Feedback & Suggestions

Thread Block, please?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#1New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 02:21:29
Pretty pretty please? Sometimes there's a specific thread that I just don't want to see anymore, for whatever reason. Please can we have Thread Block as a feature?
FinchMeister On December 08, 2018
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#2New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 02:24:47
Just ask a mod for it to be locked and quarantined.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#3New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 02:26:34
@ArnieCunningham Said

No, not that I think there's something wrong with the thread, and I don't just mean my own threads. I mean, sometimes there's a thread I just don't want to be able to see anymore. Any thread.
Wingsy On November 26, 2023
wingsdillialicious!

Wingsville,
#4New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 02:28:56
@ArnieCunningham Said

I think Lili means that sometimes there's a thread that just plucks your very last nerve, and you don't even want to see it anymore, for any number of reasons. It finally seems to die and then BAM! It pops back up again. It would be nice to be able to block those
Ko On January 25, 2011
\\m/(>.<)\\m/

949 Orange County, California
#5New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 02:31:49
Pay me gas, food and lodging fee, I'll make sure the thread starter'll be gone .. followed by his/her request to lock the thread.
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#6New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 02:32:03
@Wingsy Said

I think Lili means that sometimes there's a thread that just plucks your very last nerve, and you don't even want to see it anymore, for any number of reasons. It finally seems to die and then BAM! It pops back up again. It would be nice to be able to block those

Oh my bad.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#7New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 03:14:29
That would be nice. I have a couple threads this could be helpful for, but yet I don't really want to block the whole forum.
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#8New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 03:52:47
@DiscordTiger Said

That would be nice. I have a couple threads this could be helpful for, but yet I don't really want to block the whole forum.

Exactly! I don't want to block the whole forum. Some threads just get annoying for various reasons.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#9New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 03:55:20
Interesting idea. I think that would be good for some people
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#10New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 04:05:03
Like sometimes there's a thread where it's getting heated, and you just know it would be better if you just stayed out of it, but you can't seem to help yourself because it's got tons of heated activity and the thread keeps getting bumped up to the top every few minutes. Eventually curiosity wins out, you go back in despite yourself, get sucked back in and irritated all over again. After that cycle happens a few times, you can feel like banging your head on a wall
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#11New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 04:23:17
@Lili Said

Like sometimes there's a thread where it's getting heated, and you just know it would be better if you just stayed out of it, but you can't seem to help yourself because it's got tons of heated activity and the thread keeps getting bumped up to the top every few minutes. Eventually curiosity wins out, you go back in despite yourself, get sucked back in and irritated all over again. After that cycle happens a few times, you can feel like banging your head on a wall

I am so guilty of that.
americasprice On November 22, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#12New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 07:42:03
Hey wait...you mean block a Thread just because one person dosen't want to see it? What kind of forum is this?? If someone dosen't want to see a thread "Don't click on it" There are some threads I don't want to see but I don't go around censoring them....its simply not my place. Man, I thought this forum was awsome but I'm getting second thoughts now.
R8UpLittleTramps@ss

ReganNormanMinionluv,
#13New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 07:43:13
I want the NOT ON TOPIC thread to as Paul Finch would say " Please Vanish."
Lili On July 12, 2019

Sunshine Land,
#14New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 07:46:58
@americasprice Said

Hey wait...you mean block a Thread just because one person dosen't want to see it? What kind of forum is this?? If someone dosen't want to see a thread "Don't click on it" There are some threads I don't want to see but I don't go around censoring them....its simply not my place. Man, I thought this forum was awsome but I'm getting second thoughts now.

You're misunderstanding the suggestion. It would only make it so that you could choose to not be able to see the thread. Anyone who had not blocked the thread would still be able to see it and participate in it. You would only be blocking the thread from yourself. Similar to the member blocking and forum blocking features already available.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#15New Post! Feb 24, 2010 @ 07:47:21
@americasprice Said

Not to worry.. This sort of thing happens in cycles..
We have our share of control freaks here, who seemingly have no self control, so they feel it necessary to try to control everyone else.. 99% of the time their "suggestions" are ignored, and the 1% of the time that they're not, most of us don't even notice that anything has changed. Just because a few people would like something doesn't mean that Tino is going to give it to them.

And personally, considering that the site is free, and it's pretty obvious that Tino works his a** off trying to make it better for us all the time, I think asking for even more than he's giving already is pretty obnoxious.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs