Rants & Raves

Today in Walmart,,,,,

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Feb 03, 2019 @ 04:45:46
In Walmart today the act of modern day Christianity was oozing out of a few women . How do I assume these women were Christians ? They each of them , had on public display various styles of that old wooden cross on a hill far away. One of these was a crucifix, I know this because it had a dead guy stretched out and dead as a door nail on it.
Okay so I'm checking my list as I come up to the dairy section , I keep hearing a not so soft beeping noise . it would go off then stop and I would hear a grinding type noise. first one then the other . I stop and look around and gosh darn if what I was seeing didn't make me boil. There was a woman in a motorized wheel chair, now I'm not talking about one of those fat people deals Walmart offers, I'm talking about a woman who relies on her chair for mobility every waking moment of her day . So there is the chair bound woman trying to maneuver her chair around to get the door to the cottage cheese open. And no doubt she could have done it and been on her way, except for the christian standing just close enough to where the chair needed to be for the door to swing clear and the women sitting in it could reach her choice of cottage cheese. Now the woman standing there was having a meeting of eyeballs with two other women gathered there impatiently waiting their turn at the cottage cheese. the one in the way was rolling her eyes , wearing a sort of grimacing smirk and looking any where but at the chair bound woman . The woman was doing her best not to hit the b**** wearing the crucifix while getting the door open about 6 inches and trying to stretch to reach her cottage cheese. When that smirking Kunt looked in my direction the look in my eyes must have not been very Christian like because when I started forward like I had no problem hitting her, she started back sliding like a pro. I ask the woman in the chair if I may help her, she sort of deflated and thanked me I ask her what and how many she wanted , " just of those small curd ,low fat cottage cheese please"
Them three Christians gathered their enjoying the show lowered their eyes, ducked their heads and went their separate ways.
In my unsolicited opinion they personify the modern day christian.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#2New Post! Feb 03, 2019 @ 19:38:56
That could almost be like a 'Doofus and Dilligent' comic for modern times.

"Modern day Christians stand in front of the door in the dairy section, blocking other customers and smirking as they do so.

The true Christian drives off the idiots blocking the door, and then hands the cheese to the lady in her mobility scooter who was waiting patiently."

Stuff like that really annoys me. If I were there, I would've very unceremoniously peeled off a sweaty sock and then rest it on the head dingus' shoulder. Then when she'd freak out, I'd just calmly ask her if she could wash my feet for me, seeing as Jesus was all about that for some reason, before presenting them with my fragrant feets.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#3New Post! Feb 03, 2019 @ 20:22:52
People in general are pretty awful to the disabled.
But yeah many many Christians don’t practice what they are taught and it’s obvious in interactions like this.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Feb 03, 2019 @ 21:07:07
@DiscordTiger Said

People in general are pretty awful to the disabled.
But yeah many many Christians don’t practice what they are taught and it’s obvious in interactions like this.

Yeah, I just don't get it.

Sting captured a thoughtful response (?):

Don't judge me
You could be me in another life
In another set of circumstances
Don't judge me
One more night I'll just have to take my chances
And tomorrow we'll see

Tomorrow we'll see

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 01:36:54
@psycoskunk Said

That could almost be like a 'Doofus and Dilligent' comic for modern times.

"Modern day Christians stand in front of the door in the dairy section, blocking other customers and smirking as they do so.

The true Christian drives off the idiots blocking the door, and then hands the cheese to the lady in her mobility scooter who was waiting patiently."

Stuff like that really annoys me. If I were there, I would've very unceremoniously peeled off a sweaty sock and then rest it on the head dingus' shoulder. Then when she'd freak out, I'd just calmly ask her if she could wash my feet for me, seeing as Jesus was all about that for some reason, before presenting them with my fragrant feets.

Except I'm a non believer .
I do find it interesting that you are the second person to insinuate that only a christian would help the woman in the chair .
Darkman666 On about 23 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 02:05:54
I personally ask sometimes when someone in wheerchair or a grocery store wheelchair cart, if they need my help get something on a top shelve. I ask if they want me to get it. so when they ask, I don't mind, get it for them. I don't mind, because of their pride, they tell me, " no! " it's ok with me.

I don't get think with walmart about Christians, not being a Christian. I see people wear crucifixes around their necks, I don't mind little ones. these big ones around their necks look completely stupid on them. they do know that vampires don't exist, do they? yes, you wear a big one, and carry a bible, I don't care, really!

I personally hate goes to Walmart, they don't have what I want, if lucky it's worth goes. the employees are useless and lazy, I just go after go to target.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 04:22:47
Some people just suck in general.

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 05:05:10
@darkman666 Said

I personally ask sometimes when someone in wheerchair or a grocery store wheelchair cart, if they need my help get something on a top shelve. I ask if they want me to get it. so when they ask, I don't mind, get it for them. I don't mind, because of their pride, they tell me, " no! " it's ok with me.

I don't get think with walmart about Christians, not being a Christian. I see people wear crucifixes around their necks, I don't mind little ones. these big ones around their necks look completely stupid on them. they do know that vampires don't exist, do they? yes, you wear a big one, and carry a bible, I don't care, really!

I personally hate goes to Walmart, they don't have what I want, if lucky it's worth goes. the employees are useless and lazy, I just go after go to target.

The thing about the woman in the chair is she wan't asking for help , hell she wasn't even asking that smirking #$@&% to get to %$#@ out of the way.
I always ask 'May I help you?" because I don't want to insult someone who is going about their day , minding their own business .
Maybe I was hoping the woman would say yes please, you can knock this person down so I can run her over,,,,,,
I would have been boiling even if those three had not been wearing those symbols of ' love , charity and whatever else it stands for '. If I hadn't been focused on helping that proud, stubborn , frustrated woman I wanted to wish them three luck when next they stand up to give testimony to their fellow church members on how well they portray themselves as Christians.

I may regret this , but what could you want that you can't find in a walmart super center .
I don't like going to Walmart , but, since there are just two super markets in that town one a mom and pops , with walmart being the other There isn't a lot of choice. I could add another 40 miles to my 90 mile round trip, by going to to next town to a Smiths store.

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 05:05:56
@Cpat92 Said

Some do ,I agree.
Darkman666 On about 23 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 05:25:26
@white_swan53 Said

The thing about the woman in the chair is she wan't asking for help , hell she wasn't even asking that smirking #$@&% to get to %$#@ out of the way.
I always ask 'May I help you?" because I don't want to insult someone who is going about their day , minding their own business .
Maybe I was hoping the woman would say yes please, you can knock this person down so I can run her over,,,,,,
I would have been boiling even if those three had not been wearing those symbols of ' love , charity and whatever else it stands for '. If I hadn't been focused on helping that proud, stubborn , frustrated woman I wanted to wish them three luck when next they stand up to give testimony to their fellow church members on how well they portray themselves as Christians.

I may regret this , but what could you want that you can't find in a walmart super center .
I don't like going to Walmart , but, since there are just two super markets in that town one a mom and pops , with walmart being the other There isn't a lot of choice. I could add another 40 miles to my 90 mile round trip, by going to to next town to a Smiths store.

I am lucky to have a target that about 2 miles away or less from the Walmart that I described. I have a choice with clothes, there is a handful dollar stores that I can reach. I always prefer mom and pop stores, when I was younger, they can't compete with these stores these days. I missed therm.

in general, people, you are describing, I see people like that everyday. I think they are just trash, they think are uppie and trying to be rich. people use religion for many excuses. when does be rude become privilege?

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 09:13:32
@darkman666 Said

I am lucky to have a target that about 2 miles away or less from the Walmart that I described. I have a choice with clothes, there is a handful dollar stores that I can reach. I always prefer mom and pop stores, when I was younger, they can't compete with these stores these days. I missed therm.

in general, people, you are describing, I see people like that everyday. I think they are just trash, they think are uppie and trying to be rich. people use religion for many excuses. when does be rude become privilege?

There are advantages and a few disadvantages to living where I do. Walmart is a 90 mile round trip , but that means I only go once a month so I don't deal with the sort of people much. The closet dollar store is a 30 mile round trip , I go in to that town 2 or 3 times a month sometimes. so over all 2 or 3 times a month I see/deal with people . Or to break it down into time spent in the same space with people about 3 maybe 4 hours a month. So its easy enough to tell which are the advantages and how minor the disadvantages are.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#12New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 13:21:18
Madonna Louise Ciccone was a huge fan of crosses. That should say something about religious jewelry.

Mathew 7:16 . . . "you will know them by their fruits"
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#13New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 14:29:56
@Cpat92 Said

and some people blow
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 18:41:43
@white_swan53 Said

There are advantages and a few disadvantages to living where I do. Walmart is a 90 mile round trip , but that means I only go once a month so I don't deal with the sort of people much. The closet dollar store is a 30 mile round trip , I go in to that town 2 or 3 times a month sometimes. so over all 2 or 3 times a month I see/deal with people . Or to break it down into time spent in the same space with people about 3 maybe 4 hours a month. So its easy enough to tell which are the advantages and how minor the disadvantages are.

Walmart trades in UK as Asda and it's an OK kinda supermarket which mostly serves the family market. If you're a mum trying to feed a family with two or three young children then you can knock quite a fair few bob off your weekly shop.

What that means is that older shoppers tend not to use them. It has to be admitted that Asda has acquired a reputation for being places where older or better off customers prefer to shop elsewhere to avoid shops filled with noisy, unruly children.

Some good bargains though.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#15New Post! Feb 04, 2019 @ 19:16:48
@white_swan53 Said

I’m the “big city” now, but when I was on high school it was similar. Our town had a Walmart. The next town over, and hour drive had the k-mart. Target was a two hour drive. The “mall” a three hour drive. Everyone shopped at Walmart and hit the other places when traveling or set a side a day for it if it was an occasion. We had two other grocery stores, but still there was many things they did not carry that Walmart did.

I don’t like Walmart politically, but it’s a necessary evil for many, especially in rural areas.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs