Politics

The "floating" voter - who really controls who gets elected

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sheepy On March 23, 2010

Deleted

Treasure Island, United Kingdo
#1New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 14:05:58
It seems to me, in a democracy, that there are two sorts of political people.
There are those who always vote Democrat or Republican, Conservative, or Labour etc, and they would never vote anything else - they are the core voter.

Then, there are those who listen to the arguements, and may change their political affiliation depending on their feeling at the time (Or in the case of someone I work with - if it's a guy standing, if he is "dishy" or not).

Now the core voters will never change, but it seems it's the floaters who are responsible for changing governments - so it's only a small percentage of the potential electorate who actually decide who gets in.

I am very adamant who I support, there is no way on earth I would support the opposite party - I'd rather not vote. This means I guess that I'm not really involved in government changes.

Does anyone here ever change their opinions when it comes to voting? Or do we all just go and vote for whoever we always have done.

Or is my arguement totally barking up the wrong tree
kebab_boy On April 05, 2011

Bristol, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 15:20:17
If I had the vote now, I wouldn't be sure who to vote for. I'd probably be one of the core voters and just vote for labour because I don't think the other parties are any better, especially since what got found out about those two people in the liberal democrats, I wouldn't vote for them now.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#3New Post! Jan 29, 2006 @ 21:12:42
If I was allowed to vote in presidential elections I would vote libertarian.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs