Forums: Business & Money:
Marketing Techniques

Theater Books, and how to promote them?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Prospero On July 12, 2011

Santa Fe,
#1New Post! May 21, 2011 @ 23:10:35
I love reading scripts -- in fact I prefer them to regular novels. But alas, I find that most people evidently do not. And this makes difficult my work, which is editing and translating theater scripts.

I've been thinking of trying to focus mainly on selling the books wholesale to performing arts bookshops , but I'm not having a lot of luck finding a good listing of those and their contacts (I do not live in a big theater region myself.) So this plan isn't working out well either.

So, what other kind of sales tactics might there be for this?
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#2New Post! May 21, 2011 @ 23:33:53
The problem is scripts aren't meant to be read, they are meant to be seen and heard. So unless people are studying or performing they are more likely to go see it rather than read.

You could try through a schools bookshop, or working with schools/colleges/universities - but they would have to be on the curriculum. You could to look at reading lists and try to get them in local bookstores.

Other than that, you could possibly try finding out where the play is being performed and seeing if the company/theatre would like to sell them? It's probably a long shot, but it might work.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs