Politics

This is why Trump will succeed

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
mrmhead On about 18 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 14:57:06
Ok - you want a new thread

Trump will succeed because he won't have nearly half of the gov't trying to stop ANYTHING he does, like the GOPers have worked for years:

"the Republican plot to obstruct President Obama before he even took office, including secret meetings led by House GOP whip Eric Cantor (in December 2008) and Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (in early January 2009) in which they laid out their daring (though cynical and political) no-honeymoon strategy of all-out resistance to a popular President-elect during an economic emergency. “If he was for it,” former Ohio Senator George Voinovich explained, “we had to be against it.”"

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2015/02/01/a-walk-down-memory-lane-on-republican-obstruction/
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#2New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 17:45:57
Well I think in some senses he'll have up to 3/4s of the government against him on some stuff.

To be honest, I'm more worried about Trump rubber stamping the republican agenda than the republicans rubber stamping Trump's agenda.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 19:32:17
Here it is folks, in our face .
What's this say about " We the People " ? This screams 'we the losers', when a politician feels he can ' come clean ' about something like blocking an elected leader for two terms running , or a whole group of elected officials and have no fear about being made to take any of the responabilty for their part . Did anyone notice how no one decided to 'come clean ' until after they were a 'former' part of the deal ? What was it that stopped them from publicly shedding light on the "a consciously thought-out " "strategic decision" when they were first let in on the deal ?
Does it really matter ?
Magically Delicious

#4New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 19:39:52
@white_swan53 Said

Here it is folks, in our face .
What's this say about " We the People " ? This screams 'we the losers', when a politician feels he can ' come clean ' about something like blocking an elected leader for two terms running , or a whole group of elected officials and have no fear about being made to take any of the responabilty for their part . Did anyone notice how no one decided to 'come clean ' until after they were a 'former' part of the deal ? What was it that stopped them from publicly shedding light on the "a consciously thought-out " "strategic decision" when they were first let in on the deal ?
Does it really matter ?

It's what we've been yelling about for eight years. The great obstructionist republicans.

I was raised by a republican father and a democrat mother. I had both perspectives amply represented and pretty well balanced as I was growing up. I personally have always leaned democrat but have voted for republicans in the past.

That was then. This is now. The party of republicans I grew up with had some shred of duty to their country. This party of republicans does not. And the majority of their supporters have no idea what their leaders are up to.

These days I feel very much like Wyatt Earp in Tombstone. If it's got a red sash... To me, every republican has a metaphorical bulls eye on their back at this time. I can't vote, can't support, won't vote and won't support any republican. This complete embrace of partisan politics regardless of cost is not acceptable. The ends do not justify the means.

All I see when I look at the republicans these days are a bunch of cheater obstructionists that exploit the pain of the everyday person that they played a critical role in creating.

It's quite infuriating.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 20:07:23
@LuckyCharms Said

It's what we've been yelling about for eight years. The great obstructionist republicans.

I was raised by a republican father and a democrat mother. I had both perspectives amply represented and pretty well balanced as I was growing up. I personally have always leaned democrat but have voted for republicans in the past.

That was then. This is now. The party of republicans I grew up with had some shred of duty to their country. This party of republicans does not. And the majority of their supporters have no idea what their leaders are up to.

These days I feel very much like Wyatt Earp in Tombstone. If it's got a red sash... To me, every republican has a metaphorical bulls eye on their back at this time. I can't vote, can't support, won't vote and won't support any republican. This complete embrace of partisan politics regardless of cost is not acceptable. The ends do not justify the means.

All I see when I look at the republicans these days are a bunch of cheater obstructionists that exploit the pain of the everyday person that they played a critical role in creating.

It's quite infuriating.

Yes it is !
And what do you get when you prove to a rublicican voter what their leaders are yup to ? A victory dance ,and the old , in your face " " hey, loser life is hard get over it crybaby ".
Magically Delicious

#6New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 20:09:11
@white_swan53 Said

Yes it is !
And what do you get when you prove to a rublicican voter what their leaders are yup to ? A victory dance ,and the old , in your face " " hey, loser life is hard get over it crybaby ".

They mistake volume with accuracy. They think the louder they yell and the more they deride, then the more correct they are.

The rest of us will have to pay the price for not stopping them unfortunately.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 20:39:36
@LuckyCharms Said

They mistake volume with accuracy. They think the louder they yell and the more they deride, then the more correct they are.

The rest of us will have to pay the price for not stopping them unfortunately.

I had started this post with what would have been the 'typical American ' reply . but after reading it typed out ,I realized that just shooting them all wouldn't 'fix' the problem .
So , my new reply is , How would the rest of us go about stopping them ?'
Magically Delicious

#8New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 20:42:37
@white_swan53 Said

I had started this post with what would have been the 'typical American ' reply . but after reading it typed out ,I realized that just shooting them all wouldn't 'fix' the problem .
So , my new reply is , How would the rest of us go about stopping them ?'

By paying microscopically close attention to this "administration". By calling out the hypocrisy of the republicans.

We won't win the battle with the die hards. We can only discredit their idols.
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#9New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 21:10:33
So far I have only seen him succeed in dividing the nation and scaring h out of a lot of people.

Corey.
Ratty On November 08, 2021

So Cal, California
#10New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 21:10:56
I don't see trump "rubber stamping" the republican agenda, heck, he's not even for half the s*** the repugs are. He's not religious enough, he's an isolationist in terms of the military, about the only thing he's republican on is the border. He's the most "mild" republican we could have had in that sense. Pence is more hard line, but at the end of the day he's just a Veep and they hardly do s*** in the big scheme.
Magically Delicious

#11New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 21:20:40
@Ratty Said

I don't see trump "rubber stamping" the republican agenda, heck, he's not even for half the s*** the repugs are. He's not religious enough, he's an isolationist in terms of the military, about the only thing he's republican on is the border. He's the most "mild" republican we could have had in that sense. Pence is more hard line, but at the end of the day he's just a Veep and they hardly do s*** in the big scheme.

Tax breaks for corporations, tax breaks for the wealthy, anti-choice legislation, cutting social services, repeal financial regulations, repeal environmental regulations...

He'd rubber stamp those so fast our heads would spin. Make no mistake about it.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Nov 13, 2016 @ 23:01:23
I know sound odd, but this why between people vote for bozo.

because the wall represent more to the Americans, who supported bozo. because they hate have English language as the second language in America, not the first?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs