Science

The race is on... will Russia get there first/

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On about 20 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 01:31:08
> No longer confined to territories here on Earth, Russia has now staked its claim on Venus, saying it is a "Russian planet." <

So... should we the USA... "leader of the free world" try to get to Venus 1st... or will we claim Mars!

I say "CLAIM THE PLANET OF THE WAR GOD!"

But only if we take "heavy metal" rock-n-roll there.
Darkman666 On about 6 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 02:22:36
russians missed the opportunity to go to the sun. poland got there before russia and usa.

poland launched their rocket by night!
crusty_fart On May 27, 2022

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 18:23:29
I think Mars is more suited to you Americans, the "God of War" is definitely more American than Russian.

However I don't think the "Goddess of Love" is particuarly suited to Russia, or any country inhabited by humans really.

Now on a serious note, the gravity on Venus is closer to that on Earth than Mars is. Also Venus is closer.

As far as America reaching Mars though, I get the impression Elon Musk is making more progress with SpaceX than NASA (I may be wrong though, feel free to correct me), so Mars would be privitised, on a personal note I disagree with the privitisation of space. At least at our current primitive level of civilisation (We cannot utilise all the energy capability on Earth yet).

Russian have been developing the FEDOR though, which will probably make colonisation of space easier and initial stages of Terraforming can be done in non human conditions with FEDOR or its equaivilent.

However, realisitically, if we are ever to build a Dyson Sphere or a Dyson Swarm, in order to collect a great amount of energy so that space travel is possible (it will be the equivilent of the discovery of fire), the first planet that we as humans land on and claim will probably have to be strip mined in order to construct a Dyson Sphere or Dyson Swarm. So in that regard Mercury would probably be the best choice.

Anyway yeah, just my thoughts.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 20:15:40
For the few spacecraft that have landed on Venus, their lifetime is measured in minutes.

How many years later and we have equipment still operating on Mars?

I choose Mars.
Darkman666 On about 6 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 20:44:30
@mrmhead Said

For the few spacecraft that have landed on Venus, their lifetime is measured in minutes.

I choose Mars.

i choose pluto. then i meet goofy, mickey, daisy, and donald.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 21:01:16
Halley's Comet for me.

crusty_fart On May 27, 2022

Somewhere, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Sep 19, 2020 @ 21:02:39
@mrmhead Said

I choose Mars.

I failed to take the temperature into account.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs