Thought for the Day

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 · >>
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#76New Post! Jan 26, 2020 @ 20:43:19
@chaski Said

And thus I am a believer/follower of the original trinity... the Great Sky God, the Mother Earth and the Cave Bear...

They do not confuse "us" with the causes of happiness nor wars... they neither provide nor accept "blame".

please explain Cave Bear
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#77New Post! Jan 26, 2020 @ 23:06:07
James 4:10

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Anaheim, California
#78New Post! Jan 26, 2020 @ 23:11:05
@Erimitus Said

please explain Cave Bear

Maybe you could read The Clan of th CaveBear
chaski On about 18 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#79New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 00:44:22
@Erimitus Said

please explain Cave Bear

The Cave bear is just a metaphor. Metaphor for that which motivates you. So if you need security, shelter, protection… The Cave bear would represent your confrontation with the need for these things versus the challenge/danger of obtaining these things.

Are you motivated to seize the cave for your shelter? Then you have to achieve dominance over the Cave bear.

Or, are you too frightened by the Cave bear to fight for your own shelter? In that case you must find shelter somewhere else.

So, the Cave bear is just a metaphor for that which motivates you to fight for what you want, or choose to find something else.

If you are motivated to seize the cave for your shelter...Then you have to achieve dominance over the Cave bear. If you are too frightened by the Cave bear to fight for your own shelter? You must find shelter somewhere else.

The Cave bear is just a metaphor for that which motivates you to fight for what you want, or Choose to seek something else… something easier.

But metaphorically this could be any creature… The cave bear could be the snake or alligator or wolf... The things in life that challenge you..

Do you choose to stand and fight? Do you choose to flee? Do you rise above the challenges to achieve? Do you cower and run away from the challenge and remain a sheep?

As a member of the Trinity cave bear is not a God. the Cave bear is a metaphor for that which motivates you to achieve things in your life, or to fail to achieve things in your life.... school, work, career... food and shelter of quality for you and all your family... etc.,

The cave bear can be like the trickster, crow, Raven, coyote, etc.…

The trickster presents both intelligence and flawed reasoning, cowardice and bravery…etc

...metaphorical stories of that which motivates you to choose the best way to live…

So, the Cave bear is metaphor for the challenges of life that you must face or walk away from

@Ghyda Said

Maybe you could read The Clan of th CaveBear

You could, but it would be here irrelevant.
Stalker

#80New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 01:33:30
@Erimitus Said

please explain Cave Bear

Continued...

there is some (possibly "apocrypha" )information that one of early man'f first known "altars" was a cave bear skull.

In addition, caver bears were featured in ancient cave paintings.

Thus my choice of the Cave Bear as the metaphorical representation of the 3rd of the "original trinity".

etc

Feel free to ask more questions.

Anaheim, California
#81New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 01:33:39
@chaski Said

You could, but it would be here irrelevant.

Good to know.
Stalker

#82New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 01:40:07
@Ghyda Said

Good to know.

It was a mediocre film, at best, built around the sexiness of the lovely Daryl Hannah (not of my tastes) who was only very distantly representative of either Neanderthal or Cro-Magnon.

My cave bear is equally as unreal/fictional, though (perhaps) more phylicophically/mythical/religious/methaphorically relevant.... maybe...

Anaheim, California
#83New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 01:51:42
@chaski Said

It was a mediocre film, at best, built around the sexiness of the lovely Daryl Hannah (not of my tastes).

My cave bear is equally as unreal/fictional, though (perhaps) more phylicophically relevant.... maybe...

I read part of one of the later books. I read it in a doctors office. If I remember right, my baby sitter needed to take me along. I don't remember much more than the title.
Stalker

#84New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 02:08:41
@Ghyda Said

I read part of one of the later books. I read it in a doctors office. If I remember right, my baby sitter needed to take me along. I don't remember much more than the title.

Yes... I read the book also.

Compared to Clan of the Cave Bear the Conan the Barbarian books are Shakespearean.

Anaheim, California
#85New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 02:53:31
@chaski Said

Yes... I read the book also.

Compared to Clan of the Cave Bear the Conan the Barbarian books are Shakespearean.

A friend of mine gave me a Conan book. Some of my relatives called it "to racist to read." They had a similar opinion of Tarzan.
Stalker

#86New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 02:56:57
@Ghyda Said

"to racist to read." .

I don't remember Conan as being described as any particular race.

Maybe I am remiss.

Anaheim, California
#87New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 03:49:17
@chaski Said

I don't remember Conan as being described as any particular race.

Maybe I am remiss.

In the novel (the one I had) Conan was white. He allied himself with his white enemies to fight against black people,

At least that is how I remember it.
Stalker

#88New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 04:26:31
@Ghyda Said

In the novel (the one I had) Conan was white. He allied himself with his white enemies to fight against black people,

At least that is how I remember it.

I believe you.

I might double check that point, though not out of disrespect .. but as an opportunity to learn.

Anaheim, California
#89New Post! Jan 27, 2020 @ 21:30:18
@chaski Said

I believe you.

I might double check that point, though not out of disrespect .. but as an opportunity to learn.

I don't remember the title, so I won't be much help.

I think the text could be changed to meet our politically-correct standards. The words, white and black, could be changed to names of tribes.
Stalker

#90New Post! Jan 28, 2020 @ 17:18:14
@Ghyda Said

I don't remember the title, so I won't be much help.

Title not necessary.

Apparently Robert Ervin Howard (author of Conan series) was a bit of a racist... at least in opinion if not action.

The superior race theme is in much of his writings.

There is a chance, however, that what he was doing in his writing was reflecting society. Example: (Apparently) he sometimes refers the the Chinese or Oriental people are weak but other times seems to praise their advanced and ancient society... he sometimes used the word nigger and seemingly in a negative way in his stories... I think one could argue that he was using the images, words and perspectives of his times to present his stories. However, to claim that a story's narrator is not the voice of the author seems unrealistic.

Google is good for something... unless all that is wrong.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs