The mind of God, Antarctica
#31New Post! Apr 05, 2017 @ 15:12:35
Three shakes, no more, no less
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Apr 05, 2017 @ 17:30:41
@DiscordTiger Said

I'm trying to think of something I always do. It's tough. I'm a little scatterbrained sometimes, and could use a routine.

Perhaps it'd be more appropriate for me to say what I always TRY to do, but am not entirely successful.

I try to always keep my daughter in view all the time so I can see what she's up to. But it's a near impossibility to keep track of a mischievous, inquisitive four year old who seems to have an unerring instinct for when mummy's attention is diverted, even for just a fleeting second.

When I phone my mum or my sisters for a "quick chat" It somehow always fails to be a quick chat. It turns into a loooooooooong one. Always.

I try to always avoid the temptation of chocolate. I fail miserably in that one.

I always try to avoid getting the tap end of the bath, but I usually fail. Wifey's too quick for me.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#33New Post! Apr 05, 2017 @ 17:38:06
@Erimitus Said

But more than 2 and it's... Ohhhh....
Funky-Footed Skunk

#34New Post! Apr 05, 2017 @ 17:50:03
@Jennifer1984 Said

We have a fair few foxes around but the ones that stray into urban areas are pretty shy and keep out of the way of people. And cats.

Our family cats can be real badasses.

It's a good thing you gals are in the UK. It doesn't matter how badass your cats are if they come across a coyote. Those things just f*** up cats. They're only really in the Americas though, so you guy don't have to worry about it.

Hell, in some regions coyotes have been known to bark and howl playfully to try and lure dogs into following them and playing with them, only to actually be leading them into an ambush of at least 5 or more coyotes who then proceed to tear them apart.

@DiscordTiger Said

I'm sure if cornered my pretty princess on a pillow will cut a b****. And maybe take down one coyote, but not a while pack. Certainly not a mom with pups.
She's pretty and fierce.
She's skittish, so not really adventurous but once she's there, she will not let anyone near her*. which means she will fight to the death to get away.
Speaking of we almost had an incident today. But were able to close the door before she noticed it was open.

*except floydie, she loved her. Like she was her long lost bestie.

She sounds like a pretty tough kitty. My first cat Bud was like that, except she would let a lot more people near her when she was outside. But she came in when she wanted to.
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#35New Post! Apr 05, 2017 @ 17:56:16
if i had a daughter, i would, at least, until she is 6 to 8 years old.

then i would take down to get her drive license, maybe at 10 years old. i want make sure not only she can reach the petals on the floor of the car, but she see over steer wheel.

hey, i want be an responsible parent!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Apr 05, 2017 @ 18:03:24
@Erimitus Said

Careful with that zip, now. <wink>
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#37New Post! Apr 05, 2017 @ 18:29:54
Well, before I leave I try to check to confirm I have my keys, phone, money and sunglasses.

But many a time I end up in a car with no keys. Like I ca remember a s*** ton of information, but not to grab my keys.

I also can't leave work at closing time, without confirming the doors are locked and latched myself. I just haven't "closed" for like a year now because of a scheduling change.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

#38New Post! Apr 05, 2017 @ 20:01:05
@psycoskunk Said

But more than 2 and it's... Ohhhh....

in the interest of propriety I am editing the comment I made.

Basically I was cleaning it and it just went off. I didn't even know it was loaded.
Funky-Footed Skunk

#39New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 17:26:52
I also always check TFS at least once a day, if I can.
chaski On about 11 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#40New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 21:55:49
I always measure twice before cutting.

I don't always ask for directions, but when I don't I almost always regret it.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

#41New Post! Apr 06, 2017 @ 22:47:12
I always breath in and out. Even when I am not thinking about it.

And ...and I am always thinking. Sometimes I try to NOT think. But always ...always; the thoughts just keep coming. Sometimes I wait passively to see what my next thought is going to be. I have to be careful because some of my thoughts can be unpleasant.

I always breath, I always think, and I always pee.

What I always do intentionally is different though isn't it...

I always try to eat right but I seldom succeed.

I always avoid places where I won't be able to breath....
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#42New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 00:10:29
when i was a kid, i think my mother love me to have to a great deal of competition in my life.

for example, i won five times for bobbing apples on halloween nights in five years in a row.

every week, at least an hour a day, in my basement. my mother had a big metal tub that you can wash anything. nowdays, you can wash your dog in the tub.

my mom put apples in the tub, so i can practice get the apples with my mouth. but my mom thought it would too easy for me, no challenge for me.

so my mom put a dozen of piranharas in the tub at the same time. but it did work for me. those bastards never had a change against me.

i beat them every time, my mom did help get them off my face, when i came up out of the water, but i always had the apple in my mouth.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#43New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 00:31:42
I always look over my shoulder when changing lanes - even if I think I've spotted every car in my mirrors.

I always hesitate and look both ways when the light turns green. There have been several times I would have gotten flattened by a truck hauling steel rolls had I not.

And still - I'm always courteous to truck drivers - (flashing lights when clear, slowing down - or not speeding up (ok, I'll speed up if Im next to them just to give them clearance quicker) when I see they want to change lanes ..etc)
RalphWat On April 13, 2017

Pirassununga, Brazil
#44New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 10:41:16
Let me show you our route, a perfect way to cover a long distance saving time and energy, without pain and sweat. Put your feet up, join us and let us make it unforgettable. This is segway this, this is the future.
We offer one great different experience to move around Verona, by Segway you will save time and energy enjoying everything from a new point of view. Visit Verona on Segway.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#45New Post! Apr 07, 2017 @ 11:59:28
@RalphWat Said

Let me show you our route, a perfect way to cover a long distance saving time and energy, without pain and sweat. Put your feet up, join us and let us make it unforgettable. This is segway this, this is the future.
We offer one great different experience to move around Verona, by Segway you will save time and energy enjoying everything from a new point of view. Visit Verona on Segway.

Or you could save yourself a lot if time and money (and risk of injury due to fall) by visiting This Verona City

Edit: The link didn't work for me in IE ...
But it seems OK in Chrome ...?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs