Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 10:30:08
I see my bumper sticker thread was locked, but not because of the content but some behind the scenes strife???

First, I think it was instructive, and I expected the spam since I'd pretty much invited it. I think for the most part, the anti-Obama/Dem stuff was much more clever. What the left lacked in quality it made up for with quantity. It doesn't matter that that's my opinion (I'm sure the other side will say the opposite), what matters is what the independents thought, and I think overwhelmingly, they are coming over to the right, and this reinforces it. Again, that's my opinion, but if the election were held today, it'd be a whopper walkaway landslide for whatever ham sandwich was running against Obama, thanks to the buyers remorse of the independents--which we saw a preview of in 2010.

I understand there were some objections to what appeared to be greater numbers of posts by one side than the other. I don't know at what point this happened, or any of the particulars, but that's the nature of the beast here, and as I said, quantity is not an indication of quality. It's the perception of the ones open to influence that counts.

Yeah, I know bumper stickers aren't the proving ground for a well developed sense of humor, but it's still one place to put it on display, and in this and other areas for its display, the Dems are way short. Back in the day, they were the kings of comedy, and the Republicans were the humorless McCarthyites, but not any more. I guess oligarchies and humor just don't mix, which when you think about it, makes sense. It also makes sense that Obama has a pathetic/non-existent sense of humor, but he's a perfect target for it. I predict that if a Republican candidate figures that out, and how to exploit it, he/she will win the nomination and the White House. It could be nothing more than one or two well placed zingers. Meanwhile, maybe there's more to bumper stickers than we thought.

How's that "Hope" & "Change" workin' out for ya?
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#2New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 10:43:17
...Hmmm! Imagine, if you will, a Mad-Hatter-world. A swarm of potential voters position themselves behind Obama. He rejoices, imagining that his speech-making has persuaded the masses to rally round him. And they march forward,united in their view of the past machinations of him and his administration, ....and push him off a cliff.

restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#3New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 10:47:51
Sorry but I have to disagree these stickers make me sick. Just like the recent debate on spending.
Neither party gives a s*** about the American people just about their party and what it says to do.

This is going to be one nasty ugly election and will drive away many people from voting.

There will be so many HALF truths told by both sides that people will need to spend hours finding out the truth.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#4New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 11:05:59
@restoreone Said

Neither party gives a s*** about the American people just about their party and what it says to do.

This is going to be one nasty ugly election and will drive away many people from voting.

There will be so many HALF truths told by both sides that people will need to spend hours finding out the truth.

If voters do not spend the time to seek out the truth about the candidates, but turn away from actually voting, when the time comes, they will have done themselves and their nation a disservice, and turned their country over to a rule-by-party. The strength of this country lies within we-the-people. Just be sure that each who votes is actually a citizen of this country and entitled to vote.

, Ohio
#5New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 11:16:28
IMO it already is a rule by party. Want an political office in your area just join the right party and you will get it not the best person for the job but the right symbol by your name.

, Ohio
#6New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 11:17:57
Should say in many areas of the country.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#7New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 11:19:55
@restoreone Said

Sorry but I have to disagree these stickers make me sick. Just like the recent debate on spending.

Under politics as usual, you might have been right, but this is a death struggle. The usual "play nice" won't work, because the ones that pull their punches, loose. If we insist on that, we will all loose. And the Tea Party branch of the Republican Party does indeed give a s***.
Pcptrvanion On November 10, 2014

Howe, Texas
#8New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 13:45:45
@restoreone Said

Anyone who votes without conducting hours of truth-finding research deserves whatever happens to them.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#9New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 18:59:22
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

If voters do not spend the time to seek out the truth about the candidates, but turn away from actually voting, when the time comes, they will have done themselves and their nation a disservice, and turned their country over to a rule-by-party. The strength of this country lies within we-the-people. Just be sure that each who votes is actually a citizen of this country and entitled to vote.

No you got it messed up. The strength of this country lies within we-the-corporation. The supreme court says so!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#10New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 19:00:20
@restoreone Said

Should say in many areas of the country.

Should say MOST areas of the country.
The two parties have a lock on the whole half & half rigged system.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#11New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 19:00:55
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Under politics as usual, you might have been right, but this is a death struggle. The usual "play nice" won't work, because the ones that pull their punches, loose. If we insist on that, we will all loose. And the Tea Party branch of the Republican Party does indeed give a s***.

s*** is about all they have given!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#12New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 19:01:48
@Pcptrvanion Said

Anyone who votes without conducting hours of truth-finding research deserves whatever happens to them.

Be sure to remember that. And what ever channel you seem to be stuck on getting THAT info.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#13New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 22:03:08
I thought that thread was great idea, I love bumper stickers on all sides of the political perspective, if they are funny or witty even better.

I'm secure enough in my opinion that seeing something against my side is not going to hurt my feelings, and I don't feel the need oppress the other side. I've seen a few that were poking fun of a candidate or party that i liked, I laughed. Life without humor is just not worth living.

Anyway, I'll open up that other thread, if all the fighting stops. There is nothing wrong with a thread asking for a certain time of image, and no rule that one poster can't post more than one before waiting for someone else to post.
It may be annoying, but its not against TOS
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#14New Post! Aug 21, 2011 @ 22:41:12
@DiscordTiger Said

I thought that thread was great idea, I love bumper stickers on all sides of the political perspective, if they are funny or witty even better.

I'm secure enough in my opinion that seeing something against my side is not going to hurt my feelings, and I don't feel the need oppress the other side. I've seen a few that were poking fun of a candidate or party that i liked, I laughed. Life without humor is just not worth living.

Anyway, I'll open up that other thread, if all the fighting stops. There is nothing wrong with a thread asking for a certain time of image, and no rule that one poster can't post more than one before waiting for someone else to post.
It may be annoying, but its not against TOS

Agreed! And I'll post more "conservatively"!
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#15New Post! Aug 22, 2011 @ 01:57:18
@Pcptrvanion Said

Yes, or to us. The Truth will not always will out and the bums will often win by default or.......by their old standby, ignorance.

@shinobinoz Said

s*** is about all they have given!

Oooooo, good comeback.

@shinobinoz Said

Agreed! And I'll post more "conservatively"!

Ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahha.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs