Toenail: Superglue it or Rip it off?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
paramour On July 30, 2014

Purgatory Beach,
#16New Post! Feb 25, 2006 @ 01:57:30
@stumblinthrulife Said
You can only start to write off health costs when they reach over 7.5% of your salary.

Did you know I do TKD too? I'm a purple belt WTF. And I teach kickboxing when the urge takes me.

I know that - I wasn't talking about ME having a tax writeoff. I was talking about the surgeon's office using it as a tax writeoff - charitable contribution to a nonprofit organization . . . namely myself.

And yes, I seem to recall that you were a TKD person as well, although for some reason, I thought you were already a black belt of some degree.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Feb 25, 2006 @ 01:59:38
@paramour Said
I know that - I wasn't talking about ME having a tax writeoff. I was talking about the surgeon's office using it as a tax writeoff - charitable contribution to a nonprofit organization . . . namely myself.

And yes, I seem to recall that you were a TKD person as well, although for some reason, I thought you were already a black belt of some degree.

Nah, not in TKD. Kickboxing, yes. And I can run rings around a lot of black belts. They hand 'em out like candy in TKD it seems
annski729 On July 24, 2016

, United States (general)
#18New Post! Feb 25, 2006 @ 02:09:53
First of all, toe injuries suck! See a doctor!

Second, I wish I did karate still. I still need to go in for my lessons, they were supposed to be a Christmas present! But I can't for now

Purgatory Beach,
#19New Post! Feb 25, 2006 @ 02:12:29
@stumblinthrulife Said
Nah, not in TKD. Kickboxing, yes. And I can run rings around a lot of black belts. They hand 'em out like candy in TKD it seems

Yeppers, I agree.

I started my kiddo out in it first and then started myself about a month or so later. The first testing/graduation that I got to see was sort of amusing. This child was throwing a fit because he showed up but was told that he wasn't going to graduate to the next rank. His parents would not let him spar because they didn't want him "fighting". If you don't spar, you don't qualify to the next belt . . . which is what the guy was trying to patiently explain to the poor kid. He was all for it, even had sparring gear that he talked his parents into letting him get, but for some reason they didn't want him to actually participate. They thought he could just sort of pretend or shadow spar the entire time.

I started before just about all the others who are there now . . . and they all outrank me at this point but I don't particularly care. The lady who was initially in charge of the business end of things seemed to want people there and progressing simply to make money. Here, you need to participate in this. Here, you need to enter this competition. Here, you need to join this class. Very pushy. I'm extremely glad that she left while I was on my last absence from the place. Much more enjoyable and the newbies don't seem quite so focused on "when am I going to get my next belt?" as they are on actually learning something.

Hmmm, m'thinks I'm being a bit wordy tonight for some reason. DAMN THE TOE!

Purgatory Beach,
#20New Post! Feb 25, 2006 @ 02:19:38
@annski729 Said
First of all, toe injuries suck! See a doctor!

Second, I wish I did karate still. I still need to go in for my lessons, they were supposed to be a Christmas present! But I can't for now

Stop making excuses and GO! I understand though. It can be problematic working it into the schedule. I have to find time for both my child & myself to go. It's sometimes a pain in the arse and I almost didn't go tonight because I was so damned tired . . . but it tends to help keep my energy level up and I feel better afterwards, so off I went . . . to kill my toe!

I personally think they're shocked to see me back after this long as I just recently returned after my 2nd prolonged absence. Most of the people who leave for over a month don't seem to make it back for various reasons. They'll even let us know that they're leaving but "only for a little while" because of things going on and they're never to be seen again. It IS difficult to start back into it once you're gone a while though. Thought I was going to kill myself last week. But I lived . . . to go this week . . . to kill my toe. Hmm, care to guess what's on my mind right now? ::D
cobber On July 22, 2006

Deleted
Banned

Rockhampton, Australia
#21New Post! Feb 25, 2006 @ 04:03:13
Tae Kwon Do...I use to do that.
sweetrnsugar77 On December 22, 2008

Deleted

My Apartment, Oregon
#22New Post! Feb 25, 2006 @ 04:10:44
@stumblinthrulife Said
Amputate the toe.

At the neck.

Purgatory Beach,
#23New Post! Feb 27, 2006 @ 06:10:14
sweet! My toenail seems to be reattaching itself already - no need to cut the damned toe off at the neck!
ann On May 16, 2007

Deleted

london, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Feb 27, 2006 @ 19:17:26
Just let it come off, and it'll grow back normally.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Feb 27, 2006 @ 19:22:30
glue wouldnt have done any harm, I just saw this

Purgatory Beach,
#26New Post! Feb 27, 2006 @ 20:20:23
@ann Said
Just let it come off, and it'll grow back normally.

It wouldn't have just "come off naturally". It was too damned bent and firmly attached near the bottom half . . . but no problems now, I'll just keep it taped up a few more days, & hopefully it won't do it again next time!

Purgatory Beach,
#27New Post! Feb 27, 2006 @ 20:21:11
@treebee Said
glue wouldnt have done any harm, I just saw this

yeah, I know glue would've done no harm but I probably would've glued my finger in with it or something
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#28New Post! Feb 27, 2006 @ 20:23:29
I do that sort of thing all the time, i nearly glued my lips together once

Purgatory Beach,
#29New Post! Feb 27, 2006 @ 22:00:44
@treebee Said
I do that sort of thing all the time, i nearly glued my lips together once

My last day working as a polysomnographic tech (sleep tech), I glued this guys lips together. I think I subconsciously did it on purpose. The guy refused to wear anything to bed and sat in front of me with his legs spread in this pair of tighty whities. The bastard kept trying to grab me and crap.
secretvixen On December 08, 2009

New York City, New York
#30New Post! Mar 04, 2006 @ 05:24:32
eat your toenail...im just kidding, Missy is right, you should seek medical attention...maybe they can treat it professionally.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs