The psychology of provoked retaliation

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>
twilitezone911 On March 25, 2019

Saint Louis, Missouri
#31New Post! Sep 22, 2016 @ 09:00:30
@white_swan53 Said

Really ? You seriously believe that I don't get what your style of posting is about . Wow. Cool.

I have some doubt , I know you are intelligent enough know that I am. I don't truly underestimate anyone in the long run. it isn't in my nature. your are not a dumb pumpkin, sometimes your intelligence give away that or you don't know how smart you are. this is compliment.

swan- you can said someway, I am more illusion that people think I am. I am very good what I can protect myself, but past year, I show more myself in last year. than in 6 years on the forum.

offline, people are more confuse by me, my defense is better than my offense. many ways that real me is just illusion in your mind. most people could said this, because we naturally we do this. that is truth, I am just a little better than an average person. maybe better.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#32New Post! Sep 22, 2016 @ 09:12:35
@white_swan53 Said

Really ? You seriously believe that I don't get what your style of posting is about . Wow. Cool.
The two of us have spent the biggest part of this night de railing two , three threads ,posting page after page of back and forth silliness and now hors later you pull this out f your hat ?
Dude , (I'd Like to say 'words escape me ' but we all know that ain't happening' but PC words have ran screaming into the wilderness.

pulling things out of my a** - I am very creative I think fast enough to as funny or come up with something very intelligent in a sperm of the moment. you call a gift.

most time, it hard to picture someone with no face or body. to judge a person's personality off a post is hard.

this blank post is the best defense as an illusion, anybody could want. this blank post is also best way, to avoid contact to know someone. simple not write on the post at all.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#33New Post! Sep 22, 2016 @ 09:49:29
@twilitezone911 Said

pulling things out of my a** - I am very creative I think fast enough to as funny or come up with something very intelligent in a sperm of the moment. you call a gift.

most time, it hard to picture someone with no face or body. to judge a person's personality off a post is hard.

this blank post is the best defense as an illusion, anybody could want. this blank post is also best way, to avoid contact to know someone. simple not write on the post at all.

You pull what out of your where ?
I could went just as I was , thinking H-A-T, but nnnoooooooo,,,
You just had to go there and change my mental image from H-A-T to
didn't you ?
Conflict On April 22, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#34New Post! Sep 22, 2016 @ 20:05:12
There is one important detail I forgot to add. Our teacher, was a British Indian and she followed the Hindu faith closely by having a red dot on her forehead. I have no idea what this means, but according to my mother, some Indian women at the time, I'm referring to 1994, were still subordinate to men or let them have control over them.

I would suggest that in this case, Freddy had the power over our teacher to be submissive to him. Myron had to step in. Freddy was abusing his power by taking advantage of her so someone had to oppose him, in my view.

By the way, a friend of mine said that what Freddy throwing the stack of papers in Myron's face and then shoving him thereafter was 'assault consummated by a battery.' Would any of you agree on this?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#35New Post! Sep 22, 2016 @ 21:10:24
@Conflict Said

There is one important detail I forgot to add. Our teacher, was a British Indian and she followed the Hindu faith closely by having a red dot on her forehead. I have no idea what this means, but according to my mother, some Indian women at the time, I'm referring to 1994, were still subordinate to men or let them have control over them.

I would suggest that in this case, Freddy had the power over our teacher to be submissive to him. Myron had to step in. Freddy was abusing his power by taking advantage of her so someone had to oppose him, in my view.

By the way, a friend of mine said that what Freddy throwing the stack of papers in Myron's face and then shoving him thereafter was 'assault consummated by a battery.' Would any of you agree on this?

i am not sure that her faith had to do with freddy or Myron.

she know at that she was working in a man's world, she had to adjusted to that.

it is possible that might been pregnant at the time. in her faith, that she felt showing her pregnant stomach in public, was not the best thing to do. her faith might not allow to show it in public. especially, that her faith that man was more dominating than the woman in her faith.

i think this is something more to this story, than the two boys and her.

i think your friend might reach this to be an conclusion of this incident. this can happen to kids in any school.

even doubt, the school make to much out of this incident. the boys should punished by school, and counselored by the school's principal or vice- principal, and long teacher -parent conference.

seriously doubt, any kind of charges that with police or the judge will involved with this incident.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#36New Post! Sep 23, 2016 @ 19:31:28
@Conflict Said

Myron didn't humiliate Freddy. As I recall, he told Freddy to behave in a civilized way and show some respect.

And if Freddy would've kept silent from that point forward, Freddy would've looked like a told dog.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#37New Post! Sep 23, 2016 @ 21:31:17
@Electric_Banana Said

And if Freddy would've kept silent from that point forward, Freddy would've looked like a told dog.

All our teacher asked him to do was clean up his own mess and then to put a stack of papers in the right place. I find both requests perfectly reasonable.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#38New Post! Sep 23, 2016 @ 21:51:48
freddy has the problems, when he is upset. he slashed out like that.

he was avoked by Myron that act the way, yes, his teacher asked freddy was reasonable request.

n/a, New Mexico
#39New Post! Sep 24, 2016 @ 04:26:00
@Conflict Said

If the teacher was allowing her male students to control what happened in her classroom because of her Hindu faith , then she had made some very bad career decisions , she should have studied to become a grade school teacher where the boys are younger or maybe she should have taken a job in a all girls school.
I agree that what Freddy did would be considered "assault consummated by a battery." And he should have been disciplined for his actions , after all your friend had spoken to him, he didn't threaten or attack him.
But,I stand by what I said before . Your friend involved himself in a situation that had nothing to do with him . It's never okay for one student to try to control or fix what's happening concerning another student . Who knows what would have happened if Myron had stayed out of it , do you think Freddy would have done to the teacher what he did to Myron? Or would he have just sat down without ignoring the teacher and his mess ?
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#40New Post! Sep 24, 2016 @ 04:48:00
One has to respect a person in authority,
and others 'should' back off and let them 'handle' things.

But, ya know, at all times, when things begin to escalate,
there should always be a 'go to' person who will have your back.
(or a 'step forward' ..from-an-unexpected-source person?)

n/a, New Mexico
#41New Post! Sep 24, 2016 @ 04:52:38
@twilitezone911 Said

freddy has the problems, when he is upset. he slashed out like that.

he was avoked by Myron that act the way, yes, his teacher asked freddy was reasonable request.

Freddy needed to be in a class with a teacher who had the training on how to deal with a special needs kid .

Myron didn't provoke Freddy to do anything , Freddy was already angry and acting out , all Myron did was give Freddy a target . I'll bet that Freddy knew that attacking the teacher wouldn't be tolerated, but another student was fair game.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#42New Post! Sep 24, 2016 @ 11:45:36
@white_swan53 Said

If the teacher was allowing her male students to control what happened in her classroom because of her Hindu faith , then she had made some very bad career decisions , she should have studied to become a grade school teacher where the boys are younger or maybe she should have taken a job in a all girls school.
I agree that what Freddy did would be considered "assault consummated by a battery." And he should have been disciplined for his actions , after all your friend had spoken to him, he didn't threaten or attack him.
But,I stand by what I said before . Your friend involved himself in a situation that had nothing to do with him . It's never okay for one student to try to control or fix what's happening concerning another student . Who knows what would have happened if Myron had stayed out of it , do you think Freddy would have done to the teacher what he did to Myron? Or would he have just sat down without ignoring the teacher and his mess ?

The way I see it, if no one had intervened in this situation, Freddy would have felt that he was able to take as many liberties as he wanted to. I think someone had to step in to show him that he couldn't keep abusing his power, which is what he was doing from where I stand. I agree with your suggestion that our teacher should've been better prepared to deal with someone like Freddy, but let's also consider that until he arrived, no one else had mistreated her like he had. Her working environment had previously been a safe, peaceful one. Freddy upset that and because nobody like him had done it before, I can understand why our teacher didn't act as she was supposed to.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#43New Post! Sep 24, 2016 @ 12:36:48
@white_swan53 Said

Freddy needed to be in a class with a teacher who had the training on how to deal with a special needs kid .

Myron didn't provoke Freddy to do anything , Freddy was already angry and acting out , all Myron did was give Freddy a target . I'll bet that Freddy knew that attacking the teacher wouldn't be tolerated, but another student was fair game.

I know back in the 70's, when I was in school, there as advantage with special schools. how they treated the kids. back in 90's, there were more advantage.

freddy get this mood, he might have know better but his illness, might took over his rational thinking matter. probably more at that age anything.

yes, teachers should some sort of training deal with kids like freddy's need.

where conflict lived back then, they might not have special schools in his district or city to send freddy.

I remember my old neighborhood, where I went to school, there was a special school in a regular school system.

yes, the school probably didn't have funds to hire special school teachers or teacher aids to help freddy and other kids like him.

myron was baiting freddy, Myron should transferred to another school district. of course. freddy know better, it would been better Myron did encourage it. freddy didn't control his temper and lashed out.

freddy control his temper, then nothing would happen. the school should provide the teacher with a male teacher asst. because of freddy and his needs.

state just can't said to Freddy's parents, your child is uncontrollable. he is simply a monster, and endangerous every child in the school. he must not get education in school in this district. he is banned. you education freddy on your own. you must home school freddy!

now. if the school provided the teacher with a male teacher aid for freddy this situation would or might not happen.

I understand if the school the teacher for was fired for embarrassment of the situation, or the school forced her to quit. that was it sound like to me with the teacher. it probably she quit, because she was afraid of freddy.

n/a, New Mexico
#44New Post! Sep 24, 2016 @ 16:24:27
@Conflict Said

The way I see it, if no one had intervened in this situation, Freddy would have felt that he was able to take as many liberties as he wanted to. I think someone had to step in to show him that he couldn't keep abusing his power, which is what he was doing from where I stand. I agree with your suggestion that our teacher should've been better prepared to deal with someone like Freddy, but let's also consider that until he arrived, no one else had mistreated her like he had. Her working environment had previously been a safe, peaceful one. Freddy upset that and because nobody like him had done it before, I can understand why our teacher didn't act as she was supposed to.

I agree with your theory about the teacher and her actions.
I also agree that something had to be done to make Freddy understand he was in the wrong.
But, it should have been some one in authority and not another student. When it became obvious that the teacher couldn't get Freddy to 'behave' she should have sent one of the other students to get another teacher or the principle.
But, it was decades ago and what we think about what Freddy , the teacher or you fried doesn't matter.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#45New Post! Sep 24, 2016 @ 16:55:13
@white_swan53 Said

I agree with your theory about the teacher and her actions.
I also agree that something had to be done to make Freddy understand he was in the wrong.
But, it should have been some one in authority and not another student. When it became obvious that the teacher couldn't get Freddy to 'behave' she should have sent one of the other students to get another teacher or the principle.
But, it was decades ago and what we think about what Freddy , the teacher or you fried doesn't matter.

exactly, the teachers are better train ( I hope! ) with kids that with adh and autism because more common these days ever that kids have these problems, and no excuse that a teacher is prepare deal with these problems in the classroom.

the question is why the teacher didn't reach for help. there should been a call button in the classroom for these situations.

agree with you, swan, why are you bring something happen the far in the past, really nothing do with you, conflict. if you felt guilty, not stopped freddy or Myron. you weren't suppose to stop them, you were just a kid yourself. you weren't an adult then, this was adult problem.

conflict: move on with your life!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs