The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Teens:
School

Things I see wrong with my school and schools in general.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Xilmwa On June 19, 2015
Phoenix

Zarglibniksokternimilis,
#1New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 08:35:22
First off, my school is insane....mostly about the lunch room.

The bell rings, and you go to lunch, except, you just go into the line, and there are only two lines to support about 500 8th graders.

So, what about the line? Well, I go to lunch from Science, which is basically in Siberia because it's on the completely opposite end of the school, which means I pretty much get there last.

This angers me simply because I typically spend 20-25 minutes in line out of a 30 minute lunch period, which, in some cases, has caused me to sit down, take 2 bites (literally) and the bell rings.

Now, God forbid you be late to 6th period, even though the end of 5th is lunch, so I have to stop eating and throw everything away, which is not only a waste of perfectly good food, it's also a waste of money. Why? Even though I get free lunches, my parents still have to pay for them in the form of taxes, so it is a waste of money there, and I get water.

Well, what is wasteful about throwing away water?

The complete ass-backwards form of drink pricing.

They have these damn little bottles of milk, either white, chocolate, or strawberry, and I would get that, except...it's 1% milk. I'd rather get the water without the coloring.

Out of every 100 mL of that milk, 99 mL of it is water, except for the white, which is 2%, but it isn't any better than the 1% crap.

Now, the milk is free, but water is an extra, and costs 75 cents. Now, at 75 cents per day, five days a week, six weeks per six-weeks, and 6 six weeks, that's $135 a year that I could have spent on something more important than water.

See anything ass-backwards there?

Now, they promised us fingerprinting security on our lunch accounts, which we have yet to see. Of course, the fingerprinting system is fully implemented, but we have yet to start using it.

Now, in school, we have computers (obviously) which we have our own accounts on. The format is basically your last name and three letters of your first name, so mine is lewisjon. The password is my lunch number, except, you aren't supposed to tell anyone your password, which I find ridiculous because in lunch, everyday, you shout the damn thing at the lunch ladies, because, they're a little bit old and hard of hearing. So, you tell everyone else your password in the process.

Which, of course, wouldn't be all that bad, but....
Apparently, I don't have the RIGHT to change my password, and believe me, I tried. Apparently, I would have to completely ignore the rules and hack into the schools Domain Controller just to change my own damn password, which I find absolutely f***ing ridiculous; it's my account, let me choose my OWN DAMN PASSWORD!!!!

Or do you think the student body is just too stupid to have that privilege?

Seriously, you think I MIGHT BE A LITTLE BIT MORE SECURITY CONSCIOUS THAN THAT?

Come on, I'm a f***ing network administrator in my house, I have to manage the network connections from the cable modem to the router, from the router to the wireless computers, and make sure my server is secure. I think I know a bit about security.

And, we have limited accounts, which I understand PERFECTLY, but that also means I have basically three options for a browser, two of which, I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to use anyway.

I could use the Internet Explorer that is pre-installed, but judging by this graph ALONE:

I wouldn't use IE on a regular basis if it was the last browser on earth.

So that leaves Chrome and Firefox.
Now, the Java on the computers hasn't been updated to a version compatible with Chrome, and since one of the most important things I do in keyboarding requires Java, I pretty much have to pound sand.

So, that leaves Firefox, which I haven't yet tried on the computer I'm at now, but last computer, the Flash worked, but no Java.

So, that leaves IE, which I still don't open very often.

I think I'll cut off here....
x_Laura_x On April 02, 2024

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 09:32:29
We get to use Firefox on the college computers

And we can change our own passwords. Sounds like your school is kinda sucky. We don't really have a lunch queue either.
peculiar On May 05, 2009

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 09:43:16
@x_Laura_x Said

We get to use Firefox on the college computers

And we can change our own passwords. Sounds like your school is kinda sucky. We don't really have a lunch queue either.

sucky i can think of another word for waiting 25 minutes for lunch take a sandwich or is there a shop off school you can go to
Xilmwa On June 19, 2015
Phoenix

Zarglibniksokternimilis,
#4New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 10:11:15
@peculiar Said

sucky i can think of another word for waiting 25 minutes for lunch take a sandwich or is there a shop off school you can go to

Um, no, we can't leave campus.

And I have enough to carry already.
Narnar On December 28, 2010

At home, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 10:16:20
We have to use Opera Explorer on our computers,I'm telling you, it's anoying and we get strip poker ads each time we get on the school's main site.
Xilmwa On June 19, 2015
Phoenix

Zarglibniksokternimilis,
#6New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 10:29:40
Opera?

I kind of like Opera, but really, I'm waiting on Chrome for my computer at home. It isn't yet available for Mac.

At home, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 10:32:40
@Xilmwa Said

Opera?

I kind of like Opera, but really, I'm waiting on Chrome for my computer at home. It isn't yet available for Mac.

Lucky you, you get macs.
England doesn't sell them here.
Xilmwa On June 19, 2015
Phoenix

Zarglibniksokternimilis,
#8New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 10:33:33
Not at the school.

Good Lord, I'd love to have macs at school.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 10:35:13
@Narnar Said

Lucky you, you get macs.
England doesn't sell them here.

Eh?

I know people that have Macs. Lol

At home, United Kingdom
#10New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 10:36:34
@Xilmwa Said

Not at the school.

Good Lord, I'd love to have macs at school.

I'd love them in my own home.

@x_Laura_x Said

Eh?

I know people that have Macs. Lol

I thought that it's only the macbooks here in England. But not the actual computer?
Xilmwa On June 19, 2015
Phoenix

Zarglibniksokternimilis,
#11New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:33:15
One other thing.

My school has this "Power of I policy" bulls***.

And that basically is that if you don't turn in your work, you miss a few pep rallies and other fun stuff until you get it in, and it basically goes down as a 1 in the gradebook until you get the paper in.

I'm sorry, I thought the purpose of school was to prepare you for a real job. I also seem to have thought that there is a word for people who don't get their work done on time....

FIRED!
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#12New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:35:55
If you can't beat them, join them; and then beat them.

Nowhere, United Kingdom
#13New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:36:13
@Narnar Said

I'd love them in my own home.

I thought that it's only the macbooks here in England. But not the actual computer?

I know several people that have Macbooks but I've known people who've got actual desktop computers made by Apple
hazuki0chan On July 18, 2012
Zombie Slayer

San Francisco, California
#14New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:39:22
i don't like macs. the graphics are awesome but the OS sucks. that's just my opinion.
Xilmwa On June 19, 2015
Phoenix

Zarglibniksokternimilis,
#15New Post! Dec 13, 2008 @ 23:45:52
@hazuki0chan Said

i don't like macs. the graphics are awesome but the OS sucks. that's just my opinion.

How so?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs