Time Travellers Wife

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#1New Post! May 09, 2014 @ 20:26:40
WTF.

Woman gets obsessed with guy who is never there.

They seem to be just about to hit it on.

Then he dissapears.
WTF, your falling for a guy who is never there.

Woman: But He loves her (looking as though that should explain it all).

Seriously WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE.
Theres a reason I dont watch chick flicks. They dont make logical sense. Guy isnt there, find a guy who is.

Almost as good as The Titanic. Stupid Bint chucks priceless stone into the ocean. But She Loved Jack. I got slapped over this stupid ending of a funny film.
someone_else_again On May 20, 2021
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#2New Post! May 09, 2014 @ 21:04:25
@Hypnotica Said

WTF.

Woman gets obsessed with guy who is never there.

They seem to be just about to hit it on.

Then he dissapears.
WTF, your falling for a guy who is never there.

Woman: But He loves her (looking as though that should explain it all).

Seriously WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE.
Theres a reason I dont watch chick flicks. They dont make logical sense. Guy isnt there, find a guy who is.

Almost as good as The Titanic. Stupid Bint chucks priceless stone into the ocean. But She Loved Jack. I got slapped over this stupid ending of a funny film.

That's a little bit wrong...

Woman falls in love with a man who is sometimes not there. Sometimes when his is there, it's a "him" from a different time.

As far as I know, she loves him because she loves him, not because he loves her.

BTW, in case you haven't figured it out, love doesn't make any logical sense.

Oh AAAAAND....the end of the Time Traveler's Wife was waaaaay better than the end of Titanic. The Heart of the Ocean didn't even belong to Jack.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! May 09, 2014 @ 21:46:18
Some chick flicks are confusing.
Hypnotica On October 08, 2023

Banned

Steel City (Sheffield), United
#4New Post! May 10, 2014 @ 13:36:51
@someone_else_again Said

That's a little bit wrong...

Woman falls in love with a man who is sometimes not there. Sometimes when his is there, it's a "him" from a different time.

As far as I know, she loves him because she loves him, not because he loves her.

BTW, in case you haven't figured it out, love doesn't make any logical sense.

Oh AAAAAND....the end of the Time Traveler's Wife was waaaaay better than the end of Titanic. The Heart of the Ocean didn't even belong to Jack.

Well actually it does make sense. Titanic: She has that dream at the end of Jack. And she seems very happy when talking about Jack. Yet if he hadnt killed himself, she would of gotten bored of him, probably had a few kids, then they would of argued and fought and it would of ended with a custody battle.

Instead, he kills himself and avoids all that stuff.

Its just Cat String Theory again, you want what you cant have, and when you get it, you grow bored.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#5New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 16:42:23
@Hypnotica Said

Well actually it does make sense. Titanic: She has that dream at the end of Jack. And she seems very happy when talking about Jack. Yet if he hadnt killed himself, she would of gotten bored of him, probably had a few kids, then they would of argued and fought and it would of ended with a custody battle.

Instead, he kills himself and avoids all that stuff.

Its just Cat String Theory again, you want what you cant have, and when you get it, you grow bored.

You must watch different versions of movies than I do.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#6New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 17:03:51
@someone_else_again Said

You must watch different versions of movies than I do.

He just views life and women differently.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#7New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 17:07:59
@floydgirrl Said

He just views life and women differently.

Well there's that. I'm just thinking Jack had an epic suicide.
Stalkee

#8New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 17:11:16
@someone_else_again Said

Well there's that. I'm just thinking Jack had an epic suicide.

I think it was epic in the sense that he did it for Rose. That's a pretty bold thing to do, to save another person. Though, he's not looking at it like that, so the this whole conversation is basically a waste of your time.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#9New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 17:14:25
@floydgirrl Said

I think it was epic in the sense that he did it for Rose. That's a pretty bold thing to do, to save another person. Though, he's not looking at it like that, so the this whole conversation is basically a waste of your time.

That it was. I guess I just don't consider "killing himself" to be a good description of how Jack died.

I'm okay with a time wasting conversation.
Stalkee

#10New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 17:28:44
@someone_else_again Said

That it was. I guess I just don't consider "killing himself" to be a good description of how Jack died.

I'm okay with a time wasting conversation.

I don't think of it that way either, but the OP does.
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#11New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 19:05:31
On the subject of Titanic, have you ever noticed that there was definitely room for two on the piece of board?

Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#12New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 19:14:47
@Silver_Lining Said

On the subject of Titanic, have you ever noticed that there was definitely room for two on the piece of board?

Yes but I remember someone saying something about it not being able to hold the weight of both of them. It's not the size that counts.

https://www.crushable.com/2012/04/19/entertainment/titanic-physics-plank-jack-rose-sunk-370/
Silver_Lining On March 21, 2023
RIP Boobie

STOKE-ON-TRENT, United Kingdom
#13New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 19:16:06
@someone_else_again Said

Yes but I remember someone saying something about it not being able to hold the weight of both of them. It's not the size that counts.

https://www.crushable.com/2012/04/19/entertainment/titanic-physics-plank-jack-rose-sunk-370/

It's blocked at work.
Really. Not a dude.

, Washington
#14New Post! May 13, 2014 @ 19:40:28
@Silver_Lining Said

It's blocked at work.

One of our most enduring problems with Titanic – made ever clearer when I saw Titanic 3D a few weeks ago — is how Rose happily clambered up on that wooden plank while poor Jack literally froze to death in the Atlantic. After everything Jack does for her in the movie, including tracking her down on the ship after she decides to jump out of the lifeboat, the least Rose could do for her poor third-class counterpart is to let him get out of the water and huddle with her til the lifeboats came. Right?

Surprisingly, it took fifteen years for someone to illustrate what a titanic (heh) act of selfishness this seemed to be; not surprisingly, the debate took place on Reddit. User Hitlerwasrighthanded posted this photo of two people sitting comfortably — and even reenacting Rose’s nude pose — on a piece of wood with the same dimensions as the plank from the movie.

During the ensuing debate, some Redditors decided that they didn’t give a f*** about whether the plank could actually have supported Jack and Rose’s combined weight; others suggested sending the problem over to Mythbusters. But it was Redditor Khromatic who weighed in with the proper physics. In short, the Force of Buoyancy (the plank’s ability to stay afloat) was less than the Force of Gravity (Jack and Rose’s combined weights), so the two of them would have sunk.

It’s debatable whether this revelation makes Rose appear less selfish. After all, if she had really loved Jack, wanted to run away with him, and believed that no one was coming back for the Titanic survivors, then wouldn’t it have made sense for both of them to go into the water and die together? Maybe Rose is more self-preserving than selfish, but I’m still pissed that she threw the Heart of the Ocean into the water. Eighty years later. After learning that Bill Paxton‘s character had spent his entire career searching for it. No math can redeem that.

Read more: https://www.crushable.com/2012/04/19/entertainment/titanic-physics-plank-jack-rose-sunk-370/#ixzz31ctWDnDM
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs