Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>
angelcake On January 18, 2016
Say whaaa

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:42:37
when other people are speaking/writing.

We've established they're, their and there is very very annoying as is you're and your.

Personally I hate the words ain't and innit. I grew up surrounded by people who don't say ain't or innit, unless them mean in it and so it's really obvious to me when other people say it. When I hear it I just want to hang people out of a window my their toe nails it drives me mad!!!

What irritates you?
MlissaBeth On February 13, 2013
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#2New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:44:43
People complaining about how others speak/type all the time.
maximillion On December 13, 2016

, Minnesota
#3New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:45:00
people who complain all the time
Say whaaa

#4New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:46:43
@MlissaBeth Said

People complaining about how others speak/type all the time.

Oh you hush I've got the RAGE!!!! I'm actually quite tempted to go out in rush hour just so I can yell at people
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#5New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:50:23
You have to take into consideration this: Nearly every person has a subject in school that they were/are better at.
When it comes to English, some people are just not good at it. They don't understand, it doesn't make sense, and only after months and months of practice do they figure out the basics.

When people are constantly criticizing those who make mistakes (even if not to their face)... Imagine for a second how that might make them feel. I would think a bit like s***. But, then again, that's just me.
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#6New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:51:02
@angelcake Said

Oh you hush I've got the RAGE!!!! I'm actually quite tempted to go out in rush hour just so I can yell at people

You wont be able to move quick enough to dodge the cars that come chasing you down. STAY INDOORS!!!!!!
Say whaaa

#7New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:52:04
@MlissaBeth Said

You have to take into consideration this: Nearly every person has a subject in school that they were/are better at.
When it comes to English, some people are just not good at it. They don't understand, it doesn't make sense, and only after months and months of practice do they figure out the basics.

When people are constantly criticizing those who make mistakes (even if not to their face)... Imagine for a second how that might make them feel. I would think a bit like s***. But, then again, that's just me.

I understand, but I'm not picking on anyone specifically, and mostly with me it's spoken english that bugs the hell out of me rather than written.
GoblintheGoblin On March 01, 2010
Kneel before Zod!

Deleted

swansea, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:52:06
using the wrong words for the context of a sentence.

no you cannot lend from me a fiver you may however borrow one

in wales where i live some people say "are you belonging to them" rather than "are you related to them" drives me mad.

and i know American usage is different to English usage of the language but if some one says they are going to the bathroom in a public place it gets on my tits. if there is no bath in there its a lavatory or a toilet or even a john sounds better.
Oh one more Americanism that grates on me is the use of bring rather than take "Can you bring that coat to the dry cleaners while your out?"

unless you will be at the dry cleaners waiting for me "it should be can you take that coat to the dry cleaners while your out?"

apologies for the rant, I would never bring these things up in a conversation but as the topic has been posted it made me feel much better to vent.
Say whaaa

#9New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:52:25
@MlissaBeth Said

You wont be able to move quick enough to dodge the cars that come chasing you down. STAY INDOORS!!!!!!

I'm not that big yet!
SparklyKatie On March 07, 2014
\m//O_O\\m/

Sheffield, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:55:17
@goblinthegoblin Said

using the wrong words for the context of a sentence.

no you cannot lend from me a fiver you may however borrow one

in wales where i live some people say "are you belonging to them" rather than "are you related to them" drives me mad.

and i know American usage is different to English usage of the language but if some one says they are going to the bathroom in a public place it gets on my tits. if there is no bath in there its a lavatory or a toilet or even a john sounds better.
Oh one more Americanism that grates on me is the use of bring rather than take "Can you bring that coat to the dry cleaners while your out?"

unless you will be at the dry cleaners waiting for me "it should be can you take that coat to the dry cleaners while your out?"

apologies for the rant, I would never bring these things up in a conversation but as the topic has been posted it made me feel much better to vent.

ok stop reminding me of things that wind me up lol, just thought of another one

learn me how to do that...

arrghhh you learn i teach!
GoblintheGoblin On March 01, 2010
Kneel before Zod!

Deleted

swansea, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:56:59
@SparklyKatie Said

ok stop reminding me of things that wind me up lol, just thought of another one

learn me how to do that...

arrghhh you learn i teach!

arrrrghh that is so annoying!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#12New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:57:10
@goblinthegoblin Said

From now on, you can bring your own damn coats to the dry cleaners!

That one gets on my nerves a bit as well.

The other one that bothers me, even though it's technically grammatically correct is "Can I borrow a cigarette".

Are you going to keep track of all the smoke and ashes, and give them back to me when you're done?
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#13New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:58:49
@angelcake Said

I understand, but I'm not picking on anyone specifically, and mostly with me it's spoken english that bugs the hell out of me rather than written.

I know sweety.

@angelcake Said

I'm not that big yet!

No, but you did always have a rather large set of ... boobies.
crankshaft On May 10, 2009

Banned

#14New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 13:59:01
@angelcake Said

when other people are speaking/writing.

We've established they're, their and there is very very annoying as is you're and your.

Personally I hate the words ain't and innit. I grew up surrounded by people who don't say ain't or innit, unless them mean in it and so it's really obvious to me when other people say it. When I hear it I just want to hang people out of a window my their toe nails it drives me mad!!!

What irritates you?

Where I live, ain't is a common word. And, folks here tend to drop the "g" in words that end in "g". Like fishing is just fishin.
My rant is people who won't let you complete a sentence. They ask you a question. Halfway through your answer they interrupt with another question, or walk off before you are done with your answer.
Wait for it!

Tucson, Arizona
#15New Post! Jan 28, 2009 @ 14:01:12
@boxerdc Said

The other one that bothers me, even though it's technically grammatically correct is "Can I borrow a cigarette".

Are you going to keep track of all the smoke and ashes, and give them back to me when you're done?

Ok, people who say that are just retarded. Stop trying to be polite and just ask to have one.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs