?!

I don't know that anyone wants them to make $15,000 per year...that's a ridiculously low amount for someone with their qualifications. On that same token, $200,000 per year seems quite a bit for a teacher.

Christ on a cracker... the world is going to end

I agree with jonnythan.. My job only requires a bachelors degree, and I make quite a bit more than $45,000 a year. Teachers around here have to continue their educations, at their own expense, EVERY SINGLE YEAR.. If they want tenure, then need a masters degree, and if they want to move out of the classroom, they need a doctorates.

And a tenured teacher here starts at about 60,000. Totally not worth it for all the work.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs