Feedback & Suggestions

The "point" thing...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
4000Earthquakes On April 25, 2009

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#1New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 03:35:39
I just have to say -- it's pretty weird to me.

I mean, it's obvious that what you say has nothing to do with anything, it only has something to do with the length of your posts and your punctuation and spelling.

And what do the points mean? What good are they?

As many sites as I have been to, I have never seen a site do this.

I wonder. I joined a month and a half ago, and got big points at first, but after one month, a lot of my posts were zeros. Is there some martian in there reading these things before anyone posts? Get real.

It's sort of an insult to have a computer randomly give you "points" (which are basically worthless) for anything you say.

I see that "El TiNo" is into psychology. Studying peoples behaviors. As much as I love this site, i find this point thing just plain weird. I've seen at least one moron with mega points... post on and on, more moron posts, so all i think is that that person has no life and has just posted so much (substanceless) posts.. that's why the big number.

I mean, if that person (with their big "points" ) - is an example of what matters here... forgive me, i'll bow out.

I don't give a damn about your "points". I don't need points.

I do think the "kudo" system is valuable. It gives you direct feedback from (hopefully) real people, and teaches you "this is what is good..." "this is what is not goood...".

Ok. So you want feedback. I think the "point" system is a joke and an insult. But if it makes people feel better, or smarter, or more loved and adored... hey keep on keepin on... cuz that's the only thing "points" are good for -- is the ego.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#2New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 03:36:14
I got 30 points for that mofo. Go figure.
emoric On January 02, 2010

Deleted
Banned

lol :D, Indiana
#3New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 03:38:41
lame doublesss
emoric On January 02, 2010

Deleted
Banned

lol :D, Indiana
#4New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 03:38:52
I personally don't like the point system, I think it would be cool if it was based on reputation like in most forums. But hey, its good to be different, eh?
MartianLeader On February 20, 2015
PazuzuPossessed

Exorcist Drive,
#5New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 03:42:17
The points allow you to up load pictures. The more points you have the more pictures you can up load.

View Image

Martian Leader
nothinsnew On September 15, 2009

Deleted

The Coast, Australia
#6New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 03:49:06
I really dont have a problem with the points thing and I dont think its all about who's got the most - for some people its just fun trying to get more points which works for the site (eltino) because it means there are more hits.

I dont think many people on here really do care about the points thing one way or another.

Some people have lots some people have a few... its good to be able to do more things like upload pics, sigs etc but really ... who cares?

I dont think its something that will change in the near future anyway and its not like it effects the way you do things on the site.
KZ_page On December 01, 2008

Deleted

lakeville,
#7New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 05:00:02
I agree to a point
tinydancer On January 18, 2009

Deleted

, Christmas Island
#8New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 06:17:04
Funny
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#9New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 06:46:30
Most forums use 'post count'. Of course, one person could have 100 good posts, and another person could have 1,000 crappy posts.

Typically (but not always) longer posts contribute more to the discussion than short ones, so the points system takes that into account.

If you don't like it, then don't pay attention to it.

Banned

Joshua Tree, California
#10New Post! Oct 09, 2008 @ 07:00:47
I think it's funny eL TinO (why do yo capitalize that 0 at the end?) (and not capitalize the first letter?) (and then capitalize the L)? Crap, just trying to get your name right messes with my brain...

oh the topic. Um points. I don't pay attention. I just feel weird when i make a post and it's like 20 points, and i'm all "oooh la la" and then another one and its "0"... and then i go to bed crying... and it makes no sense.

Can I trade my points in for macaroni?

I like TFS. And I know it's your baby. It's a great place. Thanx for making it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs