Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#1New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:10:25
Be honest here.

I've found by visiting many discussion boards that a lot of people tend to agree or disagree with the post itself -- by who says it.

SO. If you see a post you tend to agree with, but it's made by a person you normally don't like, are you less likely to give it any value?

On the other hand, if you see a post you tend to disagree with, yet it's made by someone you look up to and respect, you might be less likely to disagree?

Does that make sense? Do you tone down your objections if it's someone you like, or tone down your agreement, if it's someone you don't like?

Myself, I never read "who" made the post until after I've read it. But even if it's someone who normally irks me, I will still agree with their point. and vice versa.

So do you form your opinions and posts by "who" made the comment or not?

Be honest with yourself.
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#2New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:11:41
Yeah I laugh at stupid threads created by people who I dont like... if that makes sense?
emoric On January 02, 2010

Deleted
Banned

lol :D, Indiana
#3New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:13:46
I keep away from threads like, 'stupid men', or 'abortion', or 'damn stupid men'

meh
Tequila_Sunrise On February 15, 2023
Bom Chika wah wah ..

In your imagination, Australia
#4New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:14:41
@emoric Said
I keep away from threads like, 'stupid men', or 'abortion', or 'damn stupid men'

meh

Or Lol at the seriousness of suicide victims threads?
QueensLyricist On November 26, 2008

Deleted

Jamaica Queens, New York
#5New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:15:59
I'm open to all discussion, it's why I do my music and It's why I join these forums; to help people out with questions, etc. But then again that's just because I've been thru a lot and overcome a lot and people need more help than I do. I see what ya saying tho, If I dont like someone I'll probably lean towards disagreeing before agreeing wit em on anything.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#6New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:16:03
I speak my mind always on any subject, whether I like the person or not; though I may tread a little softer with those I like.
sassi On February 20, 2009

Deleted

Coolangatta, Australia
#7New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:16:16

Lighten up you take this stuff too too serious. Remember this forum kills boredom and it's so humorous.

Deleted
Banned

#8New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:16:40
@Tequila_Sunrise Said
Or Lol at the seriousness of suicide victims threads?

you know me already
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#9New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:25:17
@QueensLyricist Said
If I dont like someone I'll probably lean towards disagreeing before agreeing wit em on anything.

Bingo. We got one person able to speak the truth.

Now I know some people like me, and some people don't. But I can guarantee that if I say something that I know the people who don't like me would totally agree with (if someone else had posted it) -- I can bet money they will STILL find a point to disagree with.

It's just funny that way.

How hard is it to remain impartial, and just read the words without regard to "who" said it?
rider On September 28, 2009

Deleted

The first one, Australia
#10New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:31:41
If it's an interesting Thread,I'll join in,my pet hate is when somebody asksthe most stupid questions,something like ,I just ate rat poison and I feel sick" What do I do Now" the amount of times I felt like being openly rude to them is ridiculous.
loveis On January 15, 2010
brat-inella

Deleted

In the mirror,
#11New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:33:52
@4000earthquakes Said
Bingo. We got one person able to speak the truth.

Now I know some people like me, and some people don't. But I can guarantee that if I say something that I know the people who don't like me would totally agree with (if someone else had posted it) -- I can bet money they will STILL find a point to disagree with.

It's just funny that way.

How hard is it to remain impartial, and just read the words without regard to "who" said it?

I spoke the truth, word for word.
backseatcynic On January 19, 2010

Henryetta, Oklahoma
#12New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:34:42
Well, the person posting shouldn't be used as a bias. However, the person posting, once you get a sense of who they are, is within the context of the post. Your characterization of an individual should not affect the credibility of the words, but does affect the credibility of the person. Let me use an example to clarify.

Example: TFS Member X
Thread #1- Candidate A has an impeccable
record in the legislature, and so
deserves reelection.

Thread #2- Candidate A is the white guy for the
job.

Two very different statements, aren't they? Hopefully, no one would give any credence to the second statement. But regardless of the source, the first statement could be argued to a convincing measure of certainty. The fictitious Member X is a s*** individual, and has no credibility. But words are words, read and understood universally, regardless of origin. Fortunately we have the sense to know what's stupid and what's not. It's simply a funny contradiction that it's possible for a stupid person to say a smart thing.
roxygemini On April 16, 2009

Deleted

, Canada
#13New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:39:34
I post whatever I am in the mood to post.

Although emorics Josie posts make me want to pull a Mike Tyson on his ear.

Deleted
Banned

#14New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 04:42:36
@roxygemini Said
I post whatever I am in the mood to post.

Although emorics Josie posts make me want to pull a Mike Tyson on his ear.

ahh, please do
not4sale On May 28, 2010

Banned

Melbourne, Australia
#15New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 05:21:26
I'd hate to think people were taking it easy on me because they like me. That'd mean I was liked!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs