Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...26 27 28 29 30 · >>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#406New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 03:52:30
You're probably better off with full plate armor with a good helm that is very hard to open. I was going to suggest Kevlar, but that really isn't effective against knives and other sharp objects. The helm also makes you reconsider saying something that might set off the stabbings.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#407New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 04:00:03
@DorkySupergirl Said

If she is taking 21 pills and then stops taking them for a week, the week she is not taking them, she is on her period. Unless, she is not doing the sugar pills and just continues with regular pills to prevent a period.

Right, but usually a period will last a few days, so what if she is still on the 7 day portion of no pills and has sex, say on the day or two before getting back on the 21? Can she be fertile then, and hence require a condom for the guy?

And once she is back on the 21 is the pill immediately effective?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#408New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 04:01:34
@DiscordTiger Said

You're probably better off with full plate armor with a good helm that is very hard to open. I was going to suggest Kevlar, but that really isn't effective against knives and other sharp objects. The helm also makes you reconsider saying something that might set off the stabbings.

What?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#409New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 04:05:53
@Leon Said

Right, but usually a period will last a few days, so what if she is still on the 7 day portion of no pills and has sex, say on the day or two before getting back on the 21? Can she be fertile then, and hence require a condom for the guy?

And once she is back on the 21 is the pill immediately effective?

Most women I know it lasts the full week and might even go into their next set of tablets so if this is only a few days, lucky girl.

Technically she should not be fertile but its not 100% so if you 100% want to avoid a pregnancy, I would be using both. and tablet birth control is fickle thus why its not 100% reliable.

I do know this, if she is taking antibiotics and on the pill, always wear a condom then. It makes birth control tablets pretty much ineffective as do some other medications.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#410New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 04:11:09
@DorkySupergirl Said

Most women I know it lasts the full week and might even go into their next set of tablets so if this is only a few days, lucky girl.

Technically she should not be fertile but its not 100% so if you 100% want to avoid a pregnancy, I would be using both. and tablet birth control is fickle thus why its not 100% reliable.

I do know this, if she is taking antibiotics and on the pill, always wear a condom then. It makes birth control tablets pretty much ineffective as do some other medications.

Yeah, I suppose just using a condom for the entire 7 days of placebos regardless of the length of the period is best, just to be safe. And thanks for the heads up about antibiotics. Didn't know that. That's probably stuff the doctor should reveal if she were to get put on antibioitics, because they always ask if you're on any medication before prescribing anything to look for counterindications like that.

I also ask the question of whether or not to use a condom in the first few days once starting the 21 cycle over again, because I do know you have to use them a week in when she uses them for the first time (if she started midcycle).
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#411New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 04:12:13
@Leon Said

What?

obviously I can't speak for everyone, but i would guess that when a woman physically feels her worst, is uncomfortable, probably a little icked out, irritable and possibly in enough pain that OTC drugs just dull it... she is more likely to want to f*** you up than f*** you.

So armor is better overall "protection".

Though every woman is different so... your mileage may vary
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#412New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 04:18:52
@Leon Said

Yeah, I suppose just using a condom for the entire 7 days of placebos regardless of the length of the period is best, just to be safe. And thanks for the heads up about antibiotics. Didn't know that. That's probably stuff the doctor should reveal if she were to get put on antibioitics, because they always ask if you're on any medication before prescribing anything to look for counterindications like that.

I also ask the question of whether or not to use a condom in the first few days once starting the 21 cycle over again, because I do know you have to use them a week in when she uses them for the first time (if she started midcycle).

something is flawed here and I really can't think of the way to phrase it.

I was going to back out and not say anything, but i hit post instead. Becuase I am a dork, so now I am editing it to say that.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#413New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 04:19:17
@DiscordTiger Said

obviously I can't speak for everyone, but i would guess that when a woman physically feels her worst, is uncomfortable, probably a little icked out, irritable and possibly in enough pain that OTC drugs just dull it... she is more likely to want to f*** you up than f*** you.

So armor is better overall "protection".

Though every woman is different so... your mileage may vary

Ah okay thanks for the much needed translation to guyspeak.

Yes, everyone is different.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#414New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 04:25:31
I guess if you are really worried about pregnancy, and doubling up protection, you are worried about the wrong week.

Not that it can't happen, but if you were hedging your bets, i'd say you were doing it wrong. Though if pregnancy is a huge concern, barrier methods ALL THE TIME is still safer, and still that is not 100%
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#415New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 06:05:00
@DiscordTiger Said

I guess if you are really worried about pregnancy, and doubling up protection, you are worried about the wrong week.

Not that it can't happen, but if you were hedging your bets, i'd say you were doing it wrong. Though if pregnancy is a huge concern, barrier methods ALL THE TIME is still safer, and still that is not 100%

That makes sense.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#416New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 06:18:20
@Leon Said

That makes sense.

I did mean barrier and the pill together is better than the pill alone, which is better than barrier alone.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#417New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 06:19:45
@DiscordTiger Said

I did mean barrier and the pill together is better than the pill alone, which is better than barrier alone.

Yes, I understood that, and I agree. I mainly needed a bit of a re-education on the cycles. We would like to have kids someday, but not now.

, Canada
#418New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 17:09:22
@Leon Said

I can only speak for here but here doctors do not tell you anything about your meds. They just prescribe your meds. Most doctors here have no idea if it interferes with your other meds, the side effects, what the pills look like etc. Here when your gets your meds its the pharmacist that looks up if you can take that prescription or not, if it interferes with your meds or not and tells you how to take the pills and puts the stickers on the bottles as to if you need food with the pills or not etc.

I an not sure if I am understanding your question or not, if she just started birth control, another means of birth control it condoms should be used for the first month. After that, its not necessary to use condoms unless on a medication that makes them less effective but one can still get pregnant by being on the pill due to many factors so if one wants to 100% avoid a preganancy they say use condom and birth control. Even something as not taking it the same time every day can make it less effective.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#419New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 17:41:51
@DorkySupergirl Said

I can only speak for here but here doctors do not tell you anything about your meds. They just prescribe your meds. Most doctors here have no idea if it interferes with your other meds, the side effects, what the pills look like etc. Here when your gets your meds its the pharmacist that looks up if you can take that prescription or not, if it interferes with your meds or not and tells you how to take the pills and puts the stickers on the bottles as to if you need food with the pills or not etc.

I an not sure if I am understanding your question or not, if she just started birth control, another means of birth control it condoms should be used for the first month. After that, its not necessary to use condoms unless on a medication that makes them less effective but one can still get pregnant by being on the pill due to many factors so if one wants to 100% avoid a preganancy they say use condom and birth control. Even something as not taking it the same time every day can make it less effective.

Here, every time I go to the doctor, they always ask if I am on any medication, first thing, and ask again if prescribing anything new. Also, the pharmacist is required by law to consult with you about all the contraindications and side effects about using the medication when filling out a new prescription order for you.

, Canada
#420New Post! Nov 03, 2013 @ 19:17:10
@Leon Said

Here, every time I go to the doctor, they always ask if I am on any medication, first thing, and ask again if prescribing anything new. Also, the pharmacist is required by law to consult with you about all the contraindications and side effects about using the medication when filling out a new prescription order for you.

They ask me here as well or if its one of my regular doctors, they just look at my file but I have never in my life had a doctor look to see if any medications interfered with what I was already taking or what they were about to prescribe. That here is always done by the pharmacist when you bring in your prescription slip.

Its just here all that stuff is done by the pharmacist and if you have a bad reaction to your pills or have a question, you also call the pharmacist where you got your pills. If you ask your doctor, all he does is call the pharmacist himself since they are in charge of that here.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...26 27 28 29 30 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs