tfc On April 16, 2019

Dallas,
#361New Post! Jan 22, 2010 @ 00:27:54
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#362New Post! Jan 22, 2010 @ 11:50:40
@Paradigm10 Said

8) I want to be just like you when I grow up.

be careful what you wish for my son..... 8)
windracer On September 23, 2010

Cokato,
#363New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 13:39:07
@boxerdc Said

The one thing that they didn't prove, and didn't even attempt to prove is the most important piece of the puzzle in so far as the OP's argument goes.

They never once said, inferred, or mentioned the three words... "God did it".

True. However, if you take that information that they gave you, and compared it with the Bible, what do you find? I know, the Bible tends to leave out a lot of the details as the discovery report, but some of the wording, and even the people involved, what may have happened around it (if we had seen it with our own eyes), it all points to someone causing it. It does. What I am asking you to do is to put a name on who caused it.

When you are reading the Bible to compare it (as I hope you will) try to see it in your mind. I know, we have heard the story so many times if we have been to a church, but try to see the whole thing in your head. It may be difficult, mostly because we don't actually know what it possibly could have looked like, but try. Thanks!

Happy reading! Lol...

Cokato,
#364New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 13:46:38
@kentoo Said

Surrender is an act of submission.... good works is an act of giving

You've said it yourself: submission is giving yourself, good works is giving. Giving...yourself. In the case of Christianity, they are one and the same. God doesn't want us to go out and fail trying to do good for Him by ourselves, to try to do good works for him alone. He wants us to give ourselves to him, to surrender, and he will use us to fulfill good works according to HIS will. Not ours. Does that make sense? And then, when we give ourselves to him, he gives us the Holy Spirit (I'm sorry if you think that's an overly "churchy" word, but I have to use it because its the only right thing to say there) and by that, we are filled with the "Gifts of the Spirit": love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. He gives us these so that HE can do good works THROUGH us. Not so we can go out and fail again. Make sense?

Thanks!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#365New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 13:48:48
@windracer Said

I know, the Bible tends to leave out a lot of the details as the discovery report, but some of the wording, and even the people involved, what may have happened around it (if we had seen it with our own eyes), it all points to someone causing it.

It does not all point to someone causing it, any more than it points to an earthquake, or subsidence from underground water sources that are no longer there, or dozens of other naturally occurring phenomena.

It only points to someone causing it for you, because that's the result that you want. That's not a fault, it's human nature, and we all do it to some extent.

I would need to see the geological studies done there, and know the topography, as well as the construction techniques used at the time, and the economic climate of the cities with regards to maintenance of structures before I decided that walls falling were the result of "someone".

That data is completely lacking in the report that you sent me to, and even then, they stop short of saying "someone did it".
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#366New Post! Jan 27, 2010 @ 18:46:25
@windracer Said

You've said it yourself: submission is giving yourself, good works is giving. Giving...yourself. In the case of Christianity, they are one and the same. God doesn't want us to go out and fail trying to do good for Him by ourselves, to try to do good works for him alone. He wants us to give ourselves to him, to surrender, and he will use us to fulfill good works according to HIS will. Not ours. Does that make sense? And then, when we give ourselves to him, he gives us the Holy Spirit (I'm sorry if you think that's an overly "churchy" word, but I have to use it because its the only right thing to say there) and by that, we are filled with the "Gifts of the Spirit": love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. He gives us these so that HE can do good works THROUGH us. Not so we can go out and fail again. Make sense?

Thanks!
Submission is not giving yourself. Nor is surrender an act of giving.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/submission

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/surrender

Cokato,
#367New Post! Jan 28, 2010 @ 13:45:57
@kentoo Said

Submission is not giving yourself. Nor is surrender an act of giving.

I don't think so. Your definition of "submission" even said ": an act of submitting to the authority or control of another". Your definition of "surrender" said ": to give (oneself) up into the power of another". Submission is submitting (synonym: giving) yourself to the authority of another. Surrender (synonym: giving) even uses "give" in the definition. Its giving yourself to someone else's authority.

God wants us to do both of these, mostly because to do one is really to do the other, doing both. And by doing so, we are giving ourselves to Him, the ultimate authority, to use as He sees fit.

"Faith without works is dead". This is said in the Bible. A lot. So if you believe in God, with all of your heart, the only natural reaction would be to give yourself to him. There would be the only work you would remotely have a part in, really. Sure, your actions in other works would kind of include you, but those works would really be because of God.

I think that faith is really love. If you have faith in God, that he created the world, created you, loves you enough to die for you, than you believe in his love, in essence. And having true faith is not going out and doing all this stuff from your own power to show off, or to make yourself out to be better than anyone else. True faith, the faith shown by the old disciples and followers of Jesus, true faith there was just pure love.

As always, I love questions, and love to know if I don't make sense. I generally type these out in the morning, so there's always the chance that I make no sense whatsoever. I would like to know this.

Cokato,
#368New Post! Jan 28, 2010 @ 13:50:16
@boxerdc Said

It does not all point to someone causing it, any more than it points to an earthquake, or subsidence from underground water sources that are no longer there, or dozens of other naturally occurring phenomena.

It only points to someone causing it for you, because that's the result that you want. That's not a fault, it's human nature, and we all do it to some extent.

I would need to see the geological studies done there, and know the topography, as well as the construction techniques used at the time, and the economic climate of the cities with regards to maintenance of structures before I decided that walls falling were the result of "someone".

That data is completely lacking in the report that you sent me to, and even then, they stop short of saying "someone did it".

Okay, so if your not finding the proof that your seeking for that Bible story, go out and look for anther. Finding faith in something, anything, even a lack of something, should not be something that you just decide one day. So, please, find me something else that you would like answers to. I love questions. And maybe proof in one instance is not enough. But your not going to get all the answers you seek from a forum site. You'll have to do some heavy reading. Don't shy away from it. Anyone, everyone here. Really. Go look for answers. Not just here. Search. I dare you.

Thanks!
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#369New Post! Jan 28, 2010 @ 13:55:21
@windracer Said

Okay, so if your not finding the proof that your seeking for that Bible story, go out and look for anther. Finding faith in something, anything, even a lack of something, should not be something that you just decide one day. So, please, find me something else that you would like answers to. I love questions. And maybe proof in one instance is not enough. But your not going to get all the answers you seek from a forum site. You'll have to do some heavy reading. Don't shy away from it. Anyone, everyone here. Really. Go look for answers. Not just here. Search. I dare you.

Thanks!

I've got the answers that I need. I don't need to search for meaning or purpose in life as I've got both in abundance. I just don't get them from the same place that you do.

I don't need god in my life to feel whole and useful, I have love and family and responsibility for that. The difference is that I'm happy with what I've got, and I'm happy that you've found something that makes you happy, but some christians (not necessarily you), aren't happy unless they make you believe that theirs is the ONLY path to a full and worthwhile life.

It's simply not that way.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#370New Post! Jan 28, 2010 @ 15:41:54
@windracer Said

I don't think so. Your definition of "submission" even said ": an act of submitting to the authority or control of another". Your definition of "surrender" said ": to give (oneself) up into the power of another". Submission is submitting (synonym: giving) yourself to the authority of another. Surrender (synonym: giving) even uses "give" in the definition. Its giving yourself to someone else's authority.

God wants us to do both of these, mostly because to do one is really to do the other, doing both. And by doing so, we are giving ourselves to Him, the ultimate authority, to use as He sees fit.

"Faith without works is dead". This is said in the Bible. A lot. So if you believe in God, with all of your heart, the only natural reaction would be to give yourself to him. There would be the only work you would remotely have a part in, really. Sure, your actions in other works would kind of include you, but those works would really be because of God.

I think that faith is really love. If you have faith in God, that he created the world, created you, loves you enough to die for you, than you believe in his love, in essence. And having true faith is not going out and doing all this stuff from your own power to show off, or to make yourself out to be better than anyone else. True faith, the faith shown by the old disciples and followers of Jesus, true faith there was just pure love.

As always, I love questions, and love to know if I don't make sense. I generally type these out in the morning, so there's always the chance that I make no sense whatsoever. I would like to know this.

windracer,

This is your witness, and it makes sense to me. It is about an ethics of gratitude. I see it in your words and in the words of boxerdc, and in the lives of many, of all Faiths and of none.
kentoo On October 26, 2010

Salmon Arm, Canada
#371New Post! Jan 28, 2010 @ 17:09:28
@windracer Said

This is a classic example of twisting meanings to suit ones perspective. I will reiterate.... Giving is not surrender. Giving up is surrender. There is a big difference between the last two sentences. One act is a result of defeat the other is an act of charity.
Bhav On April 12, 2011

, United Kingdom
#372New Post! Jan 28, 2010 @ 17:15:00
Aquines posts are really wonderful!

They have truly shown me the light and convinced me to convert to a belief system.

I am now a satanist so that I can meet this wonderful Aquine in hell. Thank you, see you in the afterlife. I hope satan will allow me to keep you as my own b**** slave to torture to my hearts content.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#373New Post! Jan 28, 2010 @ 17:57:10
You forgot to mention Buddhism, which is a religion about bettering yourself and the world around you. But let me guess... Satanic.

Oh, and don't forget Pastafarianism. They worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster and their Heaven has a stripper factory and a beer volcano.
aquine On May 30, 2014
Psalm 2 = Rev 11:15

Banned

Alice SPrings, Australia
#374New Post! Jan 29, 2010 @ 05:26:13
@Bhav Said

Aquines posts are really wonderful!

They have truly shown me the light and convinced me to convert to a belief system.

I am now a satanist so that I can meet this wonderful Aquine in hell. Thank you, see you in the afterlife. I hope satan will allow me to keep you as my own b**** slave to torture to my hearts content.

You misunderstand the Lake of Fire.

As in this world no one is fooling no one, because the Truth came into the world so that those who believe may be redeemed.
So in the Lake of Fire, no one will be tormenting anyone. Satan won't be allowing you to do anything. Satan and his angels will be enduring everlasting punishment, as will those who remained condemned through rejection of the Redeemer.

God bless you.
Zker On March 23, 2012

Banned

Foster Grant, United States (g
#375New Post! Jan 29, 2010 @ 05:30:42
@aquine Said

You misunderstand the Lake of Fire.

As in this world no one is fooling no one, because the Truth came into the world so that those who believe may be redeemed.
So in the Lake of Fire, no one will be tormenting anyone. Satan won't be allowing you to do anything. Satan and his angels will be enduring everlasting punishment, as will those who remained condemned through rejection of the Redeemer.

God bless you.

Aguine,
I pray we ride together with the army of Jesus our savior. In the final battle I hope to have a sword and kill those Jesus says too.
Bless you.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...23 24 25 26 27 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs