Thought for the Day

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>
Ghyda On February 11, 2020

Anaheim, California
#16New Post! Jan 01, 2020 @ 01:14:17
@Electric_Banana Said

Well that alone suggests surrendering to a hidden dictatorship operated by a secret society who will impede your way if you do not live your life by their sense of 'right'

And I believe that is organized religion in a nutshell even though its subscribers don't realize how they accidentally serve such a cult

In my more faithful theories as to why this world is; it serves as asylum, rehabilitation and study center working with people of special needs from an outside world whether they suffer a physical handicap or convicted as criminally insane. The prisoners held in Hell's Hell never have a chance at psycho-emotional development; waking each morning to bars and memories of the crimes they committed. Remove those latter two and you have a fresh man ready to make a new start in co-operation with their fellow inmates.

1951 saw Sega Dreamcast level game graphics
The doors to the first virtual environment were opened in 1973

Christianity has little on which Christians agree, so I don't know how one can think of it as dictatorial. Also, what about it is secret?

One Christian organization, which sponsors the White House Prayer Breakfast, has a reputation for its private, out-of the spotlight operations. See the Netflix documentary, The Family.

Christians, especially Evangelical Christians, use the word, surrender, to describe their relationship with God.

Anaheim, California
#17New Post! Jan 01, 2020 @ 23:00:52
... if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Modern translations replace the word, man, with the word, anyone, which may be closer to the meaning of the Greek text. So the use of the word, man, in the Renaissance text could reflect the sexist nature of Renaissance society.

Anaheim, California
#18New Post! Jan 03, 2020 @ 22:45:49
Titus 2:11-12

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

In the first century, pagan gods had reputations for psychopathic behavior,
so one wonders if anyone would have wanted to live "godly."
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#19New Post! Jan 04, 2020 @ 00:01:10
Our savior and lord god, Donald Jesus Christ Trump, has set a very low bar for us all... in terms of godly behavior.

In comparison, as bad as I am, I have lived a super godly life.. many more sins to commit before I’m damned...

Apologies for the politics... I promise to stay on topic from here on... just ignore me. 😎

Anaheim, California
#20New Post! Jan 04, 2020 @ 23:22:38
You may be surprised to learn that some Evangelical Christians think of Donald Trump as the reincarnated King David, a sinner, but also God's servant.

Other Evangelicals think of him as the guardian of constitutional government.

So Donald Trump does have a religious dimension about him.

Anaheim, California
#21New Post! Jan 04, 2020 @ 23:46:43
Micah 6:8

... and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#22New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 00:08:50
@Ghyda Said

You may be surprised to learn that some Evangelical Christians think of Donald Trump as the reincarnated King David, a sinner, but also God's servant.

Other Evangelicals think of him as the guardian of constitutional government.

So Donald Trump does have a religious dimension about him.

Seems to me that the Bible is full of stories of God’s people saying doing and believing and completely idiotic things.

So, no I’m not at all surprised that evangelicals somehow believe in reincarnation, and believe that Donald Trump is the reincarnation of a lying adulterous murderer who like to collect the foreskins of his enemies.

Anaheim, California
#23New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 01:23:37
@chaski Said

Seems to me that the Bible is full of stories of God’s people saying doing and believing and completely idiotic things.

So, no I’m not at all surprised that evangelicals somehow believe in reincarnation, and believe that Donald Trump is the reincarnation of a lying adulterous murderer who like to collect the foreskins of his enemies.

You may be further surprised that Christians agree that "... the Bible is full of stories of God’s people saying doing and believing and completely idiotic things." Christians might say sinful rather than idiotic, but idiotic works for me.

I should not have used the word, "reincarnated." Christians don't believe in reincarnation.

I meant to say that Trump or Clinton, or Kennedy, or Henry Wallace, or Muammar al-Gaddafi are like King David or Jacob, or Judah, or Moses, or Solomon because they are all sinners.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#24New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 04:13:51
@Ghyda Said

You may be further surprised that Christians agree that "... the Bible is full of stories of God’s people saying doing and believing and completely idiotic things." Christians might say sinful rather than idiotic, but idiotic works for me.

Again, not at all surprised....

Christians might also agree that the Bible warns them not to trust false prophets, but that hasn't stopped them from doing just that.

@Ghyda Said

I meant to say that Trump or Clinton, or Kennedy, or Henry Wallace, or Muammar al-Gaddafi are like King David or Jacob, or Judah, or Moses, or Solomon because they are all sinners.

Yes... God puts all the "kings" in place... thus Stalin, Mao, Hitler, and all the other monsters who did horrible things including genocide were all in power because of God... essentially God has sanctioned all of the evil in the world.

Good rulers: Thank you God.

Bad rulers: Thank you God.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#25New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 11:25:34
Our thoughts of death remind us of our ephemerality and not to wast any of our days.

Anaheim, California
#26New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 12:58:38
@chaski Said

Again, not at all surprised....

Christians might also agree that the Bible warns them not to trust false prophets, but that hasn't stopped them from doing just that.

Yes... God puts all the "kings" in place... thus Stalin, Mao, Hitler, and all the other monsters who did horrible things including genocide were all in power because of God... essentially God has sanctioned all of the evil in the world.

Good rulers: Thank you God.

Bad rulers: Thank you God.

Well of course, you blame God for everything. So do a lot of Christians.

I have a Jewish neighbor. She has a continual conversation with God about anything happening in the moment. One day she drove us to a hair appointment, and before we got there we had a fender-bender.

As we were sitting in the car after the accident, she looked up, raised her left hand toward the sky, and said, "Yah had to do it now. Yah couldna waited until on the way home."

Rather comically she blamed God for the accident, but blaming God doesn't help with accidents, any more than with dictators, or floods, or earthquakes, or any other disaster.

Anaheim, California
#27New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 13:02:28
@Erimitus Said

Our thoughts of death remind us of our ephemerality and not to wast any of our days.

So, are you processing your bucket list?

#28New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 14:37:58
@Ghyda Said

So, are you processing your bucket list?

yes

I do not dwell on but thoughts of m death occasionally wash up on the shore of my consciousness

It is, in my opinion, to remember I am mortal.

Death we have in common.

#29New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 14:39:01
@Erimitus Said

yes

I do not dwell on but thoughts of my death occasionally wash up on the shore of my consciousness

It is, in my opinion, a good idea to remember I am mortal.

Death we have in common.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#30New Post! Jan 05, 2020 @ 14:50:57
@Ghyda Said

Well of course, you blame God for everything. So do a lot of Christians.

I have a Jewish neighbor. She has a continual conversation with God about anything happening in the moment. One day she drove us to a hair appointment, and before we got there we had a fender-bender.

As we were sitting in the car after the accident, she looked up, raised her left hand toward the sky, and said, "Yah had to do it now. Yah couldna waited until on the way home."

Rather comically she blamed God for the accident, but blaming God doesn't help with accidents, any more than with dictators, or floods, or earthquakes, or any other disaster.

For some it is a comfort to think that "someone" is in control, rather than just randomness, chaos and nature.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...7 8 9 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs